I may not call it restoration but.........

-
I spent a good part of yesterday rebuilding the carb,and today getting the bugs worked out and around 1 this afternoon I was able to get it fired up! I did have a few issues with the timing and idle mixture, still not satisfied with it entirely, but glad it's finally running.
It seems pretty healthy, but has a more noticeable idle than my last 360, same cam specs, may just need to do more tuning. Oil pressure is 60 psi idling hot.:thumbsup:
So far so good. No fluid leaks, definitely an exhaust leak at the right side collector to the pipe, but I expected it, pipe didn't line up very well with the header. Still have to get some seats in it and work on the other issues.
That's awesome bud! Getting closer.

I've been on vacation this week and I have been working on the Dart a few hours each day. It is running now, have not yet taken the first ride yet, but maybe tomorrow.
:thumbsup:
Have put in the rear seat as well as the driver's seat. Gonna wait to put in the passenger seat until I can get the package tray made and in, may get to that tomorrow too. Found a pair of 15" steelies at the local pick a part yesterday, gave them a quick once over with the wire wheel and a wash, then a shot of black paint. Tires aren't great but they will do for now. Couple of pictures of my progress. :)
20200911_211750.jpg
20200911_211805.jpg
20200911_211829.jpg
20200911_212002.jpg

What size tires you running on the back? Those look very nice perfect size! I like the tread on those front ones too. That's a mean looking dart I'm digging the look!

Those rear tires are LT235/75R15, came off a 73 D100 at pick a part. With 4.10s in the rear end I figure I need a tall tire anyway.

You're coming right along, Randy.
Since I visited you on Wednesday, it's starting to take shape more and more each day.
Keep up the good work!

Well, today was a good day, got the Dart running and out for it's maiden voyage. First stop was the gas station around the corner from my house, I pulled in and my buddy and his wife were there, he immediately got his phone and snapped a few pictures. Put in $50 of 91 octane, gauge shows a bit over half. Went for a bit of a ride, still not happy with the way it runs but at least it runs. Trans works great, shifts are really firm, seems to be a manual valve body, chirps on the 1-2 shift under moderate throttle, temperature never got over 190, oil pressure is 45 in gear idling, over 60 as soon as I hit the throttle. After a few miles I even broke down and gave the old clunker a bath, first one in at least 10 years if not 15 or 20. Took another short run before I put it back in the garage. Was planning to do more today but I think I will take the rest of the day off.
:)

I left my cuda sitting in my yard under a car cover with no trunk floor, a cat had a litter of kittens in it.
When I removed the car cover it smelled like cat piss bad, I bought a bottle of Urine Remover from Lowes, sprayed it in the whole car, and hosed it down. Let it dry overnight and it had no smell what so ever.
You may want to consider doing that to the heater box, before you assemble it, the stuff amazed me how well it worked.
Old post........Pine sol works awesome for cat piss!

Well, today was a good day, got the Dart running and out for it's maiden voyage. First stop was the gas station around the corner from my house, I pulled in and my buddy and his wife were there, he immediately got his phone and snapped a few pictures. Put in $50 of 91 octane, gauge shows a bit over half. Went for a bit of a ride, still not happy with the way it runs but at least it runs. Trans works great, shifts are really firm, seems to be a manual valve body, chirps on the 1-2 shift under moderate throttle, temperature never got over 190, oil pressure is 45 in gear idling, over 60 as soon as I hit the throttle. After a few miles I even broke down and gave the old clunker a bath, first one in at least 10 years if not 15 or 20. Took another short run before I put it back in the garage. Was planning to do more today but I think I will take the rest of the day off.
:)
Seems like u took more than a day off. Lol.

-
Back