i got my rampage today

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
Its falling a flood outside so i cant take pics of it right now.Of course,its not exactly what was advertised,but not as bad as what i expected.The original paint looks like an earl sheib job at best,lol.The roof has dents,and the galvanized bed has no paint at all in it.At least the interior is extremely nice,just needs a speaker cover on the drivers side door panel.

Back in 1983 I had a new Plymouth Scamp GT. It was the plymouth verrsion of the Rampage. to be honest to you, to this day, I've never seen another one of them. Very low production.

We like to refer to that as our waterfall background. Adds more character to the shot.

oh yea,the prob is standing in the mush currently known as my backyard.The water is running over my boots.I hope it dont get deep enough to get past the rockerpanels tonight,lol

thanks!Ive never owned a fwd mopar,so its all new to me.I always heard they were junk,had head gasket problems,etc.But i really like this body style,so im gonna find out for myself if there junk or not

I had a 1983 Rampage in 1990.Biggest piece of junk I ever owned.But I would like to have another to convert to a V8 or even a V6.....
Jim

Toby, Congrats on getting the Rampage.....8)

I had an 84 w/ a manual tranny for several years. I will look to see if I have any pics. It was a dark charcoal/red interior w/ a matching fiberglass shell and the rear window of the cab removed. It was a great little car and got really good gas mileage. Only problem I had was the timing belt went out, but at least no valves got bent. :happy8:

And when the rain quits, please post pics......LOL

The 2.2 was a good engine. All the crap bolted onto it was junk! Carburetors sucked, electronics were iffy. The engine would blow a head gasket until you replaced it with a better-than-factory one.

A Rampage would look badass with big wheel tubs and a V8.

Toby, Congrats on getting the Rampage.....8)

I had an 84 w/ a manual tranny for several years. I will look to see if I have any pics. It was a dark charcoal/red interior w/ a matching fiberglass shell and the rear window of the cab removed. It was a great little car and got really good gas mileage. Only problem I had was the timing belt went out, but at least no valves got bent. :happy8:

And when the rain quits, please post pics......LOL

Yeah, good point. I think the factory recommended replacement every 60K.

oh yea,the prob is standing in the mush currently known as my backyard.The water is running over my boots.I hope it dont get deep enough to get past the rockerpanels tonight,lol

Is that not better than 3 ft of snow?

I had an 83 or 84 Plymouth version of the Rampage - think it was called a Scamp. Had the cowl induction-looking hood scoop on it. I traded it even up for a 79 slant 6 Aspen 2 door coupe. The Aspen was a much better vehicle.

im sure there is good and bad to it.If it turns out to be a piece of crap,ill just suff a v8 in the bed,with a narrowed 8.75 i guess

I believe the Rampage was the same chassis and drivetrain as the Omni/Horizon if I'm remembering correctly. :-k

V8 in the bed would be neat to see.....8) A mini "Little Red Wagon"...LOL

Hey how about going 2.5 Turbo and keep some mileage.
You can get some donors really cheap, and would still make a quick ride.

mine has the cowl hood,and the fender scoops that look like trans am scoops or something.I wonder if an aftermarket holley carb like a 350 cfm would bolt on,and be easier to tune?

I just went out and played with it a little in the dark.I stuck the battery out of my truck in it,and it fired right up,but is low in gas,and its still wet as hell outhere,so it ran a little rough,but it didnt smoke,or knock,so i think some good gas and a tune up is in order for it right now.

I know,and im sorry about that,lol.I did play with it some today during lunch break,and breifly after work.I put back on all the vaccum hoses that the previous owner removed(i honestly dont know why folks do that)and it purrs like a kitten!It dont look as good as my buddy described it,but i am a body man so its ok

ill never forget when i went to a junkyard and asked the oldtimer that owned the place if they had and dodge darts, he drew a blank and asked what other car's parts would work, so i tell him plymouth scamp and ruster. oh yeah we have a few of those over in this location go take a look. i got all excited after a day of yard hopping with poor results. i laughed my *** off when i rounded the corner and saw a fwd duster and fwd scamp sitting there next to each other.

-
Back