Hunting lately

-
Well my son Creed came back empty handed after a two day hunt.:sad11:
He came by the house and borrowed my knives and binoculars Friday.
They seen plenty of dear, But not a good shot.
I guess I will have to get one or three on our thanks giving hunt here on my hill.:toothy1:

The wiffy kept me busy this week end and spent time in the hosp with a aunt that broke here hip, She is home and doing GREAT!!!:D

We went to head back out the door and across the field where my son's tree stand is stood a nice 6 point...we watched it for a while to see its direction and then set up about a quarter mile away and with a little grunting and rattling got that buck within 40 yards but no good shot. No meat in the freezer but an exciting day start to finish. Look out turkeys here I come. One more week to put a wild bird on the Thanksgiving table.

Good luck Mike....

We went to head back out the door and across the field where my son's tree stand is stood a nice 6 point...we watched it for a while to see its direction and then set up about a quarter mile away and with a little grunting and rattling got that buck within 40 yards but no good shot. No meat in the freezer but an exciting day start to finish. Look out turkeys here I come. One more week to put a wild bird on the Thanksgiving table.

Good luck Mike....
Thanks GTGrinly!! I have three different rubs I have spotted and no one that I could tell are hunting this area yet. So I have got to make a decision which location will give me a good shot."12 gauge slug"
One that I have ruled out is the one with me facing east for a good shoot.
But the other two have the sun coming up behind my back and more shooting lanes. That reminds me !! I need to get a written note from the land owner to keep some of these game and fish boys off of me.
Good luck on the turkey hunt:salute:Hope the big bearded bird flops like a carp when you jump up to get him:blob:

Good luck Mike....

The only time we are allowed to hunt turkey in SC is the month of April. I havnt figured that out yet!

Took a walk today and took some pictures of the property around the house.
And see how my camera works when it is overcast.
Here is what the tree's look like this year at this time,and where I am hoping to fill the freezer..
The land owner lets me fish and hunt here, and keep an eye out for his cattle that are ready to have a calf.
The pic don't hardly let you see there runs, But they are there.:blob:

bob77 006.jpg

bob77 007.jpg

bob77 0088.jpg

bob77 0099.jpg

bob77 0188.jpg

Looks like a tree is on the big cattle man fence.
I will give him a call it sure has it stretched tight.

bob77 0055.jpg

Had a six or eight and a spike in the field by my shop this afternoon...along with 5 does...haven't made it after the turkeys yet, been starting work early this week my kid wants to leave Thursday for Michigan to visit his uncle so we need to get some stuff done. That's always the way..when I want to hunt there's work to do....
We get turkey season in the spring for a month and in the fall for a month. Spring is gobblers only, fall is either.

Dave

Took a walk today and took some pictures of the property around the house.
And see how my camera works when it is overcast.
Here is what the tree's look like this year at this time,and where I am hoping to fill the freezer..
The land owner lets me fish and hunt here, and keep an eye out for his cattle that are ready to have a calf.
The pic don't hardly let you see there runs, But they are there.:blob:

I hear ya!

I'd make that place a nice little hunting heaven.

I let 4 does walk Saturday because I got some meat and where I'm hunting it is hard on the body to get them out. But if it was a big buck now that would have been different.

Well Creed "my son"came and got my boat yesterday
and got it ready for the duck blind.

Here is the before and after.

boat7.jpg

bob777 0022.jpg

I will be adding to the paint job a little at a time if the weather permits.

Dad would be proud
to know his grandson used it to duck hunt in.:cry::toothy8:

It looks that way don't it!!
Now it looks like it should!! an old 36 year old boat.:salute:
Now my wife can not see if I am realy fishing or not.:drinkers:
You could spot that yellow boat a mile away.

Came up empty handed this morning.:pale:
Went out to my blind and sat for about two hours and watched a nice buck jump into the field I was watching, He ran strait toward me and sat down.
Two other doe's ran the fence line and jumped back in the the woods.
About 30 min later a man and a small young hunter in orange jumped the fence and walked toward the buck in the brush and I was hoping they would send him my way. They stopped and I herd them give a yell.
I was about two hundred yards away from there fence line and seen them throw him over the fence.:cry:
I stayed put for another two hours and seen nothing ells.
The weather was great 40 deg and sunny and watching that buck come toward me sure got me pumped.
Got home around 11:30 and got back to painting and then a cold one or two and burned some leaves. I will get one on our Christmas hunt.:thumblef:
I guess I will go get me some fresh crappie tomorrow and stick with fishing for a while.:toothy7:

Came up empty handed this morning.:pale:
Went out to my blind and sat for about two hours and watched a nice buck jump into the field I was watching, He ran strait toward me and sat down.
Two other doe's ran the fence line and jumped back in the the woods.
About 30 min later a man and a small young hunter in orange jumped the fence and walked toward the buck in the brush and I was hoping they would send him my way. They stopped and I herd them give a yell.
I was about two hundred yards away from there fence line and seen them throw him over the fence.:cry:
I stayed put for another two hours and seen nothing ells.
The weather was great 40 deg and sunny and watching that buck come toward me sure got me pumped.
Got home around 11:30 and got back to painting and then a cold one or two and burned some leaves. I will get one on our Christmas hunt.:thumblef:
I guess I will go get me some fresh crappie tomorrow and stick with fishing for a while.:toothy7:

I just got one question.......WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT THE BUCK WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE?

I just got one question.......WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT THE BUCK WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE?

Two hundred yards with a 12 ga slug. To Far

I think they shot the buck earlier and it jumped over the fence and died.
They did not shoot at it when they came in later, they must have been tracking the blood trail.

Cant stop laughing.:thumblef:

I got scared after sitting there hoping that
everyone could see me!!:dontknow:
I could see one hunter
then the two that shot the dear.
I had my orange on.:drinkers:

"Creed", that is a really cool name.

BTW, you guys are making me so jealous.

I used to live on a farm in western Pennsylvania with some of the most beautiful hardwood woods and farms, and some of the biggest, and most plentiful deer.

Now I am in the atlanta suburbs and I am still not used to having neighbors as I grew up with the closest neighbor about a half mile away and the woods backed right up to my house.

Sadly, I had to leave for greener pastures, well, most of the pastures here are being blacktopped and the area is way overdeveloped, but I had to do it to support five teenage daughters.
It's choking me out guys, I feel like a caged animal.

I gotta move up to the mountains and get the heck out of the Atlanta area.

Help!!!!!

Nah, I can't complain, I just really miss the country and it is a real big hassle to hunt lately, especially with the hunting land disappearing so fast, not to mention the leaky borders have brought a huge influx of illegals to this area, and the low income housing projects are popping up in record time in record numbers.

The last time I saw a deer in my immediate area was 1999, and that exact area is now a large apartment complex.

No! No! Not me!!:drinkers:

Creed.= A law that can not be added to or taken from "A Creed".
And I am a CCR fan too. "Credence Clearwater Revival"

Thanks cudaspaze His initials are J,C,S.

Know that is one fine buck!!!:thumrigh:
Ky. 10 pointer, And looks like he shot him in a perfect kill spot.
Congratulations to your brother, What caliber did he make his kill with?
Thanks for sharing a nice rack.:hello1:

-
Back