I Hate the words "Parting Out"

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
JMO, I hate to see the words "parting out" in the same sentence with any mopar. Especially when the cars have little rust on them. SAVE THE MOPARS!:banghead:

I hate it to.....but when you part one out it helps to save a bunch more. There are always a bunch of guys that just need the one part to be done. Sometimes they gotta take one for the team

yup alot of the times when all the frame is REALLY GONE or the tittle is GONE sometimes the car just needs to be put down....

i hate seeing the words " i hate the words parting out"

i mean this in no disrespectful way, but it must be done, whether the car gets parted for the team, or someone survives by doing it for a living

JMO, I hate seeing the words "Crushed" even worse.
At least if it's parted, some parts will go to save a few more cars.
Honestly, some cars are too far gone to save.
Save the rare ones if you can, or pass them to someone who will.
What i really hate is "Tag switching on to a solid car" or especially "Rebodied"
That's fraud in my books.

Think of it as "organ donation". Especially if the alternative words are "to the crusher".

JMO, I hate seeing the words "Crushed" even worse.
At least if it's parted, some parts will go to save a few more cars.
Honestly, some cars are too far gone to save.
Save the rare ones if you can, or pass them to someone who will.
What i really hate is "Tag switching on to a solid car" or especially "Rebodied"
That's fraud in my books.
x2

JMO, I hate to see the words "parting out" in the same sentence with any mopar. Especially when the cars have little rust on them. SAVE THE MOPARS!:banghead:

"Parting Out" is just another way of "Sharin' The Luv"! :love7:

I look at it you are saving the parts, every part. Someone needs it, they have been looking everywhere for it, glad I can help them. If nobody scrapped cars there wouldn't be any parts, imagine how many go to the crusher without being parted out? I only part one out if it is totally shot, meaning rust everywhere, including the frame. I parted out this 1968 Charger, the only thing missing was the radio plate on the dash and the air cleaner, parts from this went all over the world. The guy who had it was going to crush his cars, he had a car crusher brought to his property and was crushing cars, only wanted scrap price for the only Mopar he had. I would gladly pay $300 for another rusty Charger to part out :thumleft: Imagine if he crushed this car, lots of good parts would be gone forever.

I parted out 2 cars that help build my 1966 Valiant too. One was a very rusty 73 Duster, drove it for 3 winters, then parted it out and used the front disc brake set-up on my car. Also parted out a 1966 Barracuda Formula S car, this car gave up its 4-speed trans and floor hump, all the salvagable parts went to a good home. This car was very rusted, been off the road for 30 years, just sat too long. I bet it was rare too, it was dark blue with 2-tone blue interior and a blue racing stripe, 273 Commando 4-speed, tach, sway bar and discs.....all factory. This was a cool car, felt bad but it couldn't be saved.

Attachments

• Picture 078.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Picture 117.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Picture 126.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 400
someone needs parts and what better than to get them off a car that is not road worthy

I would like to find someone parting out a 67 270 or Dart GT with good trim that goes around the finish panel. Had some but they got ruined by a guy that was to make them show quality. Been looking for good pieces since 1993. But filled the holes in the trunk before painting in case I never found them

In Old Cars Weekly several years ago a guy had a 1981 Imperial body. he had removed the entire drivetrain to use in a 40 chrysler street rod. Then must have figured it might be a rare car (about 11,000 made in 3 model years) and someone would want it but if not it was going to the crusher. I called to see what was there and there was a complete basicly rust free body with complete interior. Since I have a 1981 imperial with very low miles I was thinking having extra body parts might be good to have in case the worst thing happened to mine. I bought hte car for what he was going to get for it for scrap. $100 for the car, $157 for fuel and a day of driving to got the central Ill to pick it up. I'm glad I have it, just in case. Had the guy sent it to the crusher no one would have been able to get this very hard to find parts.

I do need to do something with it. So I might be parting it out. Good title car, 67,000 miles on body. Is it wrong to do this, I don't think so. I also bought a 1982 Imperial out of a junk yard that is complete with 31,000 miles. I wanted the wheels off it to restore and install new tires on for my good 81 since it still has the original tires from 1980 on it.

This should make me one of the biggest villains on the board.
Back in the early 90's, me and some buddies parted out a crashed rusty lime green 71 Demon. Absolutely LOADED car. The 340 was long gone. We picked the carcass clean. All the glass, all the sheetmetal that would unbolt, engine, trans, diff, spoiler, scoops, the whole interior including the dash, gas tank, front bumper, grille, I mean everything. I got the Rallye dash, and it wasn't til years later I checked the VIN.
LM29H1B100003

Wow, could have been a pilot car or a factory show car with those options. Oh well, bet it has been reincarnated into a Prius or 2....:banghead:

I hate when my friends buy 3 or 4 cars that they are going to "Fix up one day" and then sit on them......hence my parting out thread......we are parting the one with no title.....

Sometimes I see cars being "parted out" because of rust here. The funny thing is,the amount of rust sometimes aint all that bad in comparison to a west coast Canadian car,or one from Ontario (much worse).Heck,with the amount of rust on my Sask Dart,most guys would throw in the towel. I guess it's all in the perspective of the individual. I see not too bad a car when looking at my Dart,but a guy in AZ isnt going to waste time on it when there are so many clean ones where he lives.

Sometimes parting a car out is the evil that must happen. I have parted some cars but they were not fixable and there was nothing special about them. I parted a '69 Charger that the back half was rusted off of. I parted it and then sold it to a guy that wanted to fix it. I don't think he would have driven two hours to sell the car for scrap price. The '69 Charger was fixable but it would cost thousands and thousands. I'm fixing a rough '70 Charger right now.. it was better than the '69. I saved the '70 from the crusher.

I can't stand idiots who crush decent old cars..that's ignorant.

Is there any parts on your car that are from a dead Mopar?

Parting out a car is a benefit to all that owns a duplicate model, same make, same year. You add rare parts on the market and you just increased the value of your car you are collecting. The more rare you can make the model, the more valuable it becomes.

-
Back