I’m a nut

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve been bitching for a couple weeks about being buried over here with work and a friend of a customer drove his beautiful orange 1972 duster the over 200 mile trip from Columbus Ohio to Freeport Pa to pick up a set of ported Edelbrock heads. After he paid me we bs’d like Mopar guys do and next thing you know he’s unloading a set of Indy LAX h ads for me to do a valve job on, flow, probably set up with new springs, and go from there. Not only did I say I was done for awhile but I took on a set of cast iron heads. I’m not right in the head.

D9389E92-A46F-44FD-9829-BA2C2F86964F.jpeg

89F88DF1-79AB-4C95-9BE5-EF096FAE7107.jpeg

I’ve been bitching for a couple weeks about being buried over here with work and a friend of a customer drove his beautiful orange 1972 duster the over 200 mile trip from Columbus Ohio to Freeport Pa to pick up a set of ported Edelbrock heads. After he paid me we bs’d like Mopar guys do and next thing you know he’s unloading a set of Indy LAX h ads for me to do a valve job on, flow, probably set up with new springs, and go from there. Not only did I say I was done for awhile but I took on a set of cast iron heads. I’m not right in the head.

View attachment 1716059381

View attachment 1716059382
Oh but those will be fun.

If you still enjoy your work, do it. Just make sure to take care of yourself. 65'

The Indy X Iron heads have never made much power for
me. I will be curious to see how you do.

The Indy X Iron heads have never made much power for
me. I will be curious to see how you do.

Sure feels like a nice short turn with my finger. No porting work for now but it will be interesting checking them out. Very bad divot on the back side of the bowl.

Glutton for punishment maybe, not a nut. lol

Well starting tomorrow after I get an intake shipped off we will be seeing before and after numbers of a stock RPM and Victor340 on a TrickFlow head. I pretty much know where the Victor340 will end up but the RPM will be interesting. That’s this weeks project then back on a set of Speedmaster heads.

cool, i ran the Indy LA-X for a while, sold them to get some lighter heads. In the end i miss these, pretty sure 10s would have been possible with them on my combination.

View attachment 1716059381

View attachment 1716059382
The best part is you are getting a wider collection of test data on your bench, for your own comparison. If I was closer I would try to get on your the list to add a set of brand new, completely unused, factory production Magnum heads to your array of test data, just so we have a benchmark.
I want to build a bench like yours with PTS plans but I probably won't get around to it. So thanks for sharing all these results with us when you do.

when your good at what do you, work tends to find you.

I’ve been very blessed with work being available. I at the recommendation of a Mopar friend bought two sets of LS heads to port during my slow times. He loves porting them and keeps them ready on a shelf and supplies a few shops with heads. I started on two ports one Sunday just to play a little but haven’t had time to touch them again. Maybe one of these days.

I’m very curious what you get out of them. They have recently become legal in FAST. I have zero interest in running them and frankly don’t feel that they should be legal, but it is not my sand box. I would also be pretty surprised if anyone ran them. Most of the guys like the challenge of the stock casting. Availability is also an issue. They haven’t been produced for three plus years and I called Indy and was told the tooling had been lost when they changed foundries and would need to be recreated to produce them again. Indy has no plan to produce them again. Very curious as to what you get even unported.

-
Back