I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Last night between the hours of 11p.m and 7 a.m someone cut the padlock on my snowblower and stole it. Barely 2 yrs old and very well maintained like all my stuff.

It's a model 71024C with independant wheel steering,24"swath and a 208cc ohv motor.

I need it back DESPARETLY!!!!!!!!!! I cant shovel snow for long these days as I have M.S. Now my ability to remove snow has been severely compromised. We are getting some volunteer helpers for snow removal until we can get our ins claim settled and buy another,I hope!

A police file has been opened and the serial # of my blower entered into thier cpic system.

I drove around West Trail for 2 hours searching for my machine today,but no love.

Im uploading a general pic for i.d purposes. The tell tale is the serial #. There are no identifying marks on it,other than it looks almost new.

Im no longer shocked and dismayed by humanites lack of humanity. This is just average behavior these days.

Attachments

• cub cadet.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 322
Man sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm glad you have help removing the snow.

Now the comment from the desert......... How hard can it be it's just light little snow flakes. Just sweep them off the driveway. (I lived in northern Utah I know how hard it can be just pulling your leg a little)

I hate to say it's that time of the year and seems to be a lot more thieves. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope they are caught.

Good Lord. That looks expensive.

I also hate theives, dealing with one that stole off me right now, police told me it would be over 1yr before he goes to court.

Locks are only for honest people.
Did you have the blower in a shed?
Out of sight?

For more enlightment:

FYI some crack head bastard stole my antique 1939 Allais chambers out of the barn last winter, SOB probally scrapped it.

I pack everytime I go up to to my wifes farm.

Yep- looks like 1200 american,man could blow a lot of snow with that rascal!!!

I hate to say it's that time of the year and seems to be a lot more thieves. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope they are caught.

Sometimes desperate people do desperate crimes. Not making excuses for them...no good reason to steal anybodies stuff !

I would be half sick about it and half so pissed off.

Hope you get in back--but. Maybe they get greedy and get caught.

I'm just wondering, did the police try to dust for finger prints--I'm guessing not but ?

Sorry for your loss.

Theives are out in forces every place you turn around. It seems like the law could do a better job in tracking these bast***s down and bringing charges against them.

Sorry to hear that bud. I'll say some prayers for good fortune in the future for ya.

That sucks , hate to say it but its probably long gone. People like that usually have an outlet. Had my Cub Cadet tractor stolen in 06 Sheriff basically said kiss it good by its probably in another part of the state by now. maybe you'll be lucky.

Sorry to hear,maybe post an ad in your local paper looking for that particular brand of snowthrower?Ya never know.

Like already mentioned, you might want to check your local buy and sell paper, pawnshop or kiji for your area of town, sometimes these people will list the stuff to try and get money for it.

Rob yes it was horribly expensive and I paid $1200 Canadian sale price on my credit card not long after being diagnosed. We had been thinking of it for a while as I knew something wasnt right.
The snowblower is one of the reasons why my cc bill is so high,and I cant pay it down on this reduced income.
To all my friends here who have been stolen from or not;thanks for your kind words and wishes. I just wish I could have back that piece of my soul that got ripped out today.Anyone who has had to deal with a major theft knows that sinking,helpless ,frustrating feeling.

At least none of my mopar stuff was touched,it's right there under a tarp but no-one is walking off with a long block,lol!

And they were in a rush,completely missed the new parts in the box of the truck and the full jerry car for the blower.

It shows premeditated theft. They KNEW to bring a bolt cutter,so had to have previously tried and been stopped by the padlock and cable.

Well this time they got the cable too.

The ins guy sounded quite reasonable,I dont think there will be any problems other than premiums going up,and of course a $500 deductable. Went with the big deductable to keep ins costs down and look where it got me..

I no longer wait for the axe to drop or for others to take care of things like this. It's all over facebook,I've spoken to every postman,neighbor,garbage man,the city plow drivers and will be calling to place an ad or perhaps a story with the local paper.Plus I started a crime watch group on facebook for my neighborhood.I'll be calling all the pawn shops I can find.

I figure seeing how I need to pay $500 deductable why not offer the $500 as a reward for the return of my blower? I'll call the paper and ask them to take pics of the sign Im going to put up in my front yard tommorow. Maybe that will get them interested in my story! If nothing shows up by the time my claim is processed,then the money can go to the ins company.

As for the money to pay the deductable,well my Dad knowd our situation very well has money coming in that he really cant use thanks to multiple pension funds,so he sends a cheque at xmas for the kids. This year they dont get much.Plus we usually try to put some of that money into an emergency savings account. Not this year.

Here it is! I kept some pics on photobuck,smart me!!!

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Post the serial # on here...another thing, like someone abv said, post a "wanted" ad for a snowblower, ya might get lucky!!

I hate to hear that. A chain, cable and a lock isn't going to stop them. I almost found out the hard way. I had a four wheeler in the back of my truck chained to the ramps. I heard a noise, went outside and they was driving out of my yard. They had already let my tail gate down, backed their truck up to mine, already cut the chain and was fixing to roll it onto their truck. However something made enough noise that I heard them. This happened years ago when I lived in a different part of town.

Sorry to hear this Paul. Being that you and I share a birthday adds something to our friendship. It really hurts being robbed. If you can, try to look at the 'big picture,' it's only a snowblower. Yes I know it seems like so much more. Do what you can to find the thief, but try not to let him steal any other part of your life. Don't allow him to change you. It's unlikely he will be back. The thief will never prosper and will get his justice.

Paul........Man im sadned to hear your news......Maybe it is something in the air in Canada lately. I feel your pain, loss. It really makes you feel violated. I hope you get it back and it would be great to catch the prick that did it.........Thinking of you and all the best Edd:wack:

I bet that baby is already painted Red with all markings removed and being used by some douche bag. I doubt I'll see it here in NC but I'll keep an eye out. This all makes me really want to invest in a real nice home security system.
Good luck & check with your homeowners insurance on coverage.

Sorry about your loss. A friend of mine in Illinois had his truck broken into Tuesday night while he was at the bowling alley. He's a Army Vet and volunteer firefighter. The punk took his Matthews bow, scent bag, all arrows, firefighter two-way radio, and a bunch of other hunting stuff he had in there. What nerve of these people!!

-
Back