Hurst lighting rods

-

hardcore5657

Reaction score
Does anyone no if they will work in my 360 73" duster it has a 727 trans. If so how hard are they to hook up?

From what I remember thelighting rods wrer made for gm trans.When I had an auto in my car I wanted them to. Mark

One of the koolest automatic shifters ever made,IMO !!!

:blob: Came from the factory in the '84-87 (?)Olds Cutlass HO/ 442's !!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HURST-LIGHT...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Wrong years - came in '83 - '84 Hurst Olds. I had an '83 and loved the Lightning Rod shifter setup.
I described them as a "Poor Man's Lenco" - 3 shifter rods, each with a ball and pushbutton on top. Depress the button and pull each one back while stopped and you're locked in Low. Working from right to left, push down the button and push the far right shifter forward and you shift from Low to Second; move to the next lever, push the button down and push shifter forward and you shift from Low to Drive; move to the last lever, push the button down and push one notch forward and you shift from Drive to OD.
Or you can just leave it in OD and it works like a regular automatic trans.
Neat.

Lightning rods were made on the hurst olds my dad owns one they were built on the same idea as a Lenco clutchless manual transmission. So no they will not work on mopar transmissions.

oh i was thinking lights due to spelling. Seems I remember lightening rods now.

Thats what makes this site wonderful,you don,t have to be a rocket scientist or a spelling bee champ to understand car guys.
oh i was thinking lights due to spelling. Seems I remember lightening rods now.

-
Back