I’ll just leave this here…

-

vntned

Reaction score
Maybe this coffin can finally get nailed shut soon…

CB5E1384-B8CA-4450-87AA-0A9956F4D7EF.jpeg

Oh wait no it definitely works on a 318 with 3, 4 barrel carbs. Or a hemi with 18:1 compression, it works real good then. This test can’t be true or accurate because the air wasn’t 73 degrees and the dyno operator didn’t have spaghetti for dinner.

Oh wait no it definitely works on a 318 with 3, 4 barrel carbs. Or a hemi with 18:1 compression, it works real good then. This test can’t be true or accurate because the air wasn’t 73 degrees and the dyno operator didn’t have spaghetti for dinner.
Every excuse in the book will be thrown at them.

its a dead issue...who here would tear down their stock LA 318 to flip the pistons? you must have alot of time on your hands if yo'ud tear down a running and driving engine because of this BS...then what would ya do? pout a sticker on the window that says " my pistons are flipped.." :)

I've never worried too much about what my fellow man does with his car.... means I ain't pay'n and all... But this wasn't just one mans idea, old timers been doing it for a long time, right or wrong. It was in the old speed secret direct connection books. But none the less, I've never flipped my pistons, I've only flipped my lid !!

this 40 year old theory on reducing friction may have been out dated by todays better oils!! no body i know still using wolves head 30 weight!!!

I believed it worked I guess cause that’s what we were taught. I would think with the pin in the center like on forged pistons there is absolutely no gain. Kim

...who here would tear down their stock LA...you must have a lot of time on your hands if you'd tear down a running and driving engine...

Not for this reason, but there's a neat article from 1966 where Dick Landy took delivery of a '66 Dart GT 273 four barrel auto and the editor of Hot Rod took delivery of an identical car. First thing Landy did was tear the 273 down to blueprint. Turns out this (allegedly) Friday afternoon engine had 7 105 pistons and ONE 8.8...

After mods and tuning the two met to see which car was faster. If I remember correctly, Landy beat the editor by around a second in the 1/4 mile. I'll have to dig the mag out and scan it one of these days.

Not for this reason, but there's a neat article from 1966 where Dick Landy took delivery of a '66 Dart GT 273 four barrel auto and the editor of Hot Rod took delivery of an identical car. First thing Landy did was tear the 273 down to blueprint. Turns out this (allegedly) Friday afternoon engine had 7 105 pistons and ONE 8.8...

After mods and tuning the two met to see which car was faster. If I remember correctly, Landy beat the editor by around a second in the 1/4 mile. I'll have to dig the mag out and scan it one of these days.
yeah I am a fan of Dick Landy, I met him once at Carlisle, he was standing next to a hemi dart and I said, "man I bet that car hauls ***..." he said " yea I had alot of fun in it..." I am a fan of basically any of those pro stock 4 speed guys even Grumpy and he was a Chevy guy. But yes more info on Landy would be good for posterity.

-
Back