I have a question for everyone

-
My car didn't come with a fender tag or build sheet. What my smart *** really wants to do is have a fender tag made up with all sorts of BS callouts on it, even make up some just to get the idiots spun up. Something like a triple black hemi sunroof luggage rack convertible leather bench 67 barracuda. Then I can just sit at the car next to mine and watch the mental carnage :glasses7:

DOOOOO IIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :prayer::prayer:

How about this . My Duster pictured below was a Bahama yellow 340 auto with matching numbers . Its now a indy headed race motor with a resto block and a 727 out of a van with work, The rear is minnitubbed the frame is tied and it is caged. And to top it off its painted 83 ford cobra orange.

I was sitting behind my car at a show and I heard guys from mopar madness discussing my car . said was " What an asshole this is a bahama yellow v24 car he ruined a nice car ". Hey Thats life everyone has a right to foam. the year before I did a rolling 100 plus foot john force burnout. and did the samething on the air strip at a show where it said no spinning tires on runway. Really all this motor I am facing a straight away so long The end was a blurr in the distance , I could not help my self. They didn't throw me out but the didn't let me partisipate and they parked me on the runway. The pic below

Well when I was leaving Becky's this year I saw the big mouth that said I ruined a nice car . He was running for the road to see me leave and he tripped and fell in the creek. That made my day. He almost broke his neck to see a car he didn't like. I enjoy my car and I use the motor . That numbers matching 340-7 block would be scattered. I sold it and don't really care. I do what I want. Sometimes I like to get others opinions to see if there are others that think like me. There is but not alot with mopars. I built my mouse to tame a Barton Elephant I know .But now Its time to build a bionic elephant. You can do what ever you want to a car in the mopar world as long as its a hemi when its done . The numbers don't matter at all on Hemi cars. If My car had a Hemi no one would care what I did with it. I could have a 4 dr dart title on a barracuda. Yup Hemi's make it all legal. Felons all of a sudden become national Hero's. I'm going Hemi and thats it. No more BS from the assholes.

Its HEMI or get busted

Attachments

• DSCF0095.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 131
How about this . My Duster pictured below was a Bahama yellow 340 auto with matching numbers . Its now a indy headed race motor with a resto block and a 727 out of a van with work, The rear is minnitubbed the frame is tied and it is caged. And to top it off its painted 83 ford cobra orange.

I was sitting behind my car at a show and I heard guys from mopar madness discussing my car . said was " What an asshole this is a bahama yellow v24 car he ruined a nice car ". Hey Thats life everyone has a right to foam. the year before I did a rolling 100 plus foot john force burnout. and did the samething on the air strip at a show where it said no spinning tires on runway. Really all this motor I am facing a straight away so long The end was a blurr in the distance , I could not help my self. They didn't throw me out but the didn't let me partisipate and they parked me on the runway. The pic below

Well when I was leaving Becky's this year I saw the big mouth that said I ruined a nice car . He was running for the road to see me leave and he tripped and fell in the creek. That made my day. He almost broke his neck to see a car he didn't like. I enjoy my car and I use the motor . That numbers matching 340-7 block would be scattered. I sold it and don't really care. I do what I want. Sometimes I like to get others opinions to see if there are others that think like me. There is but not alot with mopars. I built my mouse to tame a Barton Elephant I know .But now Its time to build a bionic elephant. You can do what ever you want to a car in the mopar world as long as its a hemi when its done . The numbers don't matter at all on Hemi cars. If My car had a Hemi no one would care what I did with it. I could have a 4 dr dart title on a barracuda. Yup Hemi's make it all legal. Felons all of a sudden become national Hero's. I'm going Hemi and thats it. No more BS from the assholes.

Its HEMI or get busted

This is a perfect example of what we're talking about. I agree with everything you said, and about the Hemi part of it especially. Only one thing to add, is that if it was a slant 6 car originally, and you modify it to your tastes, everyone loves you too. (Except the slant 6 guys!)
You can't win.
But everyone claps and cheers when they see a car that was turned into a race car when new and modified then, because it's a piece of mopar history, paint color scheme and all.......
A lot of people don't realize that back in the day, these cars were the basis for modification, and sold that way and were expected to be modified.
Chrysler for the most part didn't care what you did with the car, as long as it sold and put money into their pockets. (and direct connection's.)
BTW, i love what you did to your car, and it looks great to me......
Here's an old saying.
''It takes a man to restore a car, but it takes a real man to cut one up and modify it.''

My car didn't come with a fender tag or build sheet. What my smart *** really wants to do is have a fender tag made up with all sorts of BS callouts on it, even make up some just to get the idiots spun up. Something like a triple black hemi sunroof luggage rack convertible leather bench 67 barracuda. Then I can just sit at the car next to mine and watch the mental carnage :glasses7:

Perfect! Someone needs to re-pop fender tags for all of us "builders" out here. Just tell someone what you built and they can punch out a tag. Then when someone gives you **** about how your car is incorrect you can tell them to read the tag. That should confuse them long enough for the show to end and you will be on the road home LYFAO.

All go no show is where I've always been at, must be from growing up in the rust belt with no dough. Sleepers are cool and that's where the money was made back in the early 80's.

I respect those who want everything matching but that's just not my bag and never will be.

Its HEMI or get busted

small block...big block...Hemi...

anything works in a hot rod like yours....I like the way you don't pussyfoot it!

Mopar to ya'
Denny

I can see people complaining to you- how dare you take a nice car and make it into...a really nice car. The nerve of you:D

I once got into an argument with a guy who complained about me having a 'Plymouth' license plate on the front of my Scamp. Because, of course, it wasn't a Plymouth, it was a Dodge.
Those are the people who bug me- the ones who know so much more about your car than you- the person who owns it, built it, and drives it.

i still remember the clown that came out of auto zone only to come up to my window and tell me that novas didnt come with 360s

I should have put a Hemi in it. I did the small block motor to make it a 340 Duster. A old school Hemi is my nexts move. I am either going to buy one done or destroy a nice restored 68 383 car. There is a couple of Barracudas I am watching. We'll see what happens.

I just need to find the right car. I have access to a 65 Hemi Belvedere I put in storage for a friend . It needs up dates , look how they mounted the rear shackles with a T . But I would only sell it. I want a A-body. It would have to be a black 68 Dart or Barracuda. Only because It would have to say "yeah its got a Hemi" without the words written on it. Sort of like owning a Harley or a Corvette. An Ego trip that makes you shiver at the stab of the throttle in any gear. You know don't where a helmet so every one can see its you.

Barton wants more to upgrade then to buy a complete motor. So I may be stuck with the 426 until I save some more green. Or buy the 65 reunite it to its original race motor and sell it to get the green. Two of my friends own these. One has the motor and one has the car. They don't know one another to talk to. The person that bought the motor was suppose to get the car but the owner was killed that week and the car went into an estate.

Everything was left to the guy with the car. This was 30 years ago. I ended up towing all the hemi cars and got the 68 Dart.I sold the dart like an asshole. There are 4 cars left right where I put them. The owner is supersticious about red and this car and the 67 GTX were red . He won't even lay a finger on them . Here are some pics of whats available to play with. Just not my cup of tea car though. This is a drag car that was race in canada out of the Allentown USA. 40+ yrs back. It has been in dry storage since. I want a street car and a A-body though. And where the heck would I get parts for the 65. Next year I will have a Hemi A-body just don't know if it will be a dodge or plymouth. If only HOCUS POCUS was a 68.

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 119
  • hemi3.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 104
  • hemi2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 110
  • hemi1.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Hemi.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 108
Oh yeah the pickup towing the trailer above is this same truck with a 05 Cummins when done. should have kept that aslo. It was going to be my hauler for the open trailer ego. It went to Arizona

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Picture 034.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 139
that is one badass hemi. those motors look good in anything. i would love to pop the hood on a bone stock appearing 6 cylinder 71 demon with dog dish hubcaps and a scoop. no stripes, no 340 package, bench seat 4 speed, and see that under the hood. that is what defines muscle in my book.

Hoe 'bout the guys that come up to me and say"I had one of those 440 hemi's too in a car just like this" I just smile and shake my head.This was a slant 6 w/3on the tree back in '63:coffee2:

Attachments

• 195.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 140
-
Back