Hunting lately

-
Here's one for ya Mike, inline muzzleloader season opened yesterday, doe only, after seeing a nice 8 point buck at 7:30, the kid scored his first inline deer at 9am. We took up inlines about four years ago cause we hunt urban trapped deer. Been hunting the same spots for 27 years and the houses and commercial development are moving in on us.
And I'm with you on the scent Jack, I don't subscribe to scentless hunting.

Sounds like you had a good hunt, and the deer looks scrumptious.
I am feeling better know about this thread now.
Thanks for sharing guys.

:hello2:This area is in the shadow of Mt. Saint Helens it was amazing to see what the mud flows from the eruption.
Damn greendart72 That had to be amazing.
One day I will have to get out and do some traveling.:prayer:

This is the caribou my husband shot on Adak Island Alaska about 10 days ago.

IMG_0170a.jpg

IMG_0172a.jpg

This is the caribou my husband shot on Adak Island Alaska about 10 days ago.

So that is what they look like!!:hello2: I ate some caribou three years ago at a friends house that goes everywhere to hunt and it was very good.
The pelt sure is beautiful with all the colors.
I bet he was happy with his hunt.:bounce:

Hey Mike, Our moose season just got over here. I didn't get a permit this year...AGAIN!!!:banghead: I went up to my camp to close it for the season, and on the way up there, I saw this one in a potato field.
Our firearm deer season starts the last Saturday this month. I can't wait to get out opening morning, with my son, to look for "old acorn antlers". Hopefully I'll have some pics for you in a few weeks.
I didn't get a chance to go bear hunting this year, but soon I'll be picking up my last bear from the taxidermist. My wife says I have too many mounts already.:scratch: I had this one done lifesize, and now I need to build a place to put it. I guess my Dart Sport will get a new home after all, and a 2nd floor for my bear. There's always a method to my madness, even if it does pi$$ off the old lady.:thumrigh:
Good luck with your season, and with the 63. Later, Tim.

000_0090.jpg

Deer Hunting Does Not Start Till The First Monday Of November For Guns In Ontario.. I Am Ready To Go. Can't Wait. Fishing Has Been Great This Summer. Probably The Best I Have Ever Had For Big Fish. Heres Some Pics Of The Big Ones.

Nice muskies!! The lake I used to fish on has allowed spearing since about '82in the spring, and muskie/walleye population has never been the same since.

Tried baggin' this one last weekend, but struck out. [-o< They are faster than they look!

MyResima.jpg

Nice picture pinetree mopar!! :hello2:
Thanks for the post and that looks like a giant.:thumleft:

Sid is always good for a chuckle ah,:idea1:

Bow season for deer started here this past Saturday. I missed a really nice 8 pointer, but it was a pretty long shot and I didnt miss by much. Oh well. I have seen a ton of does and another couple of smallish bucks, but I only hunt for 8 point and up the first couple of weekends. After that I change my tune to "if its brown, its down". :grin:

Sid, I can't stop now, it's too much fun pi$$ing her off.:grin: Besides, if she's ragging on me, she's leaving someone else alone.:axe:

Do you guys think the girl a few posts up, is a sister to the one in Sweaty Betty's post?:downtown: I wonder what the bag limit is.

Tim

Just got back last week from 6 1/2 weeks of flyfishing in Montana and Wyoming.... I'm ready to go back again!

Actually I'm leaving next week for another couple of weeks of fishing in the Eastern Sierra's and then, in November or December beating up on steelhead somewhere on the west coast!

Hubby left again this morning for pheasant opener in SD (ND was last weekend) and will be gone 'til middle of next week.

At least he's having fun...

Our Bow season is going on right now, here's a nice buck my friends grandson got last week after school...first deer with a bow and he's 15.

NiceBuck.jpg

Hubby left again this morning for pheasant opener in SD (ND was last weekend) and will be gone 'til middle of next week.

At least he's having fun...
pheasant !! I have not had one in a long time.
The best eating bird in the would, I hope he has a good one LeAnne.:hello1:

Quote!!Our Bow season is going on right now, here's a nice buck my friends grandson got last week after school...first deer with a bow and he's 15.

Congratulations to the young man. He should be very proud.:color:

Quote!!Our Bow season is going on right now, here's a nice buck my friends grandson got last week after school...first deer with a bow and he's 15.

Congratulations to the young man. He should be very proud.:color:
That he is..... always like to see the kids get them, my grandson can't wait for the rifle season to start ...of course me too !!

That he is..... always like to see the kids get them, my grandson can't wait for the rifle season to start ...of course me too !!

Very cool!! You go grandpa :thumrigh:

I got my first deer with my bow after work today! It was even better because it was the first time I hunted out of the new ladder stand I got Sunday! I got a nice doe, no pics though, it was too warm and I had to get her to the processor quickly. It is good to have gotten one after the first 3 years of being unsuccessful with my bow! :toothy9:

I got my first deer with my bow after work today! It was even better because it was the first time I hunted out of the new ladder stand I got Sunday! I got a nice doe, no pics though, it was too warm and I had to get her to the processor quickly. It is good to have gotten one after the first 3 years of being unsuccessful with my bow! :toothy9:
Congratulations 1973Swinger!! The first one with a bow is special.
Now you can hunt down that big buck. Happy hunting sir.:mrgreen:

-
Back