I added another 69 Cuda to my collection today

-
I know where there is a really decent 340 formula S not advertised near me, which would put the car at about a 3 hr drive from Pittsburg.
Original paint car, all there, I have thought about buying it, but I already have too many.
Hey man you are totally wrong!!!!!! You can never have to many!!!!!!!! They don't eat!!!!!!!
OK so maybe you still need to eat!!! ha

Hey man you are totally wrong!!!!!! You can never have to many!!!!!!!! They don't eat!!!!!!!
OK so maybe you still need to eat!!! ha
I am on overload, vehicle wise, I have a 70 Cuda in my garage, another 70 Challenger in my other garage.
And a 46 Dodge truck I just bought, it is now sitting behind my barn, and another Duster that is sitting in front of my house.
That is not counting the done Jeeps and my Duster sitting in rented storage.
Just maintaining the battery's and starting all of them has become a chore, this hobby is starting to turn into alot of work.

I'm finding that it may make more sense just to buy entire cars now rather than individual parts.
That's what I do, then sell whatever I don't need. I have four parts cars for my four other cars. It's just cheaper in the long run to get that part you need, with the rest of the car attached. I got a whole car for $100 less than just a quarter panel that was cut off a car, der, no brainier.

LOL! .... i actually saw that ad on Facebook Marketplace in my "500 miles from Pittsburgh" search. as of yesterday, i think that package had been sold. that was a VERY good deal. i follow the parts market as well as the A-body cars and by my conservative calculation, this package was worth around $2400 if the parts were purchased separately. the price of $1500 for all of this together in one group was a deal, not to mention the difficulty and time in finding and assembling all these parts. it didn't surprise me to see this group sold quickly.
@carluch
The guy selling is a member on FABO. I just saw where he marked it sold

More pictures

i've been working on the blue Barracuda for some fun and diversion now that it's in the 20's here in Pittsburgh. if anyone is interested in the hood scoops, i am planning on removing them soon and listing them here on FABO. i'm not sure about these but i think these are the ones that came on the 72-74 Dusters? anyone know? oh, i had to post the pic of the broken back window. i have bad dreams about the back window getting broke in my cars. if any of you ever wondered what this window would look like if a tree trimer "accidently" dropped a tree limb on your fastback Barracuda, here you go. that's what happened to the blue car when the prior owner wasn't watching what the "tree guys" were doing close to his car. oh, the original 14" wheels/tires will be for sale as will be the 318 and torque flite.

21.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

4.jpg

19.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

i've been working on the blue Barracuda for some fun and diversion now that it's in the 20's here in Pittsburgh. if anyone is interested in the hood scoops, i am planning on removing them soon and listing them here on FABO. i'm not sure about these but i think these are the ones that came on the 72-74 Dusters? anyone know? oh, i had to post the pic of the broken back window. i have bad dreams about the back window getting broke in my cars. if any of you ever wondered what this window would look like if a tree trimer "accidently" dropped a tree limb on your fastback Barracuda, here you go. that's what happened to the blue car when the prior owner wasn't watching what the "tree guys" were doing close to his car. oh, the original 14" wheels/tires will be for sale as will be the 318 and torque flite.

View attachment 1715680157

View attachment 1715680158

View attachment 1715680159

View attachment 1715680160

View attachment 1715680161

View attachment 1715680163

View attachment 1715680166
Dusters had those scoops. So did some B bodys. And 70 Swingers. What shape are they in?

Dusters had those scoops. So did some B bodys. And 70 Swingers. What shape are they in?

high limegreen...

i'm removing these scoops from the car today and will list them for sale here on FABO maybe tonight. both scoops are in very nice condition with no cracks or excess holes. i'll list them in the for sale forum under Duster/B Body/Swinger hood scoops. thanks for the inquiry.

You can run the numbers that are cast in the underside of the scoops.

it didn't take long to sell the OEM scoops off of the Barracuda. i listed them on FABO and they were gone in one day. i sold them for $200.00 which i think was a good deal for the parts. the buyer was a well-known FABO guy who deals in a lot of parts. he was very happy to get these items. i will be listing more parts off this Barracuda in the coming weeks. thanks to FABO for a great place to sell and acquire rare parts for these great cars.

i picked up this gem last week off of facebook marketplace in a small town outside of chicago. the owner is a pastor of a small church and is actually delivering the car to me here in pittsburgh. this is the car that has the slant 6 that i have posted in a separate thread. depending upon the weather in chicago and pittsburgh, the car should be here in a couple of weeks. i bought this for a few specific parts, but i will be selling everything else i don't need. and yes, the price could not be passed up.

141669948_10220157397819798_603073921069387336_o.jpg

750 dollars in illinois.jpg

750 2.jpg

-
Back