I have a question for everyone

-
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that I enjoy this website and like looking at the builds and reading about the various things going on here.

But, here is my question?

When you go to a car show or a swap meet do you walk up to guys that have cars that don't meet YOUR EXPECTATIONS and tell them that they have the wrong radiator cap or the incorrect bumper on thier car.

Do you go up to the guy at the swap meet and ask him how much he paid for a part and tell him he's a f@#king rip cause he is selling for more money then he paid for it?

Everyone knows why I'm wondering?

I'm gonna guess you probably don't do this because alot of you would have a Non-numbers matching foot up your ***, and some incorrect bruising on your forehead.

So, why and the hell is it alright to get on a web forum and do these things? Well, I'm gonna tell ya, it's because your hiding behind a Key Board and it's easy to run your mouth when your not looking someone in the eyes.

Thanks

Yep;Thats why I don't take my cars to a car show.Last one I took a car to,the guy insisted it had the wrong wingnut on the breather then proceded to try to lift the antifreeze sticker to check numbers,car was not for sale.Sorry for your problem dude but it sure wasn't me!!!

i agree as long as they are not trying to show it as something its not...

really i only have the SS cars down but you get the idea...

I would assume that someone has done that here? I don't even own a car so I will be the last person to pick apart anothers car. I just enjoy the cars and go on my way. It is understood where I am from that people usually try to make a little money when selling something so of course they usually paid less then their asking price. I don't know alot of guys that buy parts with the hopes of selling them for less then they paid. Just my .02

nice car dude!

i think a lot of people on this site offer suggestions, not so many try to degrade others as on some sites. plus you get banned here if you attack people.

a lot of people ask questions here and a lot offer answers lots of good info sharing. lots of famous racers visit here and lots of people here just to have fun.

I totally hear you and agree more than not, but its always been like that phone balls,buddy balls no balls now its cyber balls talk is cheap and somehow finding fault with something makes some people feel smart .A real motorhead with any integrity will respect any nice car that someone has put there time and hard work into.

i couldnt care less about any numbers matching correct car. i think it is overrated myself. i pulled the "matching numbers" engine out of my duster and put a different motor in it. to the purist and people who buy and sell these cars , it is a big deal , but i dont care either way. im not in this for money or authenticity

I totally hear you and agree more than not, but its always been like that phone balls,buddy balls no balls now its cyber balls talk is cheap and somehow finding fault with something makes some people feel smart .A real motorhead with any integrity will respect any nice car that someone has put there time and hard work into.

AMEN!! :cheers:

I am cool with everyone's car here, from unrestored driver to hard-core race-car. Great when people figure how to re-purpose Chevy or Nissan parts. I love car shows, but have yet to exhibit. I wonder why I would pay money so people can criticize and possibly molest my cars. I see a lot of them on display are for sale, so that may be the main driver. Maybe when I retire and have more time to sit by my cars all day.

i couldnt care less about any numbers matching correct car. i think it is overrated myself. i pulled the "matching numbers" engine out of my duster and put a different motor in it. to the purist and people who buy and sell these cars , it is a big deal , but i dont care either way. im not in this for money or authenticity
x2:wack:

..mine is factory looking but by no means correct.
..when someone tells me i have the wrong this or that i say o.k.
try not to take it personal.

My son and me are building the Duster for our enjoyment only. With that being said I would never enter it in to a car show and tell somebody that it was restored to it original state. Granted we think is is an awsome looking ride but its all a matter of opinion. !!!

Bob

Not me. I dont pull any punches. I looked a big azz marine dead in the eye a couple days ago and told him if he cant deal with the public or satisfy his customers he should go on back to the military.
I wont go into a rant here since yall probably wont be going to Evans Carwash and Detail anyway.
I'm just saying I call 'em like I see 'em.

At car shows, I don't attempt to tare down another guy's car. My personal enjoyment is seeing clean old cars that are not heavily modified. I don't worry about numbers matching, or seeing a 71 Grill on a 72 Swinger (I like the 70-71 grill better, too). When I'm looking at other people's cars, I'm usually very positive their work. I fully subscribe to the theory that your car is yours, and you are the one that has to be happy with it. My opinion of your car means little, if anything at all.
I also subscribe to that opinion with my cars. While I prefer the stock look, except for wheels. My cars are not often built to "Numbers matching" specs.

I have seen and encountered the type of people the OP is talking about. It seems that the collector car hobby has become an obsession for some of these people, and is no longer fun.

...and yes, I know that the wheels, tires and engine block colors on my swingers isn't correct. ;)

i think a lot of people on this site offer suggestions, not so many try to degrade others as on some sites.
Want a change of opinion?? Talk about putting a 4l80e into your car. I gave up trying to explain to people, not just here but on BBD as well why I chose that unit. Just like my EFI cross ram HEMI intake, had quite a few folks tell me, to the point of arguing about it, that it was going to be costing me power. I finally gave up and had the builder of the manifold come on and explain it. That is one of the reasons I pulled down my thread on my car. Part of the problem is, in my eyes, it is very difficult to perceive how something is meant when you are looking at it on the internet. My car is nothing but a painted shell with a cage and I already have heard about it at the one place that I have taken it, to get the chassis certified. Guy asked what motor I was planning on, told him a HEMI. First words out of his mouth were "Dude, they did not put HEMIS in 69 Darts."

But dont mistake my respect for fear i have been in the alley or parking lot more times than i can remember just dont have to shoot my mouth off about stuff just because i can .signed K.O SWINGER

wow, even if they didnt, what does it matter
I proceeded to point out several things that were not going to be correct, followed by telling him about the gm trans and the efi, he just turned around and walked away........Not once have I said I am going to be building a HEMI Dart, I have always said it will be a Dart with a HEMI....

It depends...

I've had some classic "conversations" with a certain seller of parts and his minions. Especially when they'd come to my swap spot and try to buy parts. So yeah, I'll let certain people have it.

As far as picking cars apart, if someone asks for an assessment on the net? You better be sitting down, because it will come from all angles.

To go out and just start ripping on cars, one after another about what's "wrong" with them, not gonna happen with me. I look at it like women, some like blonde, brunette, redhead, athletic, big, curvy whatever... everyone has a taste. Yours may not be mine, however, it's your choice what to ride! :)

Keyboard Balls. Everyone thinks they are bigger than they are. Work is the same way. Someone will text me or email me a nasty gram, but when I call them back to explain. They are the nicest people in the world. People today like to hide behind there computers and keyboards thinking they are something they are really not. People are becoming less social, and don't know how to react to one on one public conversation, because of all the social tech medias available. It has created alot of IDIOTS.

Want a change of opinion?? Talk about putting a 4l80e into your car. I gave up trying to explain to people, not just here but on BBD as well why I chose that unit. Just like my EFI cross ram HEMI intake, had quite a few folks tell me, to the point of arguing about it, that it was going to be costing me power. I finally gave up and had the builder of the manifold come on and explain it. That is one of the reasons I pulled down my thread on my car. Part of the problem is, in my eyes, it is very difficult to perceive how something is meant when you are looking at it on the internet. My car is nothing but a painted shell with a cage and I already have heard about it at the one place that I have taken it, to get the chassis certified. Guy asked what motor I was planning on, told him a HEMI. First words out of his mouth were "Dude, they did not put HEMIS in 69 Darts."

First, the 4l80e is way heavier and doesn't have much more strength over the 4l60e. Thus putting it in over the 60 is near pointless unless you are making a LOT of power. Learned that from a GM B body forum I'm also on. :D (just went to a truck forum, they prefer the 80 and proved everything I said wrong so I'll just shut up about it now) your car is how you want it, my opinion is just that. Personally, if I had the money, I'd put a new hemi in my barracuda, (so I could have a 66 hemi cuda even though the only hemi in these cars was under the rear window) along with a 5 speed and an 8 3/4 rear end with 3.55s. It would also have a console, RMS front and rear suspension and a kick *** stereo. Would I get hate for it? probably. Would I care, no. It's my car, I do what I want to it so stfu.

I'm at Carlisle every year, and I would never critique someone's car and argue with them about what's correct. I wouldn't do it here either, unless someone is asking for an opinion - like do these wheels look better than those.
Last year I spent 30 minutes talking to a guy who just bought and drove to Carlisle a 69 4 door slant six Dart that he was excited about and I enjoyed hearing about the car and his enthusiasm over the HEI conversion.

its your car.. not theirs

lots of people disagree with my moonroof for example but when its 100 degrees out i really enjoy the "heat re-leaser"

thing i dislike more then number crunchers are their cars that ride in a trailer all their life i can see that happening with a few cars but drive them!!!!

i took my 72 duster to columbus ohio mopar nats this year for the duster tribute. i had the worst looking duster there. i parked in a row of perfect 340 dusters and th guys beside me gasped when they saw an HEI distributor on a mopar engine, my volare seats, my mt dew bottle puke tank, and the rattle can interior. then they really got bent out of shape when they saw the trunk. (we forgot a cooler so we dumped the ice straight into the bottom of the truck for the beer, the water drained out of the rust holes and they thought i had a gas leak). im in this hobby for pure fun. and i must say this is a very great group of people on this site. most sites are full of asshats. this is the most polite and helpful site on the web.

-
Back