I hate headers!!!!!!!!

-

Alex White

A Body Addict
Reaction score
ok so im removing a 360 out of a 75 duster with headers and also have power steering and power brakes so more junk in my way. im removing with the tranny attached and these damn headers are getting in my way, i removed the passanger side one but now i cant quite get to the driver side because of the master brake cylinder. im basically just ranting at this point but im very frustrated lol. and on top of it all i dropped my socked and put my knee out to try to stop it from hitting the ground and smashed my headlight! only thing missing was the car falling on me as i was under it!

unbolt the K-frame and suspension and lift the body off . revers of what the factory did.
You will have to pull the column to.
It sounds like more work but its not in the long run.

yeah that or just cut the damn headers off with a saw, its all the same for me, i need to take the k frame out anyways, tomorrows another day ill give er a shot, thanks

What mbaird said. It is actually amazingly quick and easy. I don't think I would pull an engine the old fashioned way now! Easy with the sawzall, you may be able to sell those headers if you don't want them...hint, hint! :D Good luck man.

oilers are out of the playoffs but there still my boys haha, i will definatly try the k frame, and dont worry ill try my best to keep away from cutting those headers into a million pieces haha

yeah... Oilers have had a few tough seasons....how I remember the days of Gretzky and Messier.. that was good , fast , clean hockey !

slow down ***** harder to work on when your pissed off...

yeah that or just cut the damn headers off with a saw, its all the same for me, i need to take the k frame out anyways, tomorrows another day ill give er a shot, thanks

Hey, wait a second...I remember something like this...oh yea...

:) The relief was well worth not being able to resell them for 25 bucks. Tossed in some shorties and BAM!

The relief was well worth not being able to resell them for 25 bucks. Tossed in some shorties and BAM!

LOL now that's some funny ****

that's one way to do it,and they weren't even all bashed in lol

I don't get this...................

They went in there. They didn't grow there by themselves

So just because you were too lazy to uninstall them, the reverse of how they were at - some - point - installed, you cut up (what may or may not have been) a perfectly usable set of tubes?

usually just unbolting them....you can pull the engine.....

Hey honestly, I cut up my hands, blew a pneumatic wrench and had a nervous breakdown taking my headers off.

End result?

Cut them. A few cuts should do it, and it will take you 1/10000000 the time.

I agree, I hate the bloody things too. Had them on my cars and Ram trucks and alway cut them off in the end! When I change the motor in my car I'm putting on factory manifolds.

:) The relief was well worth not being able to resell them for 25 bucks. Tossed in some shorties and BAM!

All i see is metal cuttings that went into the cylinders...............

This is when you step back and let someone else do it...

This isn't for everyone, but putting cuttings down the cylinders surely wasn't worth the time saved in frustrated mechanical butchery

Would have been a great episode for those car shows. ..

-
Back