I just bought a new Steering Wheel for my car from PG Classics.

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I just bought a new Steering Wheel for my car from PG Classics. It fit fine and looks great. I had heard some not good things about PG Classics, but this wheel looks great.

SW01.jpg

I had ZERO issues with mine for the '69 Bee. I also have one in the box for the '70 Bird.

I have had been impressed with anything i have purchased from PG Classics. He produces everything in China and that keeps the cost way down. A lot of repop stuff you buy from our north american venders is actually Peters' stuff.

Worth every penny. Having one restored costs as much or more and you will smile every time you slide in and grab that wheel.

You're probably right Mike, but still a shocker.
PG Classics is in Canada. You'd think they could cut Canadians a bit of a break!
VERY nice! I wish the recall wheel would be repopped.
I REALLY wish someone would repop the 69 recall wheel also. I will be the first, or possibly second behind Steve, to buy a set. I wonder how many sets they could sell? That is the kicker, isn't it? Nobody is going to tool up and produce those wheels if they only think thay will sell a hundred sets of them.

Yep, I've heard and seen some real PGClassics horror stories, but I'm in the same boat - got a 1970 DeLuxe wheel fo my 70 Dart and it's great so far!

I think the recall steering wheel was a 66 or 67 model year?
PG Classics is in Canada. You'd think they could cut Canadians a bit of a break!

I REALLY wish someone would repop the 69 recall wheel also. I will be the first, or possibly second behind Steve, to buy a set. I wonder how many sets they could sell? That is the kicker, isn't it? Nobody is going to tool up and produce those wheels if they only think thay will sell a hundred sets of them.

I think the recall steering wheel was a 66 or 67 model year?
Sorry, Steve, when I said wheels, I meant the recalled wheels that tires go on. I was not very clear. Were they made by Kelsey Hays? I saw a pair that were a bit rough for sale a while back for $3200.

Which one did you get?
S79 - it's the high end wheel since the car is an LH23 Dart Custom with the GT option. I think it is the only one of these three that they offer. I think that there is just one manufacturer so it's the same wheel that Classic Ind. and Year One offer and PGClassics had a big sale.

They would probably sell a bunch of those S83 rim blows if they would make them...

They would probably sell a bunch of those S83 rim blows if they would make them...
Probably so. I have my original one and I found a Nice green one that I could cuff and paint B5 if I would just get it done. The rom blow switches (ribbons) are spendy if you can find them.

Sorry, Steve, when I said wheels, I meant the recalled wheels that tires go on. I was not very clear. Were they made by Kelsey Hays? I saw a pair that were a bit rough for sale a while back for $3200.
The K-H wheels were repopped in 15"x7" I think. They were available for awhile until maybe six or seven years ago. They weren't concours reproductions, but they looked nice. Warrior wheels I think they were called. Classic Industries sold them I think. Maybe others.

WarriorWheel.jpg

-
Back