I Got Stiffed

-
Pay pal does have a escrow account where the payment is sent, items have to be shipped with a tracking number. When the person recieves the item the money is released.

I have been lucky... only burned once in hundreds of transactions. It doesnt matter which side your on.... dealing with people you can get burned.
My rule of thumb is

Try to know who your dealing with. Check to see if any history or feedbacks.

Dont sell anything that you cant recover from if it goes sour.

Pretty much that simple. At least for me.

It has worked really well for me.

Sorry to hear your deal didnt go well..... it is frustrating.

-RPM

Payment before parts. ALWAYS. If they don't trust you, then they don't have to buy your parts! Your trader rating (if this site has one, I know some others do but haven't even bothered looking at trader ratings here just yet) should speak for itself when it comes to trustworthiness of forum/internet dealings...

- CK

Your trader rating (if this site has one, I know some others do but haven't even bothered looking at trader ratings here just yet) should speak for itself when it comes to trustworthiness of forum/internet dealings...
you would be amazed at how many deals ive done where people have no idea how to use the feedback system here or wont, even after i explained it to them.

yes the feedback system needs to be simpler.

i never rly buy many item cus i find the cars i need parts off of then sell the rest on here and i ask evreyone to leave feedback i dont even think i have a single one .

yes the feedback system needs to be simpler.

i never rly buy many item cus i find the cars i need parts off of then sell the rest on here and i ask evreyone to leave feedback i dont even think i have a single one .

The feed back is always useful. I always leave one for when I buy a item here so people will know how good that member is.

you would be amazed at how many deals ive done where people have no idea how to use the feedback system here or wont, even after i explained it to them.

im still trying to figure it out .....but no one has explained it to me ...please help anyone if you know how ...i need to leave good feedback for a lot of these cats ......by not leaving feedback they prolly think im stuck up......dont help that i am a very forgetful person ....i dont mean to do it but a lot skips my mind and i lose track of what im doing till someone reminds me. :toothy5: :eye:

I personally, have had all great transactions on this site and bbodies. Treat others the way you want to be treated is my Motto. I wouldn't want to be the one getting the shaft on an internet deal. So I wouldn't do it to others.

im still trying to figure it out .....but no one has explained it to me ...please help anyone if you know how ...i need to leave good feedback for a lot of these cats ......by not leaving feedback they prolly think im stuck up......dont help that i am a very forgetful person ....i dont mean to do it but a lot skips my mind and i lose track of what im doing till someone reminds me. :toothy5: :eye:
its easy. find the thread the deal was originally posted on the main page in its respective forum. right click , copy shortcut. go to their profile and click feedback score. click leave feedback, follow the directions . you will paste the shortcut in the "deal url" box. you can also click on the feedback rating number under their user name but you still need copy shortcut the thread title on the main page.

FOR SALE: 225 Slant Six Flywheel and Pressure Plate 3 4-Speed Mopar A-Body <right click copy
66340SEDAN
01-16-2013 05:28 PM
by 66340SEDAN
thread_hot.gif
8 3/4 clutch style suregrip
jtkaaa07
01-16-2013 05:18 PM
by mischiefdart
thread_hot.gif
NEW Kelsey Hayes Disc Brake Caliper Brake Hose Bracket
davescuda
01-16-2013 04:46 PM
by davescuda
thread.gif
NEW Kelsey Hayes Disc Brake Caliper Brake Hose Bracket
davescuda
01-16-2013 04:40 PM
by davescuda
thread_hot.gif
426(360) stroker engine for sale
demonduster
01-16-2013 04:25 PM
by dart6
thread.gif
big bolt pattern disk brake parts
waggin
01-16-2013 04:12 PM
by waggin
thread_hot.gif
demon 650 + edelbrock air gap
67barracuda

FABO is the greatest! I met some great guys here and got some great deals too. PM your Paypal email and I'll send some cash to help offset your loss. It's the least I can do to keep the best guys out there on this site.

Sorry, been gone a tad.

73, I can't leave a negative feedback as I don't have a way to refer back to a post.

See, he read about an offer I made with another member (which went flawless) and then PM'd me and asked if I still had any other set's to sell.

So we dealt through PM without benefit of any public exchange on the board.

I got his address.............

Sorry to hear about bad deals Dago Red.I,ve had one stupid dealing on here,guy gave me the wrong zip(which he had 3 different ones)the part was returned to me and he wanted me to resend at my cost.Not!He ended up calling the POPO on me.LOL.I sent his money back,minus the shipping costs,plus the cost of fuel to go to the POPO station LOL.Since then all dealings have been 100% great.Hope (Brents 71 Duster) see,s this thread and makes good on your deal.

I came very close here to getting ripped off.. Can't remember his last name but there is a guy from Nebraska named Mark, who I made arrangements with to pick up an 8 3/4 complete drum to drum at his house. I had flown to Nevada and picked up my Dart and was driving it cross country to FL and was stopping by his house to pick up the rearend. I had only paid 325 for it and I was damn suspicious that the ring gear whined or that it had a major problem at that price. I had called him every to update him on my exact arrival at his house. I arrived and his mom said he had gone some where and that he would be back in a few HOURS. I said ma'm I really need to get on the road, could you tell me where it is. She pointed to a field next to the house that was overgrown with weeds chest high, and said "it must be in there somewhere." I backed the car to the edge of the field and my wife and son found it and we wrestled it into the trunk of the Dart.

I'm 45 minutes away from his house and I get a call from him on my cell.

He said
"I was supposed to meet you"..(I had paid him weeks before with paypal, and at that time he had said several times said that I got a great deal on the rear, and that he may have let me have it too cheap." At that point my potential to get ripped off meter should have pegged.

I said "yes that WAS correct we were supposed to meet at 10 and you were nowhere to be found so I got the rearend and left."

He replied, "where are you exactly", I said "on the interstate 45 min from you and headed to FL."

He said, "you need to come back here." I said "for what."?

He said "that I needed to come back here" about 4 or 5 times and when I asked him each time for what reason I would not get a reply. So I blew him off and hauled *** to Fl.

A couple of months later I'm surfing around on the site here and theres a photo and some discussion in the forum I'm in and lots of talk about how "Mark" had screwed a guy out of $2500 on a flatbed hauler. Several other peopled chimed in how he had screwed them on deals too.
It was at that point that I realized that his intention that day when I came over to pick up the rearend was to try to EXTORT more money from me for the rearend, because 325 for a complete drum to drum working rearend even a couple of years ago was WAY WAY low.

I hope it all turns good for you.I haven't been burnt here yet. I believe if you have belonged to this site for a while then you should be a trusted honest Mopar lovin person like we all should be.Of course there is always one bad apple in the bushel and we never know until the bite is taken.

I came very close here to getting ripped off.. Can't remember his last name but there is a guy from Nebraska named Mark, who I made arrangements with to pick up an 8 3/4 complete drum to drum at his house. I had flown to Nevada and picked up my Dart and was driving it cross country to FL and was stopping by his house to pick up the rearend. I had only paid 325 for it and I was damn suspicious that the ring gear whined or that it had a major problem at that price. I had called him every to update him on my exact arrival at his house. I arrived and his mom said he had gone some where and that he would be back in a few HOURS. I said ma'm I really need to get on the road, could you tell me where it is. She pointed to a field next to the house that was overgrown with weeds chest high, and said "it must be in there somewhere." I backed the car to the edge of the field and my wife and son found it and we wrestled it into the trunk of the Dart.

I'm 45 minutes away from his house and I get a call from him on my cell.

He said
"I was supposed to meet you"..(I had paid him weeks before with paypal, and at that time he had said several times said that I got a great deal on the rear, and that he may have let me have it too cheap." At that point my potential to get ripped off meter should have pegged.

I said "yes that WAS correct we were supposed to meet at 10 and you were nowhere to be found so I got the rearend and left."

He replied, "where are you exactly", I said "on the interstate 45 min from you and headed to FL."

He said, "you need to come back here." I said "for what."?

He said "that I needed to come back here" about 4 or 5 times and when I asked him each time for what reason I would not get a reply. So I blew him off and hauled *** to Fl.

A couple of months later I'm surfing around on the site here and theres a photo and some discussion in the forum I'm in and lots of talk about how "Mark" had screwed a guy out of $2500 on a flatbed hauler. Several other peopled chimed in how he had screwed them on deals too.
It was at that point that I realized that his intention that day when I came over to pick up the rearend was to try to EXTORT more money from me for the rearend, because 325 for a complete drum to drum working rearend even a couple of years ago was WAY WAY low.

Sounds like Mark Nixon he burned a lot of people.

-
Back