Hurricanes & Gas Prices

-

71produster

Reaction score
You know a few years ago hurricanes didn't impact gas prices like they do now!!
WTF?? Why??$'00.40 cents in a few hours time!!
Did Ike jack your prices as well ?

YES!!!!!! Yesterday it was 3.34 a gallon and I went and got 2 gallons for the lawn mower and it is $4.56 a gallon.
I was going to start a rant thread on this and did not get to it.
I am ready to yank the pockets off the money grabbers of this country:naka:

There are towns with in 30 miles of me that say the gas is over $5 a gallon.
I think I will be staying home and stocking up on fish, and beer.
The grass can grow and feed the grass hopers at the old home place.

I was gonna post a rant thread too. It seems like any storm headed for the Gulf is a reason to raise prices now. I'm so sick of this crap. The price of a barrel is way down. They can kiss my :bootysha:

What I heard was Hugo Chavez (or whatever his name is) was bitching about the U.S. again. He disrupts the OPEC meetings all the time. Anyways, the Saudis walked out, but guaranteed enough oil for everybody.

My hats off to the Saudis that took there toys and walked out on the OPEC Cartel! OPEC is the devil....

Holding steady in the $3.30 - $3.40 range here and Sunoco/CAM2 purple is a rock at $7.25.

Last nite gas was $1.23 today it was $1.36(per liter)OUCH!!!!!:munky2:

We've been paying $1.36/litre for quite awhile now, its been up as high as $1.45/litre on the west coast.:munky2::munky2: I think us north americans are lucky compared to our Mopar friends across the ocean in the UK and Europe.

ya, we went up to $1.46 yesterday, and we have our own gas refinery...guess that storm must be a big 1...considering canada is the largest supplier of oil to the us...this does'nt make any sense to me

I think us north americans are lucky compared to our Mopar friends across the ocean in the UK and Europe.

No doubt about it. In Zurich, we are running 1.83 - 1.95 Swiss Francs per liter when $1.00 = 1.13 Swiss Francs. That's $6.13 per gallon. I can't wait to pay $4.00 a gallon.

Gas here is still 3.91 a gallon but 20min. noth of here it's 4.65 and 40min. west it's 5.13. It's just a matter of time. Filled both our daily drives up yesterday.

Some stations are GOUGING..............seems they just never learn...........

There is a task force here to report gouging, and it sounds like it's what we ought to do..........Enough of this bull.............

It takes 2 weeks minimum for an increase to get through the supply line.......When they raise the price due to speculation, it's gouging.........Most states have laws prohibiting the practice, but it's seldom enforced.

You guys have to take note of every station that does it, the price increases and details, and report them all to the state you're in.

We filled up our '66 Valiant, "Hester", just 2 days ago for $3.73 per gallon here in West Virginia. This morning it is $4.05 WTF??!!!

:blob6: :help:

One "independent" station in our town was charging $5.17 a gallon Friday. Most of the others were $3.69 - $4.29 a gallon. Many stations in our area were either out of gas or quickly getting that way by Friday night. Others were imposing a 10 gallon per customer limit.

What to say? Lesse; $3.39 per Gal Monday 9/8 and $4.45 to $5.00 on Friday 9/12. Gov Purdue (GA) finaaly imposses the Gouging Statute Friday evening with the caveat " But no one to enforce it". We report to the state and......?

Later,
Bruce B.

I think for the most part, that this isn't the doing of OPEC. Not to say OPEC isn't a bunch of greedy money whores, but the real culprit here is the gas station owners that filled their tanks a week ago, but are jacking up the prices by the hour on the same gas that was delivered a week ago!! A bunch of dirty rotten SOB's!!!!

Matt B.

I had a parts speculator call me last night and since Ike hit,the loss of original mopar parts is huge----he told me I need to put a price on my original 70 Cuda grille of $25000:-D

You know a few years ago hurricanes didn't impact gas prices like they do now!!
WTF?? Why??$'00.40 cents in a few hours time!!
Did Ike jack your prices as well ?
$3.63/gallon is SoCal when I filled my bike today. Resorted to 2-wheels instead of my V10 Ram truck ever since it hit $4/gallon. More fun too!

I had a parts speculator call me last night and since Ike hit,the loss of original mopar parts is huge----he told me I need to put a price on my original 70 Cuda grille of $25000:-D
Never even thought of that! Wonder how Texas Acres came through Ike? All those parts may be Arkansas now!

It was $3.57 here the night before Ike made landfall... the next morning it was $3.99.

When Katrina was around, prices jumped 50 cents over night from $2.799 before to $3.399 after.

Our gas was 4.09 Friday. Don't know what it is now. Our governor said Thursday that their will be no price gouging but I don't see how they can do anything about it. One of our local news stations caught a store with 4.89 gas for sale. The news station asked why it was so high and they said "Oh that's a mistake!" Then they went out and took the four down and replaced it with a three. After several hours the news station said that the gas station had put the four back up.

-
Back