Hyper Pak Intake with 350cfm 2bbl To much for a 225 Street Slant Six?

-
You could always run a super 6 intake, and run a holley 350, or 500 2 bbl on it.I may have an extra super 6, depends on what I do to the 64 I am getting.
Andrew/Kidd

Don't do it. Unless you are doing motor work, head,compression,cam, header it is to much. Just get a stock super six 2 barrel setup and it work work the best. Header or stock exhaust.

Did I read 13 years old correctly? Dudes if that is correct we should be raving on this kid. Most kids his age would think a hyperpak was a bundle of wild video games! What we should be doing is offering help in any way we can. Being on the far right coast,fifteen miles from the ocean in NC I'm a little far away but I'd love to have a kid like him(and dad) next door. If we have any info or spare parts that would help his cause we should dust them off and share. As for the hyperpak manifold. Go for it. It is a good start to bringing back some nostalgia to the car. I love the whole ram tuning thing. I'm wearing a original Ramchargers shirt right now with the "High and Mighty" on the back. One of,if not, the first ram tuned intakes and exhausts built. What I hear though is that they don't like low speeds because of fuel separation. Food for thought, EFI would clear up most of those problems. Newer manifolds may have the bosses for multipoint setups. Megasquirt has the kit to program it. Putting it together would take in some of the computer skills you are bound to be learning in school also. Get together a parts list. I feel sure some of the guys on here have some parts you might need. If I have something you need shipping would be your only expense. Good luck. Welcome to Ma Mopars family.

Im building a long ram EFI intake right now. Check it out: $50 intake flanges off Ebay, (the guy is cool) a $9 10' stick of 1.25 EMT for the runners (cut in 6 9" pieces,Hyper-pak length!) , and a 15"' piece of 4" EMT for the plenum. Bolt a 3.8 Ford Windstar TB to the front, blow off valve in the back and run megasquirt to 6 injectors right before the flanges. Should be fine as its a dry intake until the injectors. May be a little soft downlow but this isnt going to be a barnburner, just a head turner. Turbo to follow, much easier to turbo an EFI than a carb....

Where in So. Cal are you? Im in Tustin if you need a hand. Kinda hard to explain a "Car play date" with a 13yr old to the wife....;-)

Well my dad gave me my 1960 valiant that is in **** condition for my birthday he said i could fix it up. Currently it is on cinderblocks and doesn't run the interior is destroyed from 30 years of rat infestation and the body is rotting and someone painted over the original bluue with white. I am hoping by that before i get my liscence i can have the thing somewhat running. Bottom line im 13 i love cars and motors and i try to work on them i love anything classic and my dad collects old cars and restores them with me. I also am trying to restore my first classic motorcycle a 1982 Honda xr100. And my dad told me when i get my valiant running he will teach me how to drive going up and down our dirtroad. Like you, i sold my drumset for 300 bucks to start saving for parts on my car. its currently sitting in a locked metal box sitting under my bed xD

Best of luck with your project. When I was 15 I bought my 62 Valiant. Rebuilt the 225 and was cutting grass in the neighborhood driving my Valiant with the lawnmower in the trunk! Best $115 dollars I ever spent. If your dads 225 has been in the dirt you better get the head off and start soaking it with lube to get it unstuck. Don't try to turn it over till you get it lubed up!

Im building a long ram EFI intake right now. Check it out: $50 intake flanges off Ebay, (the guy is cool) a $9 10' stick of 1.25 EMT for the runners (cut in 6 9" pieces,Hyper-pak length!) , and a 15"' piece of 4" EMT for the plenum. Bolt a 3.8 Ford Windstar TB to the front, blow off valve in the back and run megasquirt to 6 injectors right before the flanges. Should be fine as its a dry intake until the injectors. May be a little soft downlow but this isnt going to be a barnburner, just a head turner. Turbo to follow, much easier to turbo an EFI than a carb....

Where in So. Cal are you? Im in Tustin if you need a hand. Kinda hard to explain a "Car play date" with a 13yr old to the wife....;-)

Who did you buy your flanges off of on ebay? I bought a set for the exhaust header I am building and after comparing to a gasket I have found that I am going to have to do some creative adjusting to be able to use them. I haven't contacted the seller about yet, but I will prolly send him a message just so that any future units might be correct. My bolts holes don't line up (1/2" off) and the opening for the port is too large so it does not overlap the gasket in 2 of the ports corners. It isn't that big a deal since I will be welding on these anyways and will just fill the corners in question, but it might be a very big deal if you are paying someone else to do it.

How about a simple pic.

Here's whats going back in my wife's car. 69 Bcuda vert

Original 225
Up-sized stainless valves
Port and polish
Mild cam
9:1 compression
Aussie speed long runner
holley 390
Headers
Mopar electronic ignition

Nuf said...cant wait to try it out.....Still working on the body.

Attachments

• 100_3865w.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_3866ws.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_3868w.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 273
Way to go.Nice to see youngin's interested in working with their hands and not just their thumbs.I got my first Valiant when I was 14.

I got mine when i was 17 not that long ago had it almost completed by 19 crashed it before i was 20 got it sum what straitened out and now 21 almost 22 trying to scrape up extra cash to throw at it again, hopefully in 10 years ill be able to take it all apart and give it to my son ,(hes 3 rite now n says "mopar or no car ")

How about a simple pic.

Here's whats going back in my wife's car. 69 Bcuda vert

Original 225
Up-sized stainless valves
Port and polish
Mild cam
9:1 compression
Aussie speed long runner
holley 390
Headers
Mopar electronic ignition

Nuf said...cant wait to try it out.....Still working on the body.

wow, your garage floor is nice! I bought my flanges off Ebay from Aaron the flange guy. He sent the 3 piece intake set but I bought the 5 piece, no prob but the connected 1-2 and 5-6 pieces have to have the tie piece on top as you cant remove the intake without removing the exhaust any other way, and I would have to grind the exhaust down a tad if I put them on the other way. Reason to buy the 5 piece. And dont get the 3/8 pickled and oiled cheaper ones, they wont fit your triangle washers. He sells streel and AL, steel better for exhaust and AL better for intake so you can weld like metals. My intake is steel so I bought steel.

Well more pics of your progress would be great. I am still uncertain what to do about exhaust. If I could buy flanges and a pipe bend kit I would go for it.....as long as I had a reference that is...

That's my office floor by the way...my garage is toooo dirty for this clean motor. :D

Mop

-
Back