I hate frigin Wasps!

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here relaxing when I hear blood curling screams in the front yard "RUN RUN GET IN THE HOUSE" from my GF and 4 yr old daughter :shock: So I jump up deciding what weapon to grab and run to the front room as they burst in with wasps on there trail. One got in and was still trying to sting them so I batted it down with my hand while they locked themselves in the bathroom:?. Took me 10 minutes to catch and kill it, man was it pissed, so the casualties were:

1 dead black wasp
1 kid stung once
1 GF stung 5 times

So the GF is mildly allergic seems alright, my kid I'm not sure but they are both swollen and grumpy now. So tonight death comes to wasp town, and I get hedge cutting duty from now on......

Please watch her closely as my friend was mildly allergic , got stung , and then his throat swelled up closed and he died . Very sad course of events as he was an outdoor person his whole life .

That suck's!!! Seems the closer it gets to fall the more of them there are and the nastier they get. My wife was just talking about trimming our hedges until I read this to her. Thanks a lot man!! Lol!!

yeah watch them both real close. i guess you need to add one dead wasp to your signature now.

Ooooooo..I just dealt with about 300 bald faced paper wasps that built a very large watermelon sized nest in a pear tree next to my driveway.

I nailed their opening to the nest at dusk with a can of wasp/hornet foam (the stuff that shoots a stream 23 feet away).

For a minute they could not come out but one managed to barely zing my daughter who wanted to watch.

The aftermath was scary when the spray lost it;s touch and they were flying out like gangbusters, but most of them crawled and fell out in big piles under the nest and sorta congregated in piles all over the driveway.

They were big suckers and alot of them were still alive the next morning.

I got nailed by a nest of them when I was 9 y/o running through the woods.
I had over 300 stings and My Mom took me to the hospital and I got pretty dizzy from the whole experience, but the doc said I was in bad shape and could have died.

ive been stung many times by those bastards ,once when they decided to make 2 nice cozy nests in the door jambs of my Duster.Keep an eye on them and make sure they dont get worse.

Watching them close now, my Kid didn't even cry but now she's scared to death of them which sucks because I had a very bad experience as a kid with wasps. Now if any are around I run away screaming like a school girl. They are very lucky I just had a look and its about the 3/4 the size of a basketball and she was standing on a 8 FT ladder (knocked to the ground) when they started attacking.

I just want to light the 9 FT bush on fire but got vetoed on that:evil1:

carburetor cleaner kills wasps. I do it all the time finding their nests inside door jambs on cars on my property, kills'm dead and knocks'm out of the sky too.

I like using Brake Clean makes them melt on contact.

I have a can of wasp spray here and I showed my Daughter and she said to me "I don't know daddy I think your going to need two cans" ha ha kids got to love them....

that foaming stuff works wonders.

I got stung randomly this morning. Still have yet to find that nest at work.!!

My 2 year old was out playing today at home and out of no where some wasp stung her little belly. no idea where that nest is either. !! I am on a mission of finding that nest tonight to torment them wasps more :)

A few years ago I took a bad fall and was injured. I had horrible joint pain in my ankles, legs, hips, arms, for years. one day last summer I was stung, on the leg, about 8 times by these huge wasps. The next day my foot swelled to the point I couldn't get my shoe on, headache, sweating. The next day the swelling went away and I havn't had any pain since. Pain free my brothers!:cheers: MMG

A few years ago I took a bad fall and was injured. I had horrible joint pain in my ankles, legs, hips, arms, for years. one day last summer I was stung, on the leg, about 8 times by these huge wasps. The next day my foot swelled to the point I couldn't get my shoe on, headache, sweating. The next day the swelling went away and I havn't had any pain since. Pain free my brothers!:cheers: MMG

Who would have thunk- wasp therapy!!!

Yeah they are nasty ba$tard$. I have never had any really bad experience with them, but when they are out bombing me it always seems like I am on a ladder!! Kill the nest at night, that is when they are all in the nest. Maybe see if you can get a prescript for an epi-pen....a life saver when you need it.

Wow, that's a trip. There may be a good use for those evil buggers.

Senior year of high school in auto shop there was a big nest up in the corner of the outside bay.I soaked a red rag in parts cleaner and balled it up and nailed the nest. one flew down and stung me on the nose. The shop teacher wouldnt let me go to the nurse for an icepack either. Said I shouldnt have aggravated them.The next week we hooked a fuel line for a pickup to a propane bottle with a piece of heater hose and some clamps and made a 12 foot long torch and fried them bastards when the teacher stepped out.

Bee venom therapy is the part of apitherapy which utilizes bee venom in the treatment of health conditions. Apitherapy is the use of beehive products, including honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly, bee venom. It has been used since ancient times to treat arthritis, rheumatism, back pain, skin diseases and in this modern age as an alternative therapy to treat multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease and chronic fatigue syndrome. Bee venom comes from the stingers of honey bees who use it in defense of the bee colony.

I was on my Uncles farm I must of been eight at the time was playing in a field full of abandoned cars. Sat inside pretending to drive and opened the glove-box yup wasp nest got stung numerous times and they chased me almost all the way to the farm house.

WD40 kills em fast too. I let them fall asleep aftr locating the nest,say around 9 pm and then soak em. Dont stand a chance.

Raid wasp and hornet killers great too as it shoots about 20 ft!

Call Billy the Exterminator!LOL:spiderma:

My daughter ask if Billy is in the "real world" I said "Yes honey but I think he's more in his own little world"

Anyways I either killed them tonight or made them real real mad :profilel: my kid watched from the inside of my truck and I said "get ready to watch Daddy get stung and run around screaming like a little school girl" she nodded and laughed at the same time.

My great aunt could probably best anyone on top shot with her; can of raid dropping them in mid air skills....lol

when i was a kid in arizona, i would love to mess with them :poke: :finga: AND get stung.... took a swarm of ground bees to make me stop. hard lesson learned. lol](*,)

When I bought this property in '04 both barns were filled with wasps and the big bumble bees.

I found a product out of Florida that works great and saves me money. I bought a pound of powder called Cyper WP and wiped out all the bees. I havent had a problem since, just once in awhile do I need to spray now. The pound of powder makes 48 Gallons of spray. Main ingredient is Permytherin.

So for about $50 (2004) I got 48 gallons of spray that works on bees and other insects. I still have alot of it left; even though I gave alot to my neighbors.

It is called Cyper WP and sold by Pro Pest Control Products. www.doyourownpestcontrol.com

-
Back