I hate ramen noodles

-
I conjured some delicacies in the military days. Peanut butter and Kool-Aid mix smeared on a tortilla makes a nice, granular substitute for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Got enough Cap'n Crunch to nearly fill a bowl but no milk? Moosehead beer is a surprisingly tasty surrogate in this context.

Eggs and toast have got me thru many a dry stretch of money over the years

A buddy of mine lived on puffed rice cereal for almost a whole summer once! Tough times require tough choices.

It's about to become a staple here too. I find that it can be made to suck less by adding some cheese, bits of meat and whatever spices smell right while the stuff is cooking. At least it adds a few variations to the rotation.

High-quality dog food may be passable. I might have to hit Sam's Club for a pallet of Beggin' Strips. ;-)

Mmmmmm. IT'S BACON!!!! lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErapf79rqM

Just for fun last night I added a chopped up hot dog to my ramen noodles. It wasn't exactly gourmet fare but it definitely added some taste and meat is always a good thing.

a pack of cheap balogna, some cheap mustard and a loaf of bread is good for a dozen sandwiches. I made many meals out of that and Ramen back in school, and still have a taste for it today.

I've got 13 year old twin daughters that are really into Anime. One of the characters eats a lot of ramen so they think the stuff is great. One of my girls eats it for breakfast with chopsticks. I have to buy chicken ramen at Sam's by the case for her. They keep telling me it's good & I ought to eat some of it. I always tell them "I ate too much of that stuff when I was in college."

There's a lot that you can do for it by adding veggies or leftover bits of meat or whatever, but I'm done with it myself. My mom has a book she's going to give the girls. 365 Ways To Cook Ramen or something like that. I guess if they want to eat that crap it leaves more money for car parts.

ah the ramen days....

well ramen is ramen ... but if ya have to eat it.... while the water is boiling break a egg or two in it and let it cook.... that helps some...

for something different... take a frying pan and break up the ramen into like 1" chunks and fry it until its warm and while its frying add about 1/2 pack of the seasoning to it.... kinda a crunchy noodle snack. Still tastes like ramen though.

if ya get a few bucks go to a deli chicken place and grab a couple chunks of deli chicken and break up the white meat into the boiling water and let it cook with it. Add a little bit of frozen peas or carrots and it makes a wonderful chicken soup. With a slice of bread and butter you feel like your eating high on the hog !!! lol.

just some more ideas.

good luck

I've got two kids and I can stretch a meal...one pack of ramen noodles(any flavor) boiled on the stove and add a can of mixed veggies with the juice makes a good meal! :pl:

I remember using food coloring to make the kraft dinner different colors just to keep it interesting. The poorest I was in college was "wiener water soup night" we were so broke we made soup from the water we boiled hot dogs in. Of course we usually had beer in the fridge ......... priorities.

how to make ramon noodles good.
cook the noodles strain 80% of the water add seasing and add terracie sauce and LOTS of cheese i love it.
and eat way to much of it :(

I will NEVER eat Kraft Dinner again.....I would eat Ramon though.....

We always go there first to shop and anything we
can't find, we get from the regular grocery store.

We share methods!

In college, I survived off of Ramen, Killians, and :spam1: n Eggs. Of course a bit of 360scamps aformentioned bog o herbs will render any meal palatable!

I think by the time im done going to school Im never going to never look at another box of ramen again. I love going to school for automotive but being broke flat out sucks. I think Ive eaten ramen for two or more meals aday for more than long enough. On another note at least ill be out of laramie wyoming on may 19th. so I guess its not too much longer till im done here at wyotech anyway. Lol sorry for the rant:toothy7: I just get bored when Im hungry.
I used to put alot of that away. I'm thinking roast chicken with a small bag of fretoes put into it! Man the fretoes makes it! LOL

-
Back