I guess I didn't repond fast enough?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't hardly believe anybody even uses the ignore button.
That really amazes me.

I sell my junk on Craigslist mostly so I don't have to
deal with shipping.
I do buy here once in a while.

I've had similar experiences. Sometimes you just can't be fast enough or it isn't meant to be. I've sent a PM with a "is the part still available, and if so I'll take it. LMK how you want paid, etc..." With a reply yes it's still available, and then I repeat "I'll take it, need some info to get you the money". No response for a while...then it's SOLD.

Sometimes it can be strange on here how sales works. It is what it is.

That really amazes me.

deal with shipping.

It is a great tool. Kinda like not answering the phone when the Ex-wife calls!!

That really amazes me.

deal with shipping.

Didnt even know there was such a thing, and can't think of a single member I would put on it either!!.....

WOW, I didnt realize replying "pm sent" is against the rules??
Its a sellers market, his parts so all you can do is "hope" that he sells to you.
IF I had 1/4 lb of hash for sale cheap...the 1st one with the moolah gets it, and NO I wont ship it either!!
Sorry no more fronts:glasses7:

WOW, I didnt realize replying "pm sent" is against the rules??
Its a sellers market, his parts so all you can do is "hope" that he sells to you.
IF I had 1/4 lb of hash for sale cheap...the 1st one with the moolah gets it, and NO I wont ship it either!!
Sorry no more fronts:glasses7:

The "PM SENT" deal, shouldn't be against the rules, in fact it should be MANDATORY in a for sale thread. My reasoning is, it lets EVERYONE see who is really the first, because with that being a secret known only to the seller, it COULD incourage a closed door silent auction type situation. I don't think this has ever happened to me personally, but I do know it HAS happened on this site. Some killer priced deals can result in a barrage of PMs, be good if the order were public....Should be common courtesy to honor the first come first serve deal, but making the transaction more visual to everyone, encourages people to be more honest...

The "PM SENT" deal, shouldn't be against the rules, in fact it should be MANDATORY in a for sale thread. My reasoning is, it lets EVERYONE see who is really the first, because with that being a secret known only to the seller, it COULD incourage a closed door silent auction type situation. I don't think this has ever happened to me personally, but I do know it HAS happened on this site. Some killer priced deals can result in a barrage of PMs, be good if the order were public....Should be common courtesy to honor the first come first serve deal, but making the transaction more visual to everyone, encourages people to be more honest...

Yep, I have been involved in a few where I thought I was 1st. Should be mandatory.

For Gods sake go to AUTOZONE and buy one with a lifetime warranty and get over it.Just my thought.

Well i guess I'm alone on how I deal with ads. I ask shipping because I have gotten some really wild shipping cost on items from here and other sites. But I would thing if I'm asking shipping cost the seller should no I'm interested? I mean really my life has gotten so boring that I'm asking for a shipping cost just to waste my time and yours. But it is what it is. I'm not suicidal cause I didn't get the starter.
Rest assured when I sell items on here and you ask me for a shipping price first, I won't sell to another till I reply to you.
Well here's an answer to this post, I put a set of headers on here a couple weeks ago and a guy hits me up right away and asks for shipping costs, so I go out get a box weigh it and measure it up and send him the shipping costs and guess what?? absolutely no response since saying he will pass or take them. So asking for shipping is NOT a done deal. in my opinion its kind of a waste of my time since it has happened many times here-even one guy telling me he was'nt a deadbeat and still bailing with no response. Most people arent making money on the shipping and if you think the shipping cost is too high then pass, but remember-the person spends their time packing it, labeling it then driving their vehicle to the shipping point so if you think the shipping is $5 too much then I guess you got a great deal if thats all the overhead you had to pay.

Well here's an answer to this post, I put a set of headers on here a couple weeks ago and a guy hits me up right away and asks for shipping costs, so I go out get a box weigh it and measure it up and send him the shipping costs and guess what?? absolutely no response since saying he will pass or take them. So asking for shipping is NOT a done deal. in my opinion its kind of a waste of my time since it has happened many times here-even one guy telling me he was'nt a deadbeat and still bailing with no response. Most people arent making money on the shipping and if you think the shipping cost is too high then pass, but remember-the person spends their time packing it, labeling it then driving their vehicle to the shipping point so if you think the shipping is $5 too much then I guess you got a great deal if thats all the overhead you had to pay.

I allways try to have the item I am selling already boxed up with weight and demensions BEFORE I post it for sale, that way, its pretty easy for anybody to get a shipping estimate..... Or sometimes guys sell things with shipping included in a flat rate manner. Both ways are part of being a good seller in my opinion.

I put a set of headers on here a couple weeks ago and a guy hits me up right away and asks for shipping costs, so I go out get a box weigh it and measure it up and send him the shipping costs and guess what?? absolutely no response since saying he will pass or take them

had the same issue. i had quite a bit of stuff for sale here a while back. had a bunch of different pm's saying they would take it and let them know what shipping is. so i paid to have the stuff packed and boxed properly, got a quote to the buyers zip code only to hear back from the guy who said they would take it that the shipping was too much. exactly why i put in my ads that i will not ship...

This is why my stuff is sold through ebay. I don't have to deal with all the garbage that can't seem to be straightened out here. On ebay, its Pay pal only for me, and the computer does all the shipping figures, prints out the label and all. Thought about trying a couple of things on here... but no way, not now. I don't need the headache..

If I box something up and dont here back, well no big deal. IT HAS TO BE BOXED ANYWAY FOR SHIPPING RIGHT?? So now that its packed/boxed, at least you can get the next person a ship quote quicker.
Oh, I have been on the other end and have lapsed on a few things that I was interested in and never got back to them. So I try to not throw stones at glass bongs

This is why my stuff is sold through ebay. I don't have to deal with all the garbage that can't seem to be straightened out here. On ebay, its Pay pal only for me, and the computer does all the shipping figures, prints out the label and all. Thought about trying a couple of things on here... but no way, not now. I don't need the headache.
Had one member go ballistic over being first one to post in for sale ad then not get part. The poor bastard ( will not name as still very active member ) will go to his grave not understanding or comprehending the PM feature here and how a PM at 7:30 supersedes a thread post at 8:00. Have mainly moved onto eBay myself as the wanting a diamond for the price of coal crowd is taking over here IMHO. I mean really. Asking for more pictures for clarification on a $15 shipped part or the I can tell that is a re-pop not restored as you advertised claim have deflated the Oldschool balloon.

Oldschoolcuda

Yep, I have been involved in a few where I thought I was 1st. Should be mandatory.

The problem I find with this is which do you do first, the thread post or the pm? You cant do both, and if someone else is doing them in the opposite order first in pm is not necessarily first in thread. Personally I'd rather just send a pm, and not bump up the ad.

I figure it is a crap shoot, if I get lucky and get a good part for a good price, awesome, if not oh well. When I get burned, I tell myself it is part of the calculated risk.

I think there is a mentality (not talking about you Steve but in general) where everyone wants the best deal possible, but also want the rules and "fair-play" that comes with greater overhead (expense and structure) provided by ebay/paypal and the like. One cannot have it both ways!

I guess I missed something in the rules. Is there something in there that states, when selling something, you have to sell it to the first person to reply? May be the right thing to do, but don't see it in the rules.

I too have items STILL boxed up and waiting for the committed buyer to follow thru. Some are like 2 years old? I have bought a bunch of stuff off this web site and have given a bunch of small stuff away that I have paid the shipping for too.
I think everyone has their Idea of what is fair, so lets get on with it. I started this thread, now I'm asking that the mods end it. I think there has been enough opinions on the subject. Agreed?

You can always just PP the asking price and work out the shipping later this cuts out at least two emails," the pic looks good I'll take it, what's the total and do you want PP or M.O. and the one back from the seller answering your questions. Just note the email address and send $$$ then reply money in your PP at your convenience let me know what additional to send for shipping. That how it's done if you really want it bad guys!

I too have items STILL boxed up and waiting for the committed buyer to follow thru. Some are like 2 years old? I have bought a bunch of stuff off this web site and have given a bunch of small stuff away that I have paid the shipping for too.
I think everyone has their Idea of what is fair, so lets get on with it. I started this thread, now I'm asking that the mods end it. I think there has been enough opinions on the subject. Agreed?

Closed for you Roy.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back