I did something stupid

-
i spent 3500 plus fuel and stays in a hotel n eats . and got to see this wonderful country and meet some great folks on my journey to n from .

We rented a tow dolly 8 months ago. 40 bucks a day. U haul has single cab, regular trucks, just don't rent em both under your name. Screw their policies. Have someone pick up the dolly, hook it up around the corner, and do it, Brother!

i spent 3500 plus fuel and stays in a hotel n eats . and got to see this wonderful country and meet some great folks on my journey to n from .
I just can't do it even if I wanted to. (At this point, I really don't.) I can't get the time off work.

The 26' Uhaul jumbo hauler was ten grand. Trucks out of Cali are crazy.

Looks like Uhual won’t rent their pick up trucks for that trip for some reason but the dolly is only $500. A car trailer is $1000 for the trip. If you can get a rental pick up from somewhere else then you should be well under $5000.

We rented a tow dolly 8 months ago. 40 bucks a day. U haul has single cab, regular trucks, just don't rent em both under your name. Screw their policies. Have someone pick up the dolly, hook it up around the corner, and do it, Brother!
Fourth time: $5000+ just for the rental.

Looks like Uhual won’t rent their pick up trucks for that trip for some reason but the dolly is only $500. A car trailer is $1000 for the trip. If you can get a rental pick up from somewhere else then you should be well under $5000.
Nobody I've found rents pickups one way.

No, but I don't think he HAS the money. He sold because he needed it. I'm 100,000% willing to write it off because he needs the money and I forgot how stupid I am. That was money I'd budgeted for an A body. Since I'm not going to get one when this implodes, it's no big deal.
Well then that’s your call but I’ll be honest, you seem more to be looking to an excuse to NOT follow thru and go get the car. And it seems like there’s plenty of FABO members willing to assist , yet you just wanna write it off. I mean your decision. But I think you need to take a second and think about this more clearly. If you can’t get it, I’d find a place locally in Sacramento and store it, then list it for sale and recoup what you can.

You’re a fool to not find a member here who can get it and store it for a bit until you can get it.

If you paid 3k for that car you STOLE it. You could pay the 5k for transportation and still have a killer deal.

That car around here is 15k all damn day long.

Stop finding ways to NOT get it done and look for ways to get it done. I doubt you’ll find another at that price again.

You’re a fool to not find a member here who can get it and store it for a bit until you can get it.

If you paid 3k for that car you STOLE it. You could pay the 5k for transportation and still have a killer deal.

That car around here is 15k all damn day long.

Stop finding ways to NOT get it done and look for ways to get it done. I doubt you’ll find another at that price again.
Where are you located? I'll happily sell it to you for $10K. I wish I'd only paid $3K for it!

Last edited:
I’m about 3-1/2 hours away from Pine Grove... But I do have a car trailer and don’t mind picking the car up and storing it at my place until you figure out a way to get it to ya.

Personally I would spend the 500 for a one way ticket rent a car put the gears and ball joints in stay at a motel drive it home-but that is just what I do

Personally I would spend the 500 for a one way ticket rent a car put the gears and ball joints in stay at a motel drive it home-but that is just what I do
I can't get the time off work and will not fly commercially under any circumstances except 9n a coffin as baggage.

That's some old school, back in the day ****, right there!!!!!!! We used to do that kinda stuff. Have a few strange stories also...and some really cool ones!

Last edited:
You won't get me in one of those things, these days, and never did like em!
I have flown in all kinds of”coffins” but these commercial flights are just like sitting at home barking orders at the girlfriend!!!!

-
Back