I found out I have an Identical Twin.......

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I was driving through town the other day and spotted a girl driving a 66 Valiant, so I decided to follow her and I wanted to talk to her about her car (I never see ANY Valiant's here, never a 66) I was hoping she didn't think I was a creep but I was driving my 66 so she should be ok with me....here, after a few blocks of following her, she pulls into the driveway of my friends house...here it is his girlfriend driving! She told me they bought that car a couple weeks ago.....it is the same as my car except it has an automatic trans and a radio delete....everything else is identical!!! (Well, except for my modifications lol) I was speechless looking at this car....when these cars were brand new, there were only 2 options that were different, that's it!!!

Car has 18,000 miles, I think the sides have been repainted but car is super clean in and out, 170 slant six purrs like a kitten, car is like new. It was sold new in northern Minnesota and has no rust ever, trunk floor is perfect!!! Interior is like NOS (I want the front seat cover for mine lol)

My friend is a Mopar guy, but will probably sell it soon. He likes to hot rod his cars and he can't bring himself to change this car cause its too nice. I have more pics but I am having a hard time downloading them from my phone.

Holy cow that thing is nice. And it has a dash pad, unusual for valiants and barracudas. Very, very sweet Keith!

My friend lives a few minutes away from me and he came over the same night with the car to tease me with it LOL.....what are the odds?!?! :glasses7:

I will have to get the 2 cars together so I can take some cool pics of them together, funny cause his car brings back the memories of when my Valiant was bone stock many years ago lmao

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • scan0001val.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,058
Holy cow that thing is nice. And it has a dash pad, unusual for valiants and barracudas. Very, very sweet Keith!

Most Valiant's & Cuda's I have seen have the dash pads, infact, I have never seen a 66 without them, maybe it was standard in 66 to have one?

Its funny, I used to think my car was pretty nice and I know it needs some work, but this other Valiant makes mine look like it needs more work LMAO!!!

Are your rear quarters rusty? Its the first time I've noticed. My friend has a 66 barracuda with out a dash pad, and I had a 66 v100 post like yours for a short time also without the dash pad..

Are your rear quarters rusty? Its the first time I've noticed. My friend has a 66 barracuda with out a dash pad, and I had a 66 v100 post like yours for a short time also without the dash pad..

Yes, there is a little rust back there, but not real bad, especially for a MN car...I do have a pair of Cali rear lower quarters with the wheel opening from another FABO member...but Rick@Laysons might hook me up with some new ones.....the rear quarters are the only rusty spot left on my car.....:glasses7:

Factory with no pad? Wow, never seen one, would love to see a picture.

My car has 340 torsion bars and S/S rear springs with 15" wheels, funny how much higher my car sits over stock :D

Oh sweet. My wagon has a couple spots back there too, but it came from northern California originally.

:cheers: Wow!! looks like triplets to us on the interior and year :D

Very cool Keith, that is definitely one not to NOT MOD!! LOL Yer cars together look great.

BTW, thanks for helping Brent/w2-1969dart out!

Cool Pics Keith! Just shows there are some quality cars out there to be found. tmm (My Dart has rust in the lower 1/4's too)

I love it! You should buy it, then you could get "Jekyll" n "Hyde" license plates for them!

If you don't, hit me up when the time comes. If the circumstances are right of having the cash and space at that time, I might be interested.

This is too cool! What are the odds. Love seeing a car that clean. Makes me drool.

I agree...buy it when it comes up for sale!!

To the dash pad issue, if the car is not drilled for a dash pad, then I would assume that it never came with one. I would assume that a higher trim level car like a Barracuda would have one but may be an option on a lower trim level car!! Don't know for sure, but it would be nice to find out!! Geof

I don't think that it is a good idea to follow your buddy's girlfriend around, he may get a little upset.....

Just kidding, Keith.

That is a beautiful car, with amazingly low miles. Now you and your friend have something in common (besides chasing the same girl - ha, ha).

-
Back