I CAN’T DRIVE 145mph

-
Did you ever get her to hit 145?
Yes I finally got it worked out. My ECU was not seeing the tire size and I could not change the parameters in the transmission. I got a new to me ECU (used) and loaded it up. Had it tuned at a shop. Also my Diablo tuner needed an update and may have been the whole issue. Went to Big Bend went they closed part of the Park down in September and hit 147. I don’t know if I had anything left but did not want to try. Car handled very well. There was no wind at all. I tell you this you couldn’t have pulled a needle outa my *** with tractor.

Hit 145 in my70 Charger once.. and only once ! Things are going by really fast and that old car was starting to lift off ...lol

Have also exceeded the 150 mark in several modern cars (2017 NSX , Porsche 911 Turbo , GTR etc) and 1 motorcycle . Not as butt puckering in a supercar or Sportbike .

i've been 138 in my dart. That 5900rpm in overdrive.

Hit 145 in my70 Charger once.. and only once ! Things are going by really fast and that old car was starting to lift off ...lol

Have also exceeded the 150 mark in several modern cars (2017 NSX , Porsche 911 Turbo , GTR etc) and 1 motorcycle . Not as butt puckering in a supercar or Sportbike .

I miss my Triumph. :( That three cylinder was so smooth and had a LOT of power in it.
2002 Triumph Daytona 955i

(Not mine, but almost identical, my exhaust was Jardine).
upload_2021-1-6_15-24-36.jpeg

I hit 145 on my Aprilia Mille R. I'll tell you it was thumping hard at 145 and had more to go but it was fast enough for me.

023.JPG

I once had my '81 BMW 7-series (factory turbo with a few mods, 3.5 liter six running 15 psi boost, 3.45:1 gears with an OD 5th gear) up to 145 mph. It was still climbing briskly when I ran out of road and nerve. The wind noise was tremendous. But what decided me to lift was that I only had about three miles of empty interstate in front of me and I couldn't decide if that little dot in the distance was a car... possibly a state trooper! :eek:

For A-bodies, my 383 4-speed Valiant with 3.23 rear was up to 120 on an empty stretch of two-lane US 15 north of Leesburg VA about 35 years ago (now it's all townhouses and Starbucks and heavy traffic). I recall only 4700 rpm. The car had never gone that fast before (used to be a 318/auto) and suddenly a tornado of leaves and dirt blew into my face from the air vents. Not fun losing your vision at 120 mph! So I hung onto the wheel, lifted my foot and blinked my eyes clear. Finally got down to 70 and I could see again.

I don't do that stuff any more. Well, not if anyone's watching.
:lol:

I know what it takes to make old mopar iron run 150+ mph safely with great high speed stability for long periods of time so i would like to see pics of the 160 mph challenger. It's not easy.

The car had never gone that fast before (used to be a 318/auto) and suddenly a tornado of leaves and dirt blew into my face from the air vents. Not fun losing your vision at 120 mph! So I hung onto the wheel, lifted my foot and blinked my eyes clear. Finally got down to 70 and I could see again.
Same thing happened to me when I got my Duster. No one had ever used the air doors, so they blasted me big time. Not fun, but once clear it won't happen again!

I have a issue at the track when the high speed air hits the windshield wipers it pushes them up.

Something above 110 mph. Speedo not accurate and partially blocked by tach.

Tires are good. Goodyear eagle F1. Thanks.

All of this is pertinent information. If people have to ask questions you didn't provide enough information. We know nothing about the engine build, what's been done, I didn't see tire size, though I may have missed because I tuned it all out since so little information was given. Do you really want help?

-
Back