I got a strange phone call...

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
This has been eatin' at me all day.. I got a phone call at 3am this morning from an ex-girlfriend who now lives in Washington state.. We've been broke up for about 5 or 6 months now.. I tried being nice about the break up, she took it personally and acts like she doesnt even wanna be friends. Anyways, she calls me this morning and tells me her doctor thinks that she has Leukemia, then she tells me that she wants me to think about that... I really hope that she doesnt have Leukemia and I told her that on the phone.. Does anyone have any ideas why she might have called and told me to "think about that"???

Several possibilities:

-The doctor actually said that and she's freaking out and not acting rationally.

-The doctor actually said that and she's using it to hit you over the head, as though it's your fault, so you'll feel guilty and perhaps do her bidding -- whether that's taking care of her, giving her money, or whatever. Not acting rationally (or in an adult manner, either)

-The doctor didn't actually say any such thing and she's makin' it up to hit you over the head. See above.

(And yes, I have seen people falsely claim to have cancer, so even though I try always to assume good faith...)

probably re-evaluate why you broke up with her in the first place...she's just trying to make you feel guilty. She had probably been drinking since it was 3am....sympathy call....who knows...

At 3am? id think someone drank one too many then came up with this lie in an attempt to "get even" or make you feel bad.

It is not spread among humans, but it is spread throughout the body by the cells.
Leukemia is cancer of the white blood cells. Like other cancers it is not contagious. White blood cells help to fight infections, so obviously a person with Leukemia is unable to fight off infection. However, if caught in time it is one of the more curable cancers
I just thought this might shed some light on this for you GH.

probably re-evaluate why you broke up with her in the first place...she's just trying to make you feel guilty. She had probably been drinking since it was 3am....sympathy call....who knows...

She was sober.. First time we've talked since the break up... It was like 12 her time, 3am my time zone...

This has been eatin' at me all day.. I got a phone call at 3am this morning from an ex-girlfriend who now lives in Washington state.. We've been broke up for about 5 or 6 months now.. I tried being nice about the break up, she took it personally and acts like she doesnt even wanna be friends. Anyways, she calls me this morning and tells me her doctor thinks that she has Leukemia, then she tells me that she wants me to think about that... I really hope that she doesnt have Leukemia and I told her that on the phone.. Does anyone have any ideas why she might have called and told me to "think about that"???

console her..... call her and tell her she needs a new doctor. One that can tell her for sure if she has cancer and not one that "thinks" she has cancer. :read2:

Several possibilities:

-The doctor actually said that and she's freaking out and not acting rationally.

-The doctor actually said that and she's using it to hit you over the head, as though it's your fault, so you'll feel guilty and perhaps do her bidding -- whether that's taking care of her, giving her money, or whatever. Not acting rationally (or in an adult manner, either)

-The doctor didn't actually say any such thing and she's makin' it up to hit you over the head. See above.

(And yes, I have seen people falsely claim to have cancer, so even though I try always to assume good faith...)

I think Dan hit it right on the nail head :read2:

Like I said, I hope she doesnt have it.. But, she was a little out there mental wise, a very nice person, my nerves just couldnt handle the nutty part...

As far as whether or not it's true, that's really not the issue here. What she's trying to do is make you feel guilty for splitting up with her. She probably thinks you'll feel sorry for her & take her back. Don't fall for it.
An appropriate response would be" I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you can beat this. Take care of yourself & get better." If she's lying she'll know it didn't work. If she's telling the truth she'll know you're not coming back.

Since she is nutty it is hard to say her motives. Keep your distance, you owe her nothing. I know this sounds harsh but trust me you do not want to let a nutcase back into your life.

really? tell her you hope it eats her *** up and hang up the phone.

Since she is nutty it is hard to say her motives. Keep your distance, you owe her nothing. I know this sounds harsh but trust me you do not want to let a nutcase back into your life.
x2

I suggest getting as far away as you can, but you being in NC and she in WA you can't get much farther without moving to Haiti.

I hope she was lying, she had a brother that died young with it.. Thats the only contact we've had other than me sending her a text saying she left some of her stuff here and she tripped out like I was STALKING her... I've had some crazy and wild girlfriends, I know most of the warning signs, thats why I broke up with her, I'm gettin' to old for the nutty drama...

You said you wanted to remain friends, be her friend. If one of your buds called and told you that (minus the think about it part, of course), you'd talk to him about it. Talk to her about it. If she gets too nutty, politly reminder that's why you broke up and that's why you dip your toes in different oceans. Ask her what her motivation was for the call, no harm in that.

Why is it always you, Hornet? LOL, I'm one of the lucky guys who know why we chase insane women!!! I've caucht a few!

You said you wanted to remain friends, be her friend. If one of your buds called and told you that (minus the think about it part, of course), you'd talk to him about it. Talk to her about it. If she gets too nutty, politly reminder that's why you broke up and that's why you dip your toes in different oceans. Ask her what her motivation was for the call, no harm in that.

I wanted to remain friends, shes the one that did'nt.. Shes changed her cell number, email etc... This mornings call came in as a "private number" on my cell... She knows I don't fall for mind games, I guess I'm a little worried that she might be telling me the truth, she lived with me for about a year, I do care about her well being..

Several possibilities:

My thoughts exactly...

Several possibilities:

I agree with Dan.

Have a buddy answer the phone next time she calls and tell him to say that he is your new lover.
That should scare the ex away.

The conversation should have went like this:
"Hello. Who? Oh yeah. What? You have cancer? Golly sorry to hear about that, sounds to me like you got a problem. Well, good luck with that!" (click)

another crazy female just trying to get into your head man.
You show me a woman who wouldn't do some messed up stuff to a man and I'll show you a guy in a dress.

-
Back