Hurricane approaching Florida

-
Those 5 Cats are going to make a mess somewhere. Take the women and children and Darts and get the heck outa Dodge. Be careful out there.

Now the most powerful Atlantic storm in recorded history. 180 +
mph winds. This thing is going to destroy northern Bahamas and may impact entire southeast. Stay safe Floridians and all others in cone of doom as I call it.
Pray this monster stays well off the eastern coast.

Has just made landfall in abaco area of Bahamas with 185 mph winds.
God speed & prayers. They are going to be wiped off the map.

cat4.jpg

Down to this now and veering to the north. They still look disgruntled, so they're not done yet.

Thanks for all the positive comments and prayers. Florida looks to be spared. My heart goes out to the Bahamas, not much can withstand that prolonged beating. A fast moving storm would have spared more. Were going to donate what we can. Overcast with some light rain and breezy down here in the SE corner. Not letting our guard down until it starts moving north though. Watching the track for our northern friends and hoping it stays off shore!

The wife and I were supposed to be in Myrtle Beach until the 9th. We battened down the hatches at our little tin condo, tied everything outside down, and burnt the road at 9 pm last night. All of the roads out were gridlocked yesterday morning when the evacuation alert came out on everybody's cell phone, so we just enjoyed a nice day at the beach and helped our neighbors prepare. Hardly any traffic at all, and we're back home in the NC mountains.

11:00 update just came in, its finally moving NW at 2 mph! Georgia is completely out of the cone. Hoping the good news continues.

11:00 update just came in, its finally moving NW at 2 mph! Georgia is completely out of the cone. Hoping the good news continues.
Thanks for keeping us updated even though I'm way up north I still care.

They just canceled the hurricane watch for our county and issue a tropical storm watch. It's just a little breezy outside. Hardly any rain. Which is good.

Florida East Coast gets spared again, Hurricane Dorian 100 miles off the coast.

One of the last ones that went by was 50 miles off the coast mid state, way way too close and did a slight jog out to sea at the very last minute. Lots of rain and winds, shingles coming off the roofs, fences getting blown down, houses staying in tact though.

Danger Zone . . .

Florida East Coast gets spared again, Hurricane Dorian 100 miles off the coast.

One of the last ones that went by was 50 miles off the coast mid state, way way too close and did a slight jog out to sea at the very last minute. Lots of rain and winds, shingles coming off the roofs, fences getting blown down, houses staying in tact though.

Danger Zone . . .
Good to here that.

Cocoa Beach Pier up the coast is looking pretty good right now. It is a little more protected by the point of land at Cape Canaveral where they launch the Rockets.

Daytona Beach is farther up the coast yet, they are still getting the big surf and rain as the hurricane is passing. They have been getting the bigger surf thoughout this whole event, probably cause they are more out in the open on the coast.

20190904_084005.jpg

Cocoa Beach

20190904_084226.jpg

Daytona Beach

Cocoa Beach Pier up the coast is looking pretty good right now. It is a little more protected by the point of land at Cape Canaveral where they launch the Rockets.

Daytona Beach is farther up the coast yet, they are still getting the big surf and rain as the hurricane is passing. They have been getting the bigger surf thoughout this whole event, probably cause they are more out in the open on the coast.

View attachment 1715389314
Cocoa Beach

View attachment 1715389316
Daytona Beach
Looks like a good fishing dock on a nice day.

Looks like a good fishing dock on a nice day.

Yes, packed with people fishing on a nice day. Great restaurant/bar right there, lots of surfing when the surf is up as the waves break good right there, nice swim beach. Great place to watch the Rocket Launches on the beach on the North side of the pier too, day or night.

Big tourist draw, nice place to go . . .

Thanks. I've thought about getting out when I retire but the wife's a hard sell, we'll see.
I retired 16 years ago and we moved down here from the Detroit area. Love it here. We had a couple of direct hits back in 2004 and survived. We learned that if they are coming, it's best to go visit family up north. And the weather forecasters give you plenty of warning that they are coming.

I retired 16 years ago and we moved down here from the Detroit area. Love it here. We had a couple of direct hits back in 2004 and survived. We learned that if they are coming, it's best to go visit family up north. And the weather forecasters give you plenty of warning that they are coming.
Definitely a good option. I've been here over 40 years and we're having more and stronger storms then I ever remember. Hope to have that flexibility in the future!

-
Back