I got pulled over...

-

thedartsport

Reaction score
...and asked by an officer to take a picture at the police station. The cop was a super nice guy and he loved the car!

IMG_9720.JPG

That is a goal of mine and I think my next project. My dad was a cop on Tampa Police Dept. from 1946 -1971. As a kid I remember those old 63-67 BB coronets and riding in them I can still smell the odor of stale cigarettes which I loved back then. I want to build a 4 dr Coronet BB cop car clone. Nice car there!

That is a goal of mine and I think my next project. My dad was a cop on Tampa Police Dept. from 1946 -1971. As a kid I remember those old 63-67 BB coronets and riding in them I can still smell the odor of stale cigarettes which I loved back then. I want to build a 4 dr Coronet BB cop car clone. Nice car there!
Thank you! You can't go wrong with a police car, but all eyes are definitely on you when you drive!

I have a '65 Chrysler 300 convertible.
Had a '67 Newport that I wanted to wear black&white colors like an old BluesBrothers-type Police car but the plan was never worked out.

Thank you! You can't go wrong with a police car, but all eyes are definitely on you when you drive!
In 1974-1977, I worked at a shop in Tampa called "Johnny's Auto Service" we did all the repairs on Hillsborough County sheriff cars. I use to get pulled over all the time when I would test drive one.

In 1974-1977, I worked at a shop in Tampa called "Johnny's Auto Service" we did all the repairs on Hillsborough County sheriff cars. I use to get pulled over all the time when I would test drive one.
I'm sure that was a strange sight!

Yes stale cigarettes - everyone smoked back then, it seemed. local yard still has this '66 Fury two door post. NM state police apparently used a handful of them for pursuit duties. The interstate system was partial at that time, with only disconnected sections in use. This car came from Phoenix, so it has been a lifelong southwestern car.

100_0292.jpg

100_0293.JPG

100_5551.JPG

100_5553.JPG

100_5555.JPG

Michigan State police still has an old sport fury
Or they did about a year ago, it was on patrol in grandhaven last time I saw it

Yes stale cigarettes - everyone smoked back then, it seemed. local yard still has this '66 Fury two door post. NM state police apparently used a handful of them for pursuit duties. The interstate system was partial at that time, with only disconnected sections in use. This car came from Phoenix, so it has been a lifelong southwestern car.

View attachment 1715084394

View attachment 1715084395

View attachment 1715084396

View attachment 1715084397

View attachment 1715084398
Man I envy you guys out west with your rust free cars! I keep saying I'm going to make a road trip out west and find me one.

...and asked by an officer to take a picture at the police station. The cop was a super nice guy and he loved the car!

View attachment 1715084321
I love ex cop cars. I've had a 76 (black and white) 318 Dart cop car; a late 70's 400HP cop car like the one on the Hunter TV show, still have 2 ex cop Jeep Cherokees, and 5 2002 ex cop Intrepids.

-
Back