I hear you ,but cant find you

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
:mad: 70 Dart turn signal flasher, gives me one click then silence. my manual says its by the ash tray left side. well hanging upside down on my bench seat for an hour, still havent located it ! Any tips? will removing ashtray and ashtray bracket help? Im old and large lol Thanks

Pull the drivers seat out first. It likely fell out of the bracket, and is at the bottom of the dash, laughing at you.

its a bench seat lol thats my last resort to take it out lol lol

I think that one is for 4way flasher turn signal should be on left side near fuse box

Reading manual again Challenger is mounted to ash receiver, Dart is supposed to be on right side of steering column Im goin down under again, Oh lord give me strength lol lol

If I can pull and replace the IVR in my dart with everything in place you can do this

Check the bulbs first.
If one or two bulbs is out, then it may not have enough current draw to keep it in action.
Flip the hazzards on as a quick check.

If its in the same location as the 60's, its very hard to see the first time. Its on the side of the ash tray housing.
According the 1970 Dodge Challenger and Dart shop manual, its there.
upload_2020-10-2_11-50-8.png

You need to get one of these things. It's often very helpful.

My apologies, did not intend to pass along incorrect information. I learned something here. Thank you.

Last edited:
They have always been round in my 35 years of owning Mopars, Chevys and Fords.
European cars had square flashers.

EM flasher is by the fuse box.
Turn signal flasher is on right side of the ash tray.

I think that one is for 4way flasher turn signal should be on left side near fuse box

Reading manual again Challenger is mounted to ash receiver, Dart is supposed to be on right side of steering column Im goin down under again, Oh lord give me strength lol lol

On my 73 Dart the signals flasher is just to the right side of the ashtray.

Flasher for Hazzard 4 ways.
upload_2020-10-2_12-55-57.png

Flasher for turn signals
upload_2020-10-2_13-1-12.png

Yup I got it backwards darn dislexia

Manual is 1970 Dodge Challenger & Dodge Dart service manual, Yellow cover downloaded @MyMopar.com

Manual is 1970 Dodge Challenger & Dodge Dart service manual, Yellow cover downloaded @MyMopar.com
Ok I never used this "My Mopar" but between this thread and your horn relay thread it sounds like there is a lot of inaccurate info in there. I'm old school and have several original Mopar Factory Part and Factory Service manuals. You know, printed on real paper by the people who designed and built these cars. The T/S flasher has been on the right side of the ash tray on these old cars forever. All my 62-74 cars are that way. The EM flasher is either on the right or left side of the column depending on the body. Same for all A,B and E bodies. Truck are different.

The 1970 original Mopar Factory Parts Manual shows part number 2932877 for both the T/S and hazard flashers and the ones that I have, if I can find where I put them, are round.
Mattax what is the number on your square flasher? I'm betting its a 175 flasher.
Actually the round ones fit the holder better.

20201002_161929.jpg

ok thanks moparmarks ill check that location next. Thank you for all your help :thumbsup:

Mattax what is the number on your square flasher?
That I don't know. That's the prob the best photo I have of it. Disconnected the harness and left the haz flasher in place.
It's probably the original, where as the turn signal flasher may not be.

As far as 'mymopar' goes they have various scanned documents.
The good. Amongst these are a collection of pdferized factory service manuals, parts books, and now a pretty near complete set of MTSC films and booklets.
The sometimes not so good. They also have a wide assortment of information taken from various unknown sources. This includes scans of wiring diagrams that look to be from Chiltons, Mitchels or Motor books. People often are misled to think these are real factory diagrams. While sometimes useful they are certainly not factory.
The bad. Since the sources are uncredited and much harder to track down the source, which would be useful when there are questions about the information. An example of this is the list of windshield wiper motors.
The Ugly. Some of the information has been taken from current publications, and they put their logo on it, take advertising dollars for displaying it and are not particulaly responsive to removing when challenged.

-
Back