HURRICANE PARTAAaaaaaa!!!

-
I see you are still online Treblig. What is your status there?
Well the Hurricane eye has just made landfall, the winds are around 100 MPH outside with big time "sideways" rain. Trees are breaking and falling. It sounds like a Hurricane (howling winds). The house shutters every now and then but I just came in from my back yard and I'm hoping the worst is about to end but then there's still the tornado treat....then all bets are off!!
The party is going great and we're all happy and ready for more....hope we're not disappointed...LOL>

treblig

Stay safe and praying for your safety !!!
I live south of austin and we got some rain today.
Wind is howling here and they predict up to 20 inches here....dug a ditch in front of my 1 car garage after work.
Been working on a ditch in front of my property since the Halloween flood here and finally got a culvert finished on the driveway.
I remember my youth in Houston and all the hurricanes....
Dam hit rockport,my favorite fishing place.
Hope the storm surge does not get you.
My prayers are with you and your family !

Have you tried the crown royal black? Better go get you some before the power goes out. I know i should say be careful out there in that hurricane.....but what fun would that be?

Stay safe and praying for you safety !!!
I live south of austin and we got some rain today.
Wind is howling here and they predict up to 20 inches here....dug a ditch in front of my 1 car garage after work.
Been working on a ditch in front of my property since the Halloween flood here and finally got a culvert finished on the driveway.
I remember my youth in Houston and all the hurricanes....
Dam hit rockport,my favorite fishing place.
Hope the storm surge does not get you.
My prayers are with you and your family !
Thanks for the prayers.. I've been digging trenches for 2 days to get the water away from the house so I know what you're talking about. Rockport is being devastated, collapsed buildings, trapped people, and worse, the responders can't help them until the Cat 3 winds die down.
No worries about storm surge at my house. i live a couple of blocks from the ocean but we have a 30 foot sea wall so the water just drains down to the ocean. The folks further inland get all the flooding because the water can't drain fast enough through the drainage system.
Still doing fine in Corpus but extremely intense winds and rain!!

Treblig

Praying for my friends in Texas. Hope the weather forecasters are wrong. Be safe.

Ouch! That's high!

I lived in Biloxi during Katrina. We lived about 1 mile from the beach, but we evacuated to South Carolina. Quite a mess to clean up!

Hope it all ends well for everyone.

Have you tried the crown royal black? Better go get you some before the power goes out. I know i should say be careful out there in that hurricane.....but what fun would that be?
No I haven't tried the black, but all the stores shut down last night so u can't buy anything anywhere in town. the cable and internet shut down halfway through this response so now I'm typing on my phone. winds r still howling with plenty of rain.
treblig

I went to grocery store here in Buda after work to get only dog food and the place was packed....
Saw all the water gone,milk,eggs....even half the dog food gone.

First category 4 hurricane to hit the texas coast since Carla in 1961 ...

No posts since last night. Power is probably out. Hope everyone is OK.

well....it's 5.30am, went out to get the paper and couldn't find my name in the obituaries, so i guess my family made it through the worst of it. went to bed at midnight with the winds howling and the rain and objects hitting the boarded windows, internet and cable out. can't wait for the sun to come up so i can asses the damages. 30 to 40 mph winds with rain but that's nothing at all. i guess i can put all my survival gear back in the cupboard:
treblig

had a fri
First category 4 hurricane to hit the texas coast since Carla in 1961 ...
a friend in buda asked us to come there for the hurricane...i told him, r u crazy, it's going to flood and there will be tornados up north of us, so we stayed here..,.no worries....it's only a cat 4.
5.45am
treblig

Last edited:
Apparently the rain is the next concern. Stay High & dry. The Cuda, also

I've been outside and down the block. lots of big trees down, lots of fences down. streets look fine besides lot of debris. my house , carport and garage are just fine. i built my carport using 800lb 16 ft telephone poles just in case we ever had a hurricane. i dug the holes 6ft deep then slid the poles down into the hole, thay are about 16 to 18 inch diameter. they passed the ultimate test!! i would post pics but my lg phone won't let me. the internet is down so no PC. treblig

had a fri

a friend in buda asked us to come there for the hurricane...i told him, r u crazy, it's going to flood and there will be tornados up north of us, so we stayed here..,.no worries....it's only a cat 4.
5.45am
treblig
Not bad here,only got 3 inches from midnight to now according to my rain gauge.east of us 5-7 inches reported...but you are right the flooding is beginning due to the non stop rain....
Hope you are past the worst of the weather there.
Martin

Not bad here,only got 3 inches from midnight to now according to my rain gauge.east of us 5-7 inches reported...but you are right the flooding is beginning due to the non stop rain....
Hope you are past the worst of the weather there.
Martin
yea, I'm sure we are. all we might get now r wimpy thunderstorms and windy condition....piece of cake.
treblig

Glad to hear you got thru it!
I fixing to go check out my shop to see how it is....
Ever one need to gas up because fuel prices will be up,refineries are closed for now.I fueled up yesterday lol.

Stay safe and keep the Crown flowin'!

Prayers and positive thoughts to all in the great country of Texas!

Didn't the hurricane get the memo?

"YOU DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!"
" Sooners are the only ones that can mess w/ texas !".. Hope the best for all of u down there, the news up here said they have already ahs 160mph winds somewhere down there.

its pretty crazy down here in corpus christi. there's very little gas if the station is open?? 95 percent of the restaurants are closed. most of the city has no power. the grocery store shevles r mostly bare. when u go the grocery store u have to deal with semi desperate people.
treblig

glad you are safe man..H-Town is gonna be under water before it's all said and done.

Yell if we can help.

Bruce

-
Back