Hurricane approaching Florida

-
Hey George... PM me when you Snowbird down.
Yeah .. north side of the storm has more rain a surge. It won't be pretty.
And ... Your driveway looks way better.
Went to Walmart after midnight .. total Zombie world, shelves empty and people walking around in a daze.

Sounds Good will do 70 Buster 340

Yeah this one is going to be nasty, nasty. Be safe.
Got a few things there at the property, if things get tore up real bad might be something to help you folks get by for a bit. Spare Car there too, small tow behind trailer, small generator, etc.
Let me know, got a few good neighbors there close by too.

Sounds Good will do 70 Buster 340

Yeah this one is going to be nasty, nasty. Be safe.
Got a few things there at the property, if things get tore up real bad might be something to help you folks get by for a bit. Spare Car there too, small tow behind trailer, small generator, etc.
Let me know, got a few good neighbors there close by too.
Not to often you see someone willing to go the extra mile to help someone, my hat is off to you sir.

I’ve never been near one and they seem pretty scary, be safe and prayers will be sent

We were supposed to leave for the Mopar Southern Classic, at Clay City, Ky on Thur. Looks like that is out. Even if we get lucky, and not have major damage/flooding, probably won't have power for at least many days. Can't Leave the generators unattended.

We were supposed to leave for the Mopar Southern Classic, at Clay City, Ky on Thur. Looks like that is out. Even if we get lucky, and not have major damage/flooding, probably won't have power for at least many days. Can't Leave the generators unattended.
Sorry to here your trip got screwed up, be safe.

The aftermath ... no power is miserable.
Week to 10 days is brutal.

Looks like the track now has it going up the middle of the state after making landfall.

The aftermath ... no power is miserable.
Week to 10 days is brutal.

Looks like the track now has it going up the middle of the state after making landfall.
Looks like the BBQ grill will be used lots hope you got enough propane.

Sorry to here your trip got screwed up, be safe.

It's disappointing. Hadn't worked on the car since last year, when the motor wouldn't run right (flat, no snap). Made a last minute decision to find/fix the problem. Friend had his motor seize up last month, and he wanted to go, also. We busted our butts, and in four days, had two running cars. Mine was a easy fix, once I found out I screwed up degreeing the cam at 121* instead of 104*. His was a spun rod bearing, so just swapped in another engine.

It's disappointing. Hadn't worked on the car since last year, when the motor wouldn't run right (flat, no snap). Made a last minute decision to find/fix the problem. Friend had his motor seize up last month, and he wanted to go, also. We busted our butts, and in four days, had two running cars. Mine was a easy fix, once I found out I screwed up degreeing the cam at 121* instead of 104*. His was a spun rod bearing, so just swapped in another engine.
That's even worse after all that work you did. I hope the storm turns another way but not looking good so far but keep us all informed please I think most of us are concerned.

Things are looking much better today. Storm might stay offshore. We may have dodged a bullet but these things like to 'wobble' and make the predictors look silly. Not out of the woods yet but way more optimistic.

This link should update itself and keep ya'll posted
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_grap...d+png/234045_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png
234045_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Thanks for the update. Just great news, that will help the whole state of Florida from being without power for a whole month, not to mention the major flooding.

Lots of people will feel better that they have a home to go back to.

The local news radio here is reporting that we are sending 500 employees from our Edison utility company down to Florida to help prepare and repair any damage from the hurricane...

They checked our future local forecast and kept some crew members here to take care of any issues in case we have any outages, but sent the ones that we can spare to help....

They are going to get there early to learn the Florida system so they can fix it properly if the need comes up...

I was doing some training in Melbourne at Patrick. Hauled *** back to Charleston on Friday. Damn thing is following me.....

I am not writing this thing off yet as of Sunday morning it's still moving to the west according to NOAA web site.

Brian

I just got a weather update and is now a category 5.

When I owned my own truck I ran for a flatbed outfit out of Louisville and we ran post hurricane supplies after those big storms in '04 and '05.

I hauled everything from bottled water to generators to roofing materials to repair parts.

I remember loading in Kansas City on a Friday afternoon with parts to repair the electrical generators in Vero Beach. Left KC about 9pm and got to Vero around sunrise Sunday...hammer down all the way.

That storm hit during the crab mating season and there were millions of dead crabs everywhere... they used a wheel loader to get them out of the powerhouse so I could unload.

During another storm I delivered around Palm Bay ahead of the blow but it caught up to me after I reloaded and I ran in torrential rain from JAX to Detroit. The wiper transmission on my Pete broke before I left FL and RainX saved my ***.

Best wishes to all down there...my BIL lives off I95 in Sorrento and three more in-laws have places around Melbourne.

-
Back