i made a mess after i saw this...

-
Looks like fun to me.
Fuel distribution looks like it would awesome.

but what could you buy/ adapt for 2500 bucks??

a fast system is what?? 5K??

and with EFI you still have the crappy intake issue

I would simply weld inj bungs into a stock intake and then add a tb and megasquirt controller.Im sure I'd be well under $1000 with carefull shopping and some used parts.Plus I'd have better fuel distribution.

WOW! Thats sweet!!:prayer:

My Grampas old 2180 has a set of big webers on it. Way over carbed till you rev it up, then it is just right.:evil2: LOL

Attachments

• 100_0913.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 203
I would simply weld inj bungs into a stock intake and then add a tb and megasquirt controller.Im sure I'd be well under $1000 with carefull shopping and some used parts.Plus I'd have better fuel distribution.

yea but the air speed is very different from port to port...

True but why stop with just fuel inj? Add a turbo and now the air speed factor doesnt matter.That would be the easiest way to deal with it,is to just ignore it !

True but why stop with just fuel inj? Add a turbo and now the air speed factor doesnt matter.That would be the easiest way to deal with it,is to just ignore it !

i go round and around with bill about this...

anybody can do a turbo... building a NA motor to make good power is more rewarding no matter the hp output... turbo car fun and fast yes...

stomping v8's with na 6... even better...

besides... if i get a head mod to work as i plan the MaXX slant will make the same power as a turbo

That price is par for the course - 45dcoe's are horrendously expensive - the price works out to what we will pay for the carb's only over here in RSA.
That said 45's is way to big they flow ~ 2100cfm in total - above what a street slant can handle. a 265 Hemi 6 e37 -e49 spec use that combo to push out from248 to over 300bhp stock - worked engines do 450 bhp...at 6500rpm

are you kidding?? those are one of the best carbs money can buy... easy to tune and make great power....

there is a reason they say its the closest thing you can get to EFI without it...

it's old sckool pricy.

I would study the 225 enigine design..
have fun

I think it's worth it.

Sure it's a big chunk o'change, but if you already have an "A" condition 2 door, it could add some serious value to it if you ever need to sell it.

Webbers are outstanding carburetors and are very easy to work on and tune. A Webber will last 3 times as long as a Holley.

Plus anyone can turbo a slant. That carb setup is pure classic muscle. :pl:

i think it's worth it.

Sure it's a big chunk o'change, but if you already have an "a" condition 2 door, it could add some serious value to it if you ever need to sell it.

Webbers are outstanding carburetors and are very easy to work on and tune. A webber will last 3 times as long as a holley.

Plus anyone can turbo a slant. That carb setup is pure classic muscle. :pl:

amen...

there is a dual SU setup on a 240Z at the pick a part yard, How are those carbs? 2100, way too expensive. Buy this guys setup for a G, sell the intake to a chevy guy, Sell the 4th DRLA to a VW dude and make 6 90 tubes and mount these straight up, forget the hood, who would want to cover these anyway?
$(KGrHqN,!hUE49(f2ZsWBOYhWBJT2w~~60_35.JPG

there is a dual SU setup on a 240Z at the pick a part yard, How are those carbs? 2100, way too expensive. Buy this guys setup for a G, sell the intake to a chevy guy, Sell the 4th DRLA to a VW dude and make 6 90 tubes and mount these straight up, forget the hood, who would want to cover these anyway?
$%28KGrHqN,%21hUE49%28f2ZsWBOYhWBJT2w%7E%7E60_35.JPG

as long as the su's are round top carbs they are very nice! infact i need a set for my 72 z... how much can you get them for?

-
Back