I am in a world of S#&T

-
The real question is this: Which is in better shape, the `Vert or the wife? :-D

All kidding aside, man-up. Tell her it was too good to pass up and your making the Duster go bye-bye so all is fair. If that don't fly, cruise in the `Vert for wife #2..... 8)

After all, `Cuda rag tops ARE getting hard to find..... :toothy10:

I can see the look now.....

Pissed_Off_by_rdsullivan.jpg

.............so, what does the underside of 'Bandini Mountain' look like??????????

It`s been said already in this thread but I`ll repeat it. Chicks dig convertibles! I don`t think it`ll be that hard of a sell to the wife, just be straight with her. Everybody appreciates honesty.

They always told me "Forgivness is easier to get than permission". Quit freaking out. You're good to go. She got the ring because you love and appriciate her and if her love is reciprical then she will be happy for you on the car as you were on the ring. Boy, I'm glad we have that worked out now..........NEXT...Now serving # 53.....Please follow the yellow rubber line.

Before you tell her. Hide those guns you previously bought. Just messing with you.

If you can wait to pick up the Cuda until the Duster sells, that should eleviate some of her concerns.

Your screwed!

Just so happens my boss shared a story with me today right along the same subject. He told me that he and his son was coming back from playing golf and he decided to look for a car. They was in his son's car that the son really didn't like but drove it because dad bought it for him. My boss saw a brand new Mazda and his son fell in love with it. My boss said he really liked the car too. My boss said he called his wife and told her that they are fixing to trade in the old car and get the Mazda. She said "The car he has now is fine and we just can't afford it.... if you buy that car I'll be gone when you get home!" My boss says with a sigh "ok". After he hangs up the phone he looks at the car salesman and says "Write it up!". My boss said that she was fit to be tied when he and his son pulled up in that new car. He said it took about three months before she really got over it.

Good luck bro... I was at church one Sunday and the preacher was talking about marriage and such. He said that neither the husband or wife has the right to buy a car (or something expensive) without speaking to the other half first. I guess it doesn't matter if you piss them off just as long as you told them what you are going to do. LOL!

I have been with my wife 16 years.I buy what ever I want when ever I want.I told her straight up on our first date about my Mopar addiction and if she didn't like she could leave at anytime.She never says a word.Pretty good Woman.All my buddies are afraid of their wives.
Jim

I don't have any advice for ya but I'm going to watch with interest because I have a Duster and I want a Barracuda , I'm self employed and I've been married 30+ years . If it helps my wife was laughing while I read your post .

I have been with my wife 16 years.I buy what ever I want when ever I want.I told her straight up on our first date about my Mopar addiction and if she didn't like she could leave at anytime.She never says a word.Pretty good Woman.All my buddies are afraid of their wives.
Jim

Ah come on now Jim .... you don't have to lie to us. Usually the ones that say that are the ones that will jump straight out of their chair when their wife yells for them! LOL!

you could tell her what I told my wife when I bought the dart.

It will be something mild for her to cruise around in.

My truck she did not like driving around after the cam and the nitrous went in....worked for me, might work for you

No mullinax95 I am being honest.Sometimes she says I don't understand you or why are they always green.
When I was 15 I spent ever penny I had on my 1968 Coronet.My Mom would complain and be on my ***.Fed up I told my Mom, Well I could spend my money on pot like all my frienda do!!Well that shut my Mom up pretty much for ever.
My best friend is as much as a car guy as I am but he will not stand up to his wife at all.She will not let him do anything.He always said NO woman will ever tell me what to do.Well his first wife wore the pants.And now his 2nd wife now wears the pants not him.Pretty sad he is always so unhappy..
I just got lucky and have a good woman.I even got her going to shows with me.She always wants to drive when we go and I let her sometimes,well the Road Runner anyway.She as to drive the GTS and I said No way....
Jim

As long as there,s food on the table and the bills are paid,enjoy it.Just wondering what you recieved after 30 years of marriage?(diamond ring).It sounds like your old enough to make a good decision!Just hope the duster sells in these hard times.Good luck.

Tell her. If she loves you :love7: she'll forgive you. Might take 20 or 30 years and a lot of butt kissing but she'll come around.LOL :lol:
Good luck!

If you have been married for 30 years and never really done anything like this before, I would say that she will be majorly pi$$ed off but in the end, she is still going to love you. Muscle cars these days are almost investments. Main thing is, like some of our dads said to us in our younger years

"If you own up and tell the truth you only get one licken, but if you lie and I find out, your gonna get it twice as bad"

lol

I got it !Tell her the guy you bought it from just lost his job and has 5 children.You was going to wait until your car sold but just felt really bad for the guy..
Or you can be honest and tell her you just had to have it and you will sell your other car.
Jim

I believe I'll go sit by the window and watch the antelope play in the snow...
I'll take a picture for you'll to see..
I'm not telling her anything tonight.....

Sorry guys I should have moved my glass......

wisers1.jpg

I got it !Tell her the guy you bought it from just lost his job and has 5 children.You was going to wait until your car sold but just felt really bad for the guy..

Jim

Oh I like that one, a picture of the family would help too :-D

Jim

Sounds like me and my wife. When we started going together and she moved in, she was driving a mid 70's Nova. I told her that Chevies were not too welcome in Mopar country and she had to park it down at the end of the lower driveway (behind 3 or 4 Mopars of various persuasions. After about a month of this she asked what she could do to park closer to the house - my reply was get a Mopar! No problem - we found her a 70 Swinger - she could then park up next to the house (and she loved that car!). There are still faint black marks on the road in front of her mother's house where she would light 'em up! Since then I've bought 7 or 8 other cars always telling her after the done deed (like we have to drive up to NJ to pick up this Valiant convertible I won on eBay or we might have to fly out to CA to pick up this wagon I got off of eBay - had to transport that one). We've been together since 87 so something must be working. As someone else said it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Go ahead and tell her you did a crazy, irrational thing. What can she do? Kill you for enjoying a safe, family oriented hobby? I mean, it's not like you married a Hooker in a drug-fueled weekend at Las Vegas.....

But seriously, what kind of shape IS that Barracuda in? :-D

-
Back