I am dissappointed with summit racing...liars!

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Every time i call in a phone order they tell me that it will take 2 business days to get my parts, and then the very next day the part shows up on my doorstep...dangit! I wish they would quit jerking me around like this............:angry7:

Just kidding, man what great service, they always get my stuff to me next day in most cases.
probably because I live in Ga, but still, ya know.

i love that the summit store is down the street. I just jump in the car and 5 minutes later Im walking in the door.

Those lying b@$tards!!! I quit ordering parts from summit years ago when all their phone people couldn't speak english, even worse everyone I did talk too didn't even know what a freakin lug nut was.. Maybe their better now, dunno...

Summit usually has the parts the next day for me as well, as I live in cali, the closest one is the reno nv one...

I alked to one of the guys from upper management the other day and urged him to open up some smaller satellite stores.....like you know, right up the street from my house maybe. LOL.
I don't think it worked. ha, ha.

Those lying b@$tards!!! I quit ordering parts from summit years ago when all their phone people couldn't speak english, even worse everyone I did talk too didn't even know what a freakin lug nut was.. Maybe their better now, dunno...
That reminds me of my local Autozone.They should put on their nametags"Si Habla Espanol,pero no Habla Inglis"

Every time i call in a phone order they tell me that it will take 2 business days to get my parts, and then the very next day the part shows up on my doorstep...dangit! I wish they would quit jerking me around like this............:angry7:

Just kidding, man what great service, they always get my stuff to me next day in most cases.

I,d probably keep circling the block just to drool.

My buddy called jegs awhile back to check on some weld wheels, dumbass phone guy didn't have a clue what a weld wheel was...

My buddy called jegs awhile back to check on some weld wheels, dumbass phone guy didn't have a clue what a weld wheel was...

That's cause they only sell new wheels. why would anyone want some old, welded-up wheels? :snakeman:

I actually think Summit is one of the few companies I deal with that has their sh*t together. I live in CA and always seem to get my orders the next day. I've only had to wait when I ordered large, obscure parts that were obviously special order items. I've never spoken to anyone that had a funny, foreign accent when I call (I don't count you southeastern folks--you talk funny but at least I recognize you as Americans!).

I have placed a order with Summit in the evening and when I get home from work the next day the item is sitting on my door step! There is a Summit warehouse/store in GA where the parts come from so close to SC where I live is why it's like that. If I order something that the store in GA doesn't have it takes a day or so longer. I like buying from Summit whenever I can afford it... which is not that often. lol

YEAH!!! How is a guy suppose to take a day off, to work on his ride.... if the stuff comes early? Thats JUST WRONG!

Wish I had that problem...stuff sent to here takes time and $$$$

Aloha!

That's cause they only sell new wheels. why would anyone want some old, welded-up wheels? :snakeman:

You kinda sound like the guy he talked to, have you ever worked at jegs?? 8)

LOL. No, I never worked at Jeg's. I learned everything I know about cars from the experienced sales help at Pep Boys. :bootysha:

I've always had excellent service from Summit and generally I get stuff in about 2-3 days due to my location. I've never had an issue with "outsourced" phone help as of yet and I've been ordering from them for about 7 years.

The only time stuff gets delayed is when we have some massive snow in the mountains as most everything comes from the Sparks NV warehouse for me.

Summit did nothing but give my buddy the run around. He purchased a 502 crate motor for his 65 chevelle. Got everything done we put it in and fired it up. Noticed that there was a crack in the block right by the rear main seal. We then met with the regional rep for GM at a dealership to verify the crack. They wanted to swap all parts to another block and it would be free of charge for my buddy.He was furious. If you spend that much money on a motor and it comes cracked then you better give us a new motor. That just how it is. They then proceeded to give him the run around and finally agreed to give him a new motor a few weeks later. The motor came and we opened up the crate. The block was rusted, exhaust ports werent covered, intake was covered in oil and grease. We did not even take it out of the crate. Furiously we sent it back and hopefully 3rd time is a charm. So far so good. Everyone hears horror stories but never thinks it could happen to you. Such a big company like summit should stand behind there product and take responsibility, don't make the poor guy leave his car in his garage motorless during prime cruise night season for weeks! Well thats just my .02

When I saw the title of this thread I was shocked and couldn`t believe it.....then I read it and oh........yes Summit Racing rocks, they are one of the best!

Actually I find that Summit's people are usually very helpful. I get my stuff the next day as I live in Valencia, Pa. (close to Pittsburgh). If I can't wait until the next day I can drive there (in the company car....they pay for the gas LOL) and I can be there in about an hour and twenty minutes.

A big high five for my fav customer service rep Braxton ... he's always gone above and beyond! Though it's been awhile (uhhhhh like 6 years lol) since I ordered anything for my car, Summit has always come through with the right parts within a day or so.

But I'm thinking real hard about one of their Pypes exhaust setups. Ya'll hear Slimer calling me from the basement right??? "C'mon, I need to get out of the garage and breathe lady. Buy me some pipesssssss ...."

Maybe I'm just imagining it. :-D

They are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with....I almost always order from the internet...once or twice I have called them...more for a technical question....if they ship fedex home delivery I get my parts from Georgia to Texas in three days....even on Satudays...I love fedex to...UPS sucks

:munky2:pertaining to phone operators with a heavy accent, most companies will switch you to the U.S. , if you request that you need to speak with someone from the U.S. .

For me, the one thing bad about Summit, is that they are located in Ohio and I have to pay state tax.

:munky2:pertaining to phone operators with a heavy accent, most companies will switch you to the U.S. , if you request that you need to speak with someone from the U.S. .

For me, the one thing bad about Summit, is that they are located in Ohio and I have to pay state tax.

I have a heavy southern accent, people who talk plain english have a hard time understanding me, northern chicks dig it tho, why--- I dunno....

Just a bit of info on their store operations.

EVERYTHING is on camera, and I mean everything when you step into their store.

Ever get one of their internet surveys to find out how your in store shopping experience was???
Well if you complain, they WILL follow up on it, and look up the video tapes to verify your complaint and watch it exactly how it played out, then they will call you and thank you for helping them to better serve you in the future.

It seems like they really take customer service seriously and WILL follow up on every complaint so if you are a customer or an employee it is good to be on your best behavior in their store.
Glad they take customer service seriously, and it would be nice of other companies did as well.

Summit racing is the cats arse,i use them quite often and they ship fed-ex,which is great..they also sponser my favorite p.s. driver...:-D:-D

-
Back