Hurricane Fiona Direct Hit .

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
tonight and tomorrow 4 inches of rain the wind is starting NE than N then to NW 85 knots . i have 12 3/4 poly steel ropes holding my fishing boat . this looks like the worst one yet for us ever. The wind was just upgraded to 108 mph . gotta go and do some stuff .

tonight and tomorrow 4 inches of rain the wind is starting NE than N then to NW 85 knots . i have 12 3/4 poly steel ropes holding my fishing boat . this looks like the worst one yet for us ever. The wind was just upgraded to 108 mph . gotta go and do some stuff .
Yall be safe up there. Addin you to our prayer list, lobsterman.

Batten down the hatches

(I hope you know what that means, cause I'm not sure)

Weather channel says this thing is makin 50 foot waves in the Atlantic. I'd say that's no party.

As A Florida Cracker, that has done tree work after some big ones, and worked with guys that have done Andrew and Katrina, that's no Joke what RustyRatRod said. They are Brutal. And it's no fun trying to help under Martial Law, or without power. Also the body count rises after the first few days till about 2 weeks. After the Storm Surge subsides.. We may have a 3 coming right up our *** here in TampaBay Wed.. PRAYERS FER Y'ALL UP THERE!!!!!!! if you aint gonna be safe where Ya are, GTFO. Please. Nothing there is worth it

Lash it Down and be Safe!

As a Florida native, been through too many storms to count. Never got easier. Especially the post-storm humidity without power. Ugh

God speed, friends. Ya'll know what to do.

I hope and pray that you and everyone affected in your part of the world comes out of this okay.
Take care.

@Ironracer

You ready for Ian?

Predicted to be cat 3 when it hits basically right at Tampa.

Looks like a real close track to Charley back in 04.

That one was real bad for us. 3rd one within 5 miles of me, and then another within 10.

Today I am clearing "missiles" from the yard and porch, clearing a spot in the shop for my trailer, and lashing the dolly to a big tree.

Irma caused my dolly to uproot a smaller tree.

I got the 5K generator running at the beginning of the season, and have a back feed setup not quite ready to test. If we loose power I'll weigh completing that vs just using extension cords like last time.

Two 5 gal jugs of Zepherhills in the pantry and a lot of canned food, plus my charcoal grill. Catching rainwater in 5 gal buckets to flush toilets if necessary.
Lots of freezy packs in ref and freezer to prolong the "cooler effect". Plus some in ref at shop in case we lose power at the house and not at the shop which is half a mile away.

Irma took out our power for 3 days, but our water was out for almost 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Best wishes to all in the path!!!

Mother Nature's fury can -- and does -- change the course of lives.

Our kitchen after Katrina ... a couple days before the ceiling fell in.
Screenshot_20220924-112924_Samsung Internet.jpg

-
Back