I have a question for everyone

-
Screw them Sheldon, Tell them if they want to bring their car over you'll give them a chance to examine the authenticity of your tail lights, but they better look quickly before they disappear. Your car, your decision. If you wanted it to be all original I could probably get in touch with Dwain and get back the original leaning tower of power that came in it but I think I'd keep the Hemi if I were you. LMFAO

Thanks Jim, but this isn't about my car. It's about some of the threads I read on here where a guy works hard to have something nice and some asshole picks it apart. I'm just sick of it so I figured I would start a thread to call this out. It seems as though the people doing it don't have much to say in this thread. Go figure

Thanks Jim, but this isn't about my car. It's about some of the threads I read on here where a guy works hard to have something nice and some asshole picks it apart. I'm just sick of it so I figured I would start a thread to call this out. It seems as though the people doing it don't have much to say in this thread. Go figure
Big surprise lol:toothy3:

I dont give a rats *** what anyone thinks. I gotta drive it not them.Best I could cobble.

Looks mighty sweet, :prayer: bet you can't wait for Spring (or is it already here).

Wow Ive never had any one pick a part my car its always thats a slant 6 i aint seen one of them in a long time ... But they loved doing it to my old rat dakota lol I dont know what happend but best of luck to ya bud

That's cause it's not nice enough to pick apart....yet.

if any of you boyz remember....our stuff didn't last a week as a "factory original"

after my first missed shift to 2nd in my 69 /440 /4 speed /dana 60 GTX...that center console and school bus shifter came out...replaced with a nice short shift tower. I recently located the console (had given it to a "pack rat" Ford buddy in 1973) except for a little dust, he still had it just like I gave it to him....but he did charge me 6-pack of beer for "storage". now if I could only find the rest of the car.....

i couldnt care less about any numbers matching correct car. i think it is overrated myself. i pulled the "matching numbers" engine out of my duster and put a different motor in it. to the purist and people who buy and sell these cars , it is a big deal , but i dont care either way. im not in this for money or authenticity

Amen....

I have always said to each his own. Build what you want how you want its your time your money. But I also grew up during a time that if you didn't have something nice to say don't say anything at all. This was a lot of the reason I quit going to shows 20 years ago. There were a lot of people spending big money and then getting mad because someone working out of his little garage on weekends won. The whole concept of hot rodding was being innovative. Didn't matter what engine, tranny etc. It was what you had or could afford to make something work. I always respected what others had and sure didn't pick it apart.

I have always said to each his own. Build what you want how you want its your time your money. But I also grew up during a time that if you didn't have something nice to say don't say anything at all. This was a lot of the reason I quit going to shows 20 years ago. There were a lot of people spending big money and then getting mad because someone working out of his little garage on weekends won. The whole concept of hot rodding was being innovative. Didn't matter what engine, tranny etc. It was what you had or could afford to make something work. I always respected what others had and sure didn't pick it apart.

Well said....

Yep. Years back I had a Mercury Capri I dropped a 350 HP/327 chevy in. That car was insane. It had one of those old school 2 speed auto's in it. It was one of the easiest conversions I have ever seen. Man, that sleeper was fun!!!!

matching numbers?.......good for you

I just want my paint to match

I still remember the 1st local car show I drove my Dart to... wasnt entering it as I was and still am "in the process" but the guy @ the entrance said, "why dontcha pull in and open the hood?". I figured what the hell- Im gonna be here awhile and saves me from trying to find a parking spot.

Wouldnt you know, the 1st guy that walked up looked at the car and made a few nice compliments- but then proceeded to tell me that the engine compartment is supposed to be the same color as the car and why did I have it painted black?

I said "Yea I know... BUT I just got the car a few months ago and havent quite gotten around to popping the engine out to paint that area yet." lie

I wish I had been a member here prior to this as I would have been prepared with a much better response. :violent1: lol

I remember back in the day- goin to the parts yards with my brother and bringing back all kinds of cool parts to put on our cars... I didnt care if they were make/model/year correct. It didnt matter!
Nobody EVER questioned the cool RT emblems on my 72 Charger SE. Try putting RT emblems on a non-RT car nowadays...

Nope, I feel there is no wrong way to build a car

Look at many of these new cars. No sheet metal on the lower quarter panels, just plastic and 90% of people have no problems with that. Its got pretty paint and looks nice

My car didn't come with a fender tag or build sheet. What my smart *** really wants to do is have a fender tag made up with all sorts of BS callouts on it, even make up some just to get the idiots spun up. Something like a triple black hemi sunroof luggage rack convertible leather bench 67 barracuda. Then I can just sit at the car next to mine and watch the mental carnage :glasses7:

When I first joined this site I had just purchased a 73 Dart Sport. I jokingly posted that I was going to put a 454 in it. One of the first replies I received was " you better sell those GM motors and keep them away from Mother Mopar". I have been building Gm trucks for years and don't plan on stopping any time soon. That being said, I have owned a 64 Belvedre , A 66 Fury 111, and a 64 Dodge 3/4 ton crew cab pick up. I have owned Fords. My point is I am not brand specific. There are things I like and Dislike about all of them. If I am building it for you I will build it the way you want it. If I am building it for me then I will build it my way. My blood,my sweat,my pride. I will not disrespect anyones vision and expect the same from you.:coffee2:

I actually go to car shows to get ideas on how to modify my cars. I take lots of pictures and compare to what i like and then go from there.
I also enjoy the restored and original cars there.
Modify it, change it to your tastes, keep it original, it's all up to you.
After all, you are the one paying the money and doing the work.
As for selling parts for a profit, it's a free country and anyone has the right to sell their stuff for whatever they want to.
Don't like it? Don't buy it and butt out!
If someone wants to critisize other people and their cars etc. that's their problem.
You can't please everyone, so please yourself.
I also agree that a lot of people are pretty brave when they are in front of a keyboard, and not to your face.
A lot of people forget about what being a real car ENTHUSIAST is all about.
JMHO,
Tom.

Unless I'm mistaken, most everyone on this thread has missed the OP's point completely. I think his issue isn't about people's behavior at car shows or the non-stock choices folks make on their own cars.

I think what he's saying is, if you wouldn't criticize someone's car to their face (like, at a car show, for example), why is it okay to do so in this (or any other) forum?

Assuming that's his point, he's preachin' to the choir. Try posting around here if you want to hop up a slant six <gasp!>, or swap from manual to power steering or brakes, or use non-Mopar parts on your ride...

Don't get me wrong, I understand that my automotive tastes are likely different than most folks'. But as others have said, I'm building my car, not yours. If you don't have anything positive or useful to contribute to my question, maybe you should just click on another thread.

Yeah, we could all stand to develop thicker skins, but we could all exercise a little more respect for others, too. You can insult me, you can even insult my mother. But my wife, my kids, and my cars are sacred. If you don't have anything nice to say...

i couldnt care less about any numbers matching correct car. i think it is overrated myself. i pulled the "matching numbers" engine out of my duster and put a different motor in it. to the purist and people who buy and sell these cars , it is a big deal , but i dont care either way. im not in this for money or authenticity

he is right

Unless I'm mistaken, most everyone on this thread has missed the OP's point completely. I think his issue isn't about people's behavior at car shows or the non-stock choices folks make on their own cars.

I think what he's saying is, if you wouldn't criticize someone's car to their face (like, at a car show, for example), why is it okay to do so in this (or any other) forum?

Assuming that's his point, he's preachin' to the choir. Try posting around here if you want to hop up a slant six <gasp!>, or swap from manual to power steering or brakes, or use non-Mopar parts on your ride...

Don't get me wrong, I understand that my automotive tastes are likely different than most folks'. But as others have said, I'm building my car, not yours. If you don't have anything positive or useful to contribute to my question, maybe you should just click on another thread.

Yeah, we could all stand to develop thicker skins, but we could all exercise a little more respect for others, too. You can insult me, you can even insult my mother. But my wife, my kids, and my cars are sacred. If you don't have anything nice to say...

Ding Ding Ding, you Win. That's my point exactly:cheers:

It's got to be a general post about what Altered A has observed. I can't imagine anyone criticizing Sheldon's car, it's gorgeous.

-
Back