Hunting lately

-
It was unusually dark " ghetto deer " ???? Has nothing to do with Texas I was just a few hundred yards from Arkansas...

It sure will make a nice wall hanger. was you in the south west corner.
I took top dog in a bass tournament on lake Degray in 1986.
There sure is some nice country there too.

Wow !! some more of Gods country.Are you tagged out yet.
Lake Hamilton is a dandy fishing lake too.
If I ever get my Little valiant we my end up seeing each other some day.

Yeah Tagged out and its killing me.. I really need to be up in a tree... If you are ever down this way give me a shout....

Yeah Tagged out and its killing me.. I really need to be up in a tree... If you are ever down this way give me a shout....

I sure will!! and sorry to here you are tagged out.
I have one and can't wait to use it.
So I can do another shoulder

1030777.jpg

1030777777.jpg

I know that thing was good !!! Shoot , you could wrap a turd in bacon and make it taste good...:happy6:

Good morning all!! It has been clear and full moon nights for the last three days and the deer have been moving at night, But!! Not last night.:-D
We have a light to heavy fog this morning and it rained late yesterday and
some lastnight.
It snowed just 50 mile's west of me last night so here I go alone to my picked area to hopefully get me one. I will not turn down a big buck, but I would like a yearling for the freezer.
Wish me luck !! and a sharp eye.

Not today.:clock: Time will run out friday.:read2:

This is the last day for gun season "shot gun slug".
Got to be honest I am hurting a little.
Good thing is I did not see any fresh track yesterday at all!!
bad news was I did not here a shot at all yesterday to help move the deer.
I talked to a friend of mine on the walk back home, And she said if I bring here some oats she would kick some deer up for me today.

so maybe they will get out to day.

11111.jpg

11111h.jpg

Well men and ladies!! I seen 6 doe run to the corner and jumped the fence.
Now I am pumped!! deer are going to move today.:happy7:
They where 200 yard out and I was hoping on a dumb one I guess.
I hugged the tree for a while and waited about 30 minutes later and
two does headed my way!! They looked perfect, Young and small.
Got my binoculars out and they had there heads down grazing.
Got my camera out and got a quick picture then got back to my stealth mode. still two hundred yards out.
Here they came back toward the same way they came in.
Pulled up my 20 gauge 3 in slug gun and waited till the got as close as they where going to get to me. I would say 80 yards and took a shot knowing this is a shot that would be a maybe. They turned and looked strait at me and then I took another shot hoping to drop one. Not!!! I knew better, but they was heading out and and I missed and they took off.
Next year I will have a 870 3 1/2 inch slug gun with rifle sites.

Or is a cross bow in my sites. more season to hunt.

2008deerwoods 007.jpg

You are not allowed to hunt with rifles?

South Carolina allows rifles. I use a .270 Browning Safari with the BOSS system and do really well with it.

One thing is for sure the deer didn't know you was there. You're getting closer.

here is the corner they ran too.

You can see them under the tree in the first picture barley "cheep camera"
Good day anyway. I sure was hoping to show you some good fresh meat.

But not this year. I sure did enjoy seeing everyone that had a good hunt this year in this thread.
Now back to fur bearing and coyote hunts.
I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks. and have enjoyed hunting close to the house this year. Here is to the nice rancher :drinkers:for taking the time to fill out the paper work and letting me hunt his property :drinkers:

1111117.jpg

You are not allowed to hunt with rifles?

South Carolina allows rifles. I use a .270 Browning Safari with the BOSS system and do really well with it.

One thing is for sure the deer didn't know you was there. You're getting closer.

No mullinax95 shot gun only in my zone for deer "zone 4" .:-(
I think I could have dropped one or two with that fine gun.
I will get more time out there with my ss1 22mag know that deer season is over. I am ready for some snow and get me a cat that I have seen and tracked.:salute:
rabbits and squirrel will be on my next cooking thread with some home made dumpling :blob:

Mike, Hope you have better luck with the cat.
By the way, that's a nice cat mount you have. I'm suprised with the diversity of this group, and interest in hunting, that no one has posted a taxidermy thread.
Good luck with your hunting, Tim.

Mike, Hope you have better luck with the cat.
By the way, that's a nice cat mount you have. I'm suprised with the diversity of this group, and interest in hunting, that no one has posted a taxidermy thread.
Good luck with your hunting, Tim.

Thanks Tim!!
And I agree, You sould maybe start a new thread asking to see our members
mounts
glad you are enjoying this great site and hanging around.:hello2:

-
Back