I got a new driver

-

dodgefreak73

Reaction score
I picked up this 1985 Ram this week to replace my Neon. It's only got 130k km's , original paint, 318, auto, plus $1700 in work done since April 2010. It has a great body with only two small holes in the bed floor by the rear stake pockets, and a big dent in the left front fender where the ladies neighbor backed into it. I only paid $1500 for the truck as is, all I've had time to do so far is to check it for the certification (needs nothing) and painted the rims (they were rusty white spokes so I sandblasted them & went gold to match the stripe). I can't get it on the road for another week yet as I have to wait for the kid that bought my Neon to pick it up next weekend. I've only got a couple pics of it so far, but I do have lots of work planned changes for this truck over the next couple years.

Hey, that's a good lockin truck you got! Congrats to a great buy! It should be way safer too compare to the Neon.

Very nice truck =P~ and a great price :cheers:
Good job on the wheels, I bet you needed that truck wayyyy more then you needed that Neon.
I am going to look at a Ramcharger this Sunday for myself :cheers::cheers:

Nice looking and hard to believe its from the North country where you can hear rust eat at night.

LUCKY!!! It's too bad it's a 318 truck though, a slant would fit wonderfully between those fenders if it were about 8 years older.:toothy10:

Thanks everybody! I've had trucks before and yes lots of friends, it's funny how that works. The only reason I bought it was because I need more friends than the 2 or 3 that I have now, LOL. I've always liked this style of Ram I had a '77 Ram about 15 yrs ago and loved it. I also have great memories of my late cousin ridin around in the old Rams as he always had no less than 3 of them on the road, including his tow truck for the body shop. He was my role model for many years, I've really missed him the last 2yrs. I plan to do some kind of tribute to him on the truck (maybe a mural or ?) soon. I'll miss the Neon gas mileage but wtf you gotta live right? I feel I stole this truck as it is in such good shape and they are hard to find around here in decent shape. I was getting tired of dragging my *** on the road in the Neon and wanted to get something automatic so the wife can drive it when I need to fix her truck (she has a Ford Ranger). I think the truck will be good even with the extra friends (I'd rather move a fridge than play taxi driver) at least you can say you don't have room for everybody to ride in the cab. lol

Very nice truck =P~ and a great price :cheers:
Good job on the wheels, I bet you needed that truck wayyyy more then you needed that Neon.
I am going to look at a Ramcharger this Sunday for myself :cheers::cheers:
Thanks! Good luck with the Ramcharger! I've always wanted one but they are almost impossible to find up here that aren't completely rusted out.

Nice Ram. Now if it could only get the same gas mileage as the Neon, my 85Power Wagon really sucks!...gas.

-
Back