I hope you like my CHROME :P

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Went and pick-up some of the chrome parts today...

P1030019.jpg

P1030014.jpg

P1030017.jpg

P1030018.jpg

And these are stuff I picked up about a mth ago...

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

013.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

And no none of them are new/NOS... all my OLD parts after refurbish...

What do you think?

Man!!!:toothy3: Look at all that bling, I never seen caps shine that good, congratulations :glasses2::thumrigh:

So what is that shipping address we send our parts to in Malaysia ?
LOL
The work does look good.

:thumbup: Gorgeous work!! I've been following your build.....I have a 66 Vert in white too.

Did your 66 taillights have pitting in them before they were rechromed? And, does your chrome shop want
some biz from the US ?

:thumbup: Gorgeous work!! I've been following your build.....I have a 66 Vert in white too.

Did your 66 taillights have pitting in them before they were rechromed? And, does your chrome shop want
some biz from the US ?

Yes they do have some pitting, and still do. Luckily they are mostly hidden from view when you close the trunk lid. Most of the pitting are on the straight side of the bezel, not on the curve side where it would be obvious.

I had a few queries and interest from here and another Mopar forumer about getting chrome work done here and sent back to the US. The thing is, the shop that I sent to is about 2hour drive up north and its a very old-fashioned shop with no website, no emails, no fax - just a landline phone and a cell phone. The best part is none of them speak a single word in English... and work is painfully slow, as you can see here on my rear bumper. Although the work itself is good i must say.

Secondly is the price of shipping especially large items. Small item like bezel and door handles should be ok, but large items are just not economically feasible.

If you are still interested in sending your small parts over for re-chroming, do let me know. The shop is located in my hometown where my mom still lives, so I regularly go there on every other weekend - I can check out yr parts no prob.

Cheers

Syed

Wow! those parts look great. 66's have lots of chrome and aren't cheap to restore. You have some good stuff there! toolmanmike

Very nice ! Does your local chrome shop repair pitting ? I have a right mirror base in poor condition. One pit is hole rotted all the way through. :(

Very nice ! Does your local chrome shop repair pitting ? I have a right mirror base in poor condition. One pit is hole rotted all the way through. :(

Sorry he cant repair pitting that bad :p hehe

But he does a good job at plating though I think.

-
Back