Hurricane Ian

-
Al, congrats to you & Theresa! I knew the 2 of you could have it fixed in pretty short order. I see what you did with the new chair pic! :) You guys did a great job. How's the rest of the neighborhood coming?
Hey JD, the rest of the area is getting cleaned up pretty much. Still a lot of people without a house to live in. But all in all getting back to normal. Crowded with contractors and other workers that aren't usually on the Island.

Geico insurance has an operation going on here . On the boats they insured . Pulling them out and shredding them into mulch. Hundreds of them sitting in a farm field, up for auction or scrap.

20230325_165507.jpg

20230414_145837.jpg

Wow! :eek: I'd imagine that getting all of the sunken and abandoned boats recovered and disposed of will take a while. Probably no shortage of scrappers riding thru to pick up metal either.

Wow you two have done lots of work since we were there. It looks great!! BTW we tied the knot yesterday, Joe

Dang! I'm tired just looking at the difference and knowing the amount of work y'all had to do in order to get to this point. If you get grass to grow in the sand, please let me know the secret....lol. I've been trying to get decent grass in our little postage stamp sized yard in Myrtle Beach for 10 years. I'm just thankful for the weeds, cause if they weren't there, there'd be nothing green!

I know y'all are sad to leave such a beautiful place, but the PTSD you had to go thru from the storm is enough for one lifetime. Don't worry though, there's some place in the Franklin, Sylva, Bryson City area that has Al & Theresa written all over it! :)

6 months ago

View attachment 1716078485

Today !!!
View attachment 1716078488

View attachment 1716078489

View attachment 1716078490

Came a long way. It will be on the market Monday. Hopefully get up north some.

View attachment 1716078486
Looks great Al! You guys put in a lot of hard work.
We're still struggling to get a contractor to put a roof back on our place. Turns out we need structural work which requires general contractor and an engineer's approval and all we are getting is "we're too busy to help you". I was down there three weeks ago because I had to replace the blue tarp because it had shredded. Dealing with these contractors and Charlotte county gov't is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Looks great Al! You guys put in a lot of hard work.
We're still struggling to get a contractor to put a roof back on our place. Turns out we need structural work which requires general contractor and an engineer's approval and all we are getting is "we're too busy to help you". I was down there three weeks ago because I had to replace the blue tarp because it had shredded. Dealing with these contractors and Charlotte county gov't is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Hey Greg ! Sorry to hear all the bad news and luck on getting any help up there. Basically same story down here if you need to get a contractor or fly by nite workers. I've heard nothing but horror stories. Price gouging , half *** work, take your money and never come back. Be careful who you hire, and don't pay till you get something for it.

-
Back