Hyperpak Valiant

-

moparsquad

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined your forum. I'm working on my first A-body car. A 1960 Valiant Station Wagon V-100, I'm installing a 1961 aluminum block slant 6 with an original hyperpak setup, I'm missing the brackets for the intake and the throttle shaft. If anyone has pictures or diagrams of these brackets, let me know. I know the hyperpak setup is quite rare and have not found anyone with this setup on a car yet. I will try to post a picture of my car and the setup on my motor when i figure out how to do it. Moparsquad

Hey Jim, welcome aboard! When are you going to get that thing done? Here are some pics for you....

021f_1.jpg

62valcpe.jpg

Thanks Keith, pictures will help, still can't quite make out where the braces go from the intake. the rear of the manifold is bolted right to the exhaust but the front is where i'm not sure. the brace may go to the exhaust or maybe down to the block.

Hey Jim, welcome aboard! When are you going to get that thing done? Here are some pics for you....
Thanks, i was just going to install the motor and drive it but now i may tear it completely down and get the body redone this coming winter first.

Hey I am new here also, but I like what you are trying to do! I have been running my Hyper Pak in my 67 Barracuda for 20 years now. I made linkage with the cable stuff. I just bought a 62 Lancer wagon and I am moving my slant into the wagon. I can send pictures of what I did if you think it will help.

hey, that 1st pic looks just like my wagon, even the same color, have another project I've got to get done first. Will let you know when I get started. Jim.

Hey I am new here also, but I like what you are trying to do! I have been running my Hyper Pak in my 67 Barracuda for 20 years now. I made linkage with the cable stuff. I just bought a 62 Lancer wagon and I am moving my slant into the wagon. I can send pictures of what I did if you think it will help.
If you have the original exhaust for the hyperpak, I'm still looking for better pics of the brace that mounts to the front header and where it bolts to. Jim

Hey man, sorry to get back with you late. I have the manifolds but no brace. I made mine on the race motor out of aluminum tube and flatened the ends and drilled holes. That won't work on the lancer so I will make one from bar stock. The dyno photos don't show it too clear. The Marvin Daytona engine picture doesn't have a brace.

170_cu_in_plymouth_valiant_hyper-pak_slant_six.jpg

Marvin@Daytona2.jpg

-
Back