I love Long Island!

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
After living in the city for so long, it's nice to see there's still a thriving car culture out here. All you ever see in Brooklyn are beaters that people park on the street, taxi and gypsy cabs and delivery trucks. Most people take public transportation.

I was cruising down the LIE this evening and I pulled up along side a beautiful Fathom green '69 Camaro 396 with a cowl hood. I see new Challengers almost daily. Of course there's more Mustangs than probably anywhere else in the world (well maybe not Jersey). I see all kinds of old school muscle driving down the roads regularly, it's almost like California out here! Lot of Mopars too, like more than not.

Not to mention there's cruise nights and car shows almost every night within reasonable driving distances. Now if we could just get a dragstrip built somewhere...

Just happy to be living here on the Island, looking forward to cruising my Dart around to all the spots this summer.

- Greg

Right on. I've been seeing a lot of really cool A-bodies in my town lately. A saw someone I know actually driving a really cool '69 Dart GT the other day. And I've been seeing alot of Dusters and such.

Tonight was a good night @ Bellmore train station. Wantaugh south to Sunrise, go west. Meadowbrook Pkwy. south to Sunrise, go East.
Better than half packed to night. Good night for the first semi warm night.

A '74 Dart Sport, Red and scooped, Caged with fatties on the back.
Sweeeeet

Seen a '74 scamp (?) for sale.

4 E body Cuda's, 1 AAR, 1 440-6

Fridays are good there.

I drove through Brooklyn last year and saw quite a few nice cars, GTO Judge vert sitting in a driveway, and a 65 Falcon tubbed are two that I remember.

Rumble, that Red Dart is for sale !! as a roller.. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lots of Mopars Tonight,Saturday
The L.I. mopar club will have there next show on TONIGHT 4-9pm at BURGER King on hempstead turnpike by seafrod/oysterbay entrance ramp.

Tim, the LI mopar club is NOT the Mopar Power Club, right? I've been wanting to check that other Mopar club out for a while now. Tonight is no-good, but let us know when they're next meeting is. I'll come out with my heap.

Too bad I didn't make it out to Bellmore last night. We came *this close* to going, but <sigh....> it's baseball season and my wife wanted to watch the Met game.

Two seprate clubs....... L.I. mopars is tonight at B.K on hempstead turn at the seaford expressway cross over.............
Power club is again at B.K. in Amityville tomorrow,sunday, on sunrise hwy

-
Back