Hunting lately

-
Went for a walk along the fence lines to day with my new varmint gun.
Found some fresh tracks and stayed with them.
I was out in the open and just a cool breeze at 43 deg and partly sunny.
After about a two mile walk halfway around this big pasture I toped a slope carefully and slowly I looked through my binoculars over the ridge.
There they was 5 does all alone.
I stayed by the brush and watched them feeding for about 15 min.
Then I looked up and they where gone, back into the woods.
They where about 1/4 mile away, Something scarred them off.
So I started looking around the area and just as I started walking again.
there he was he stepped out and I stood still and watched this young buck
no more then a 4 point sniff and scratch then headed into the woods.
We have a 3 day gun hunt here 26th to 28th this mounth.
I am thinking I know where the does are and by the time the 26th come's
our bucks will be in rut. I then turned around and headed back the way I came and seen where another dear has passed behind me.Or I just missed these tracks on my why in. My scope did a good job and the dear where moving a bit. I was looking for bob cat tracks and runs and just wanted to carry my gun out in the environment and check my scope out on my new 22 win mag sportster NEF rifle, illegal for dear,but just right for that yotey. When I got close to the house about a mile and a 1/2 I had to find a target to check it out. Shot into a levy at 50 yard at a white rockabout the size of quarter and drilled it into the soil. scope stayed in after carrying it and shooting it the day befor.

Now I need to make sure my slug junker is still shooting strait.
This property is posted and I have a peace of paper my rancher neighbor
gave me so I will be the only man out there when everyone ells will be running them to me where they are usually safe.

bob77 006.jpg

bob77 007.jpg

bob77 011.jpg

bob77 012.jpg

bob77 013.jpg

bob77 015.jpg

His property goes as far as you can see!! And there are allot of thick woods
around it. The fresh air, and spotting a group of doe mad my day,
getting out of the house for a good one.

Thank you Mr rancher.:salute:

No hunting yet, but last night I recieved my canadian permit to buy and posess longarms. Today I just bought a Remmington 870, I am going to put a12.5" barrel on it for hiking.

busted knuckles,

If you put a 12.5 inch barrel on that 870, don't bring it to Canada. There is an 18 inch minimum barrel length law up here and it will be confiscated.

Mike,

That is a very nice looking piece of property you get to hunt on. There must be a monster buck on it somewhere.

Jack

Bowhunted 1st week of Nov.in southern Ontario,took 2 10 point bucks first 2 days of the hunt . Have been out every weekend after that trying for a third.Seeing lots but no shooters,maybe will have to take a nice fat doe before the seasons over(Dec 31/07) to fill my last tag.Cheers

07 deer 007.jpg

07 deer 021.jpg

Yes sir skip!=D> I bet that big buck as dun its part out there.
nice job and patients to fool a mature buck.:wav:
Congratulations to ya.:thumbrig:

Thanks for that guys,getting a few days off at Xmas so I will let you now how the last 2 wks go but with all the snow we just got will have to snow shoe to my stands.Can always work on the Dart.

Nice.... You just saved the lives of how many other animals ; Deer, rabbits, birds , etc.... Bet the PETA lovers don't think about that...:salute:

geese were really flying this morning. always go the morning before christmas. happy hunting

Well I finally shot a pretty good buck with my bow !!!!! After about seven years of hunting with it shooting little bucks and several does and missing some good ones and just pure dee screwing up at times . ( Bow hunting is tough .) I had a nice 8 point come by this evening about 4:30 made a good shot on him and I am pumped ... Will post some pics tomorrow....:toothy7:

Congratulations SleeperScamp.:thumblef:
You should be pumped:notworth:

Gun season opened today here in northeast Arkansas.
We have had a full moon and clear skies at night.
My sun and I went out this morning and seen nothing.
The dear are moving at night, But that will change.
It started raining about 4 pm and the cloudy and rainy night will maybe help.
No hunters in the woods because of work so the evening will be better.
My computer has been down but I did get some tracking time in last week.
Plenty of dear tracks and also this one.

meken 0066.jpg

dec cat2.jpg

Gun season opened today here in northeast Arkansas.
We have had a full moon and clear skies at night.
My sun and I went out this morning and seen nothing.
The dear are moving at night, But that will change.
It started raining about 4 pm and the cloudy and rainy night will maybe help.
No hunters in the woods because of work so the evening will be better.
My computer has been down but I did get some tracking time in last week.
Plenty of dear tracks and also this one.

Is that you Mike in the picture or your son?

Bow hunting is a art. Everything has to be just right. I have tried it a few times and it is harder than it looks. I stuck one but could never find it and I waited hours before I searched....lost the trail. I have missed a few also but I wasn't going to say that.:-#

Nice one!

Thanks... Yes bow hunting is tough.... If you don't believe it just give it a try. If anybody tells me they have never missed one or has never lost one, well they just have not shot at many........If any... Or they like to lie !!!!

Wow !!! That is a nice 8 pointer from Texas.:thumblef:
A double congratulations SleeperScamp.:notworth:
That sure is a dark color buck , or is that the way they are down there??

Just a little cold! and I was looking for more cat tracks and my bro ken took a pic of this 50 year old Cherokee while I was busy.
There are dear tracks everywhere look real close at the cig pack picture.
Deer tracks everywhere. I want the cat just as bad.

bob 0044.jpg

Just a little cold! and I was looking for more cat tracks and my bro ken took a pic of this 50 year old Cherokee while I was busy.
There are dear tracks everywhere look real close at the cig pack picture.
Deer tracks everywhere. I want the cat just as bad.

Yeah I saw them earlier....do you hunt off the ground or in a tree? We use stands that we take in and then climb the tree.

Wow !!! That is a nice 8 pointer from Texas.:thumblef:
A double congratulations SleeperScamp.:notworth:
That sure is a dark color buck , or is that the way they are down there??

It was unusually dark " ghetto deer " ???? Has nothing to do with Texas I was just a few hundred yards from Arkansas...

I mostly hunt from the ground, But a tree stand can be best.
When dear season is over I have some brush areas all over that I can
see 1/2 mile from for Yots and critters from.

For the record this is on of my suns. I took this picture today at the old home place he is working on with his girl friend.

1111.jpg

111.jpg

-
Back