i got a 360 with a 40 over bore.....

-

1mean7Ddart

Reaction score
i got a 360 with a 40 bore..... and cant seem to find the right head gaskets. Can i use 60'' bore gaskets on a 40'' bore? i have the MLS type of gaskets now and they leak water all over the place grrrrrr. dont like them at all... i looked on summit and mancini and nothin.... can someone show me the light....

Most gaskets are made with the largest possible bore for that type. In the LAs case it's 4.10 (4.04+.060). Some MLS ones are for smaller bores but I think you have to order them for a specific bore... More important is the surface finish. MLS gaskets take a very smooth surface on the heads and block or they will leak... Especially when cold and never run. Some shops don't even have the equipment to get them that smooth.

i got a 360 with a 40 bore..... and cant seem to find the right head gaskets. Can i use 60'' bore gaskets on a 40'' bore? i have the MLS type of gaskets now and they leak water all over the place grrrrrr. dont like them at all... i looked on summit and mancini and nothin.... can someone show me the light....

Hopefully I am not overlooking something, but YES you can use a 4.060 bore gasket on an 4.040 cyl bore

you can order cometic head gaskets for any bore ...just be prepared to pay for them...

as Moper says...most sbm head gaskets are based on the largest bore available...'

MR Gasket 1121 are 4.14 and .028 thick...which is the same gasket as the thick composite Mopar Performance gasket.

got a set of these on my Duster since 2005....has 10.6 to 1 compression with eddy heads.

I run Felpro on my .030 340. (4.07) Just off the shelf Felpro....My piston is a Ross 10.5 and my "X" heads have beed milled.070 and my block had to have
.050 off to square up the deck height. It isn't o ringed or nothing fancy like that.. I've not had the heads off since '03....Felpro is the best in my opinion.

Hopefully I am not overlooking something, but YES you can use a 4.060 bore gasket on an 4.040 cyl bore

a basic fel-pro 340/360 head gasket will work.. 360 =.040 over = 4.04 bore, same as a std 340, but the 360 has the longer stroke.

-
Back