I called the police

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
At 3 am this morning I woke up to the sound of two people ended up being two "Kids 15 and 17" walking though my property on the gravel :cwm10:, I jumped up out of bed grab my shot gun and seen them heading to the field I hunt and fish at, I pumped a shell in my 870 magnum wingmaster
They took off running and jumped the fence, The police was here in just under 5 minutes :scratch:and they said that they knew that two men was out woundering around and had two squad cars in the area looking for them.
I sleep with all my windows open this time of year when its 67 to 73 degress at night, The yong guns "Police" that came to my house stayed with me and said they have had 3 calls on a pair of males woundering around since 11pm last night and was looking for them. One of the young guns ask where my black dog was and I ask how he knew about him? Then he told me his name and I new his dad that has been here and helped me build my cottage and helped us do the foundation. He was the young boy here with Ronnie F.
A call on his shoulder raidio said they had them in custody, and the young gun told them to tell the boys they got close to getting buck shot sprayed at there butts, The new young guns was very nice and did there jobs and ask if I dicharged my gun. I said no all I did was pump one in the chamber and they took off like rabbits :salut:. I asked who they was and they said it was two known crack brats that will be held and and charged for trespassing and I could call this morning and get there names by giving them the squad cars numer and time of call. Time to get another set of eye's and ears here on the hill. :grommit:

Good for you Mike and thank goodness all is well by you. Sounds like the local law enforcement has your best interests in mind and good on them. Glad they got the little peckerheads too.

Getting another dog would be a good idea. :) Only if you're ready though... Might be a good idea to take a walk through the local shelter and see if any big old boys are looking for a new master. :grommit:

Of course you know I would suggest a Rottie or a German Shepherd. :p Even a big old mix (mutt) would do the trick.

Sorry to hear this Memike!Thank god they weren,t men and just young guys!When they,re out wondering at that time of night,they,re up to no good!Glad you kept your cool with the shotgun!Time for a new doggie for the hill?:thumrigh:

Glad nothing happened to you, your family or your property. We have had a rash of burglaries in my neighborhood recently. So far, the Good Lord has looked out for me!

Way to go Mike. I keep my weapons handy in the house also. When you live out in a spot with no close neighbours and the police aren't anywhere close, you need the Winchester Protection factor on your side. Now, get another big bone digger up there on the hill with you. :)

Glad everything worked out OK in the end Mike. In these days and times it can be a little nerve racking when something like that happens. Glad to hear you have decent cops too. It's always nice to see a young man grow up to be something.

I just got of the phone with the county and they are still in custody waiting to be picked up, They ask if I had anything stollen and if I needed a deputy come out and fill out a report and I said no I was wondering who they was.
They could not give out there names and said that older boy will be moved to Mississippi. Chelsy my three leggier frend will be on post for me, She was in brothers house last night, she hangs tight to me during the day and I will be talking to brother "Kutacando" about leaving her out at night if it is not stormy and raining. She is the queen of the hill here and enjoys my compony when everyone is gone to work, She know this is her home to.
Here she is on my front porch, She will not let any dog on the property and will do here part to watch our homes for know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%2520006.jpg

Way to go Mike. I keep my weapons handy in the house also. When you live out in a spot with no close neighbours and the police aren't anywhere close, you need the Winchester Protection factor on your side. Now, get another big bone digger up there on the hill with you. :)
I was surprised to see them as soon as I did Sid, But it turns out there was two young guns in trucks looking for them and the squad car could not have been more then a mile away. I keep my 3'' magnum 870 next to my bed room door that is just a arms reach from my computer.
with 3'' High loud duck shot in it, two in the holding chamber ready to get jacked in the barrel. My favorite light 20 gage shot gun.
I live on a dead end road and we don't get to much of this around here but times are changing and we need to take care of our property and families.
And I am the eyes and ears here.

Drag race day 074.jpg

Good choice Mike. I'm sure Chelsy will do her duty. :)
She is a sweet hart Joe, untile a stray dog shows up down the hill then she is a forse to recone with, she never has to fight it seems like she star's them down or runs them off.

I bet Brother "Kutacando slept straight through it.

I'm about the same Mike. Closest neighbours are 1/2 a mile in one direction and 1.5 miles in the other direction. Nice and quiet, but also a good target for nefarious characters. My old sid-by-side 2-eyed 20 guage and pump 12 guage are never far away. Of course, having 4 black Labs on guard duty usually keeps the miscreants at a distance. Hard to beat 4 legged protection backed up with double-ought buckshot. :)

I'm glad you and your's are okay, Mike. i'm also glad oklahoma has the "Stand your ground" Law on the books. I got my moms old Ithaca 16 ga. and a couple more.

Glad all was well Mike and the car didn't receive any damage. Low lifes like that need to be off our streets if they are not gonna contribute to society!

Glad no harm was done, little bastards are everywhere :cussing:

nice. good job. the infamous sound of a shotgun shell being loaded saves the day

Did you know that the sound of a pump action shotgun chambering a round is one of the universal instantly recognized sounds? That's why I like my little 20 gauge coach gun so well. If I'm going to the trouble of getting out of bed to see what's going on, I'm going to make some real noise, at least once. If that don't settle things I've still got a slug in the other barrel. Glad things worked out good for you and everybody's safe. Sounds like it's time to get another pair of eyes and ears on the hill.

Good for you Mike! I'm glad they got the little pricks. I am not in real favour of the shotgun though. I prefer my target never to move again so I use a .270 semi-auto with a .22 semi for back-up.

Jack

You beat me to it grumpus...there's nothing like the sound of a shotgun chambering a round in the middle of a dark night to make the bad guys take off running.

Our neighbor behind us (older and lives alone) asked me to leave Frankenstein outside as much as possible because when she was gone one day one of the other neighbors saw a guy walking through her back yard and jump the fence into our yard. We were both at work or else Frank would have gone apeshit, jumped the 4 foot fence and torn the guy a new one and if he didn't I would have run outside with a boomstick.
He was either casing houses or just jumping fences for a short cut.

Damn, there has been a lot of car prowling and houses get broken into around here as well. I feel really sorry for what ever idiot tries coming through my window or door. Between my brother and I we have about 30 guns. He keeps a fully loaded "Dirty Harry" 44 right by his bed. And I have a loaded German Sten machine gun by mine. So needless to say, you would really be bumbed out if you entered my house uninvited. Anyway, MEMIKE, I'm glad that your O.K. and that your family is O.K.

Glad all was well Mike and the car didn't receive any damage. Low lifes like that need to be off our streets if they are not gonna contribute to society!
I just got up from a nap, and I am hungry as a bear, They did not get close to Victoria, they was out buy my boat, walking along my fence line. I allready checked everything out and all is good bud.:thumrigh:

Glad no harm was done, little bastards are everywhere :cussing:
Well there is two that will be somewhere ells for awhile :laughing:

nice. good job. the infamous sound of a shotgun shell being loaded saves the day
It was loud and dark outside when I bumped a shell in the chamber :!:

Did you know that the sound of a pump action shotgun chambering a round is one of the universal instantly recognized sounds? That's why I like my little 20 gauge coach gun so well. If I'm going to the trouble of getting out of bed to see what's going on, I'm going to make some real noise, at least once. If that don't settle things I've still got a slug in the other barrel. Glad things worked out good for you and everybody's safe. Sounds like it's time to get another pair of eyes and ears on the hill.
I almost did pull the trigger, But they was haling as toward brothers house and I did not want to shake the kids up, I knew there was no where to go but over the fence and into the pasture where they was nabbed up on the next gravel road buy two unmarked trucks.
It was cool when I herd the radio say they have them in custody on cr736 road, The young policeman smiled and said that they are ours know :glasses2:

Good for you Mike! I'm glad they got the little pricks. I am not in real favour of the shotgun though. I prefer my target never to move again so I use a .270 semi-auto with a .22 semi for back-up.

Jack
to dark to see what or who it was with all the cloud cover and I did not want to shoot a couple kids, But I know what you mean Jack:p

You beat me to it grumpus...there's nothing like the sound of a shotgun chambering a round in the middle of a dark night to make the bad guys take off running.
It was louder then I thought it would be:laughing:

Our neighbor behind us (older and lives alone) asked me to leave Frankenstein outside as much as possible because when she was gone one day one of the other neighbors saw a guy walking through her back yard and jump the fence into our yard. We were both at work or else Frank would have gone apeshit, jumped the 4 foot fence and torn the guy a new one and if he didn't I would have run outside with a boomstick.
He was either casing houses or just jumping fences for a short cut.
Its good to have great neighbor's, But mine is about 100 yards away and brother is just 50 yards away. And he had his dogs in last night.
I am wondering what a boom stick is ? shot gun.

-
Back