I can't understand why

-

scatpack340

Reaction score
I have noticed lately with the deaths of Ed McMacman, Farrah, Michael Jackson, and now Billy Mays there have been alot comments made on this forum. I can't understand why someone starts a post about a damaged rear bumper, broken shifter, bad body work, not being able to make their headers fit or something else that is insignificant in the grand scheme, but yet everyone gives serious comments. But, Something as serious as death, and the comments range from jokes to down right hurtful. I don't know these people that died personally obviuosly, but they all left parents, children, family and friends. I can't think of a more disrespectful thing to do than to speak ill of the dead. I am embarrased by some of these comments.

I agree with you totaly .There are some that wont help with answers but will critisize the people that give answers and wont give any help.There are people on this site that are old enough to remember the things that was done to cars before there was edelbeock.You made,barrowed,bought and tested to make your car run.The jokes! my dad allways said you have grone men and you have grone boys. Some boys need to stop and think just what they really are. Mark

Thank you for bringing this to light. I'm sure most people will agree we all have room for improvement on this subject.

I too, agree with you totally.
Let the people who passed away rest in peace.

Marc, I remember when Elvis died in '77 and you had the same feeling, so I know this is not a new feeling for you. I agree totally.

Marc, I remember when Elvis died in '77 and you had the same feeling, so I know this is not a new feeling for you. I agree totally.
Ok first I don't know what you mean with your comment.I was a elvis fan and liked him way more then Ed McMacman, Farrah, Michael Jackson Etc.It is not about person It's the respect of a dead person no matter who it is and no I wasn't running around making jokes when elvis died.Death is a hurtful thing and when I was growing up and thought about teasing dead people I would have got the you know slaped out of me.So I don't what your comment ment but I have a good idea.

I think you respect lives a little more than others when you have had to take a few in battle and see your fellow soldiers die right next to you.

Ok first I don't know what you mean with your comment.I was a elvis fan and liked him way more then Ed McMacman, Farrah, Michael Jackson Etc.It is not about person It's the respect of a dead person no matter who it is and no I wasn't running around making jokes when elvis died.Death is a hurtful thing and when I was growing up and thought about teasing dead people I would have got the you know slaped out of me.So I don't what your comment ment but I have a good idea.

Mark, I wasn't referring to you at all. Scatpack 340, (who's name is also Marc) and I have know eachother since the early '70's and I was just saying that I know that he has always felt that way. I even remembered when Elvis died, some people were making jokes about his weight, wardrobe and other things and Marc was really bothered by that.

Mark, I wasn't referring to you at all. Scatpack 340, (who's name is also Marc) and I have know eachother since the early '70's and I was just saying that I know that he has always felt that way. I even remembered when Elvis died, some people were making jokes about his weight, wardrobe and other things and Marc was really bothered by that.
I do understand. It's that some people try to make jokes no matter what.I hope you can except my apology.Mark

People die, it's a fact of life there is nothing you can do about it. Cars get damaged and can be fixed, there is something you can do about that(hence the serious comments about cars). Not everyone on earth cares if someone they don't know, never met or didn't care about dies. Not everyone on earth is a nice person, not everyone believes in "god", not everyone has the same outlook as you.
My opinion and outlook on things...

Fara = There were and are better looking women out there, I never met her, who cares.

Billy = Loud, annoying, glad I won't have to hear his voice again, never met him, who cares.

M.J. = .... Glad he is dead, one less chillymo on the planet, F him! Never met him, who cares!

Me when I die = I will be dead, life will continue for someone else that never met me, didn't know about me, and could care less and those that did know me I'm sure will eventually get over it.

People die, it's a fact of life there is nothing you can do about it. Cars get damaged and can be fixed, there is something you can do about that(hence the serious comments about cars). Not everyone on earth cares if someone they don't know, never met or didn't care about dies. Not everyone on earth is a nice person, not everyone believes in "god", not everyone has the same outlook as you.

Fara = There were and are better looking women out there, I never met her, who cares.

Billy = Loud, annoying, glad I won't have to hear his voice again, never met him, who cares.

M.J. = .... Glad he is dead, one less chillymo on the planet, F him! Never met him, who cares!

Me when I die = I will be dead, life will continue for someone else that never met me, didn't know about me, and could care less and those that did know me I'm sure will eventually get over it.

Agreed.

hahaha. i will care when you die 360scamp, even though your an idiot hahaha :cheers:
but seriously. who cares. none of us knew these people. and im tired of hearing about how sad everyone is that the plastic child molesting freak is dead. screw that guy.

To say "who cares" when someone die's just shows what kind of person you really are. Do you feel the same way about all the innocient people killed on September 11, 2001, just because you didn't know them? How about when you pass, we all line up to tell your family "who cares I didn't know him".
You must not care about all the service men and woman who died for your freedom because you didn't know them.
Even if you do not believe in God at least show some compassion for the families.
I feel sorry for any life you bring into this world.:angry7:

Thats a nice additude, I'm glad not everyone has the same one. Even though I didn't know them personally, I still feel a loss for their families. I lost family members and I know what they are feeling now. A little compassion is a nice thing...it shows caractor, maturaty and respect.

These threads are getting out of hand. There must be 10 of them floating around and Im ready to start deleting them to save myself the trouble of having to read 50 PM about how they are uncalled for.

Lets move on back to cars please.

I usaully don't weigh in on these types of threads, but there are some things that I think need to be said. People have to earn respect, you don't get it automaticly because of your lot in life. You can also lose any chance of getting respect by the way you live your life whether you are Joe Blow from down the street or a Celeb of some sort. For people that you don't know, never met, and didn't expose themselves to the world by being a celeb, then they get an automatic respect for the dead. To be a celeb means you foster a certian image and if this image is not of the acceptable mainstream then you don't deserve to get much if any respect. Was M.J. a great entertainer, yes. Was M.J. of questionable character, yes. Sorry, but people will judge him on the questionable character. Billy Mays, although a loud mouth pitchman never displayed any questionable character that I know of. Farrah Fawcet, was never my cup of tea looks wise, but I can never remember her being anything but a lady in public.
It all comes down to perception and if you foster an image that turns people off then you reap what you sow.

Jack

ps: Sorry Adam, that will be my only comment on it as I get tired of reading it to.

-
Back