I need a grommet badly!

-

Ruger64

Reaction score
My 71 Valiant....
the antenna comes in through the kick panel area.
The rubber grommet for the antenna wire is missing where it comes through the hole.
So there is a gap around the wire, and driving in the rain....well.....I get water running down behind the kick panel. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

I checked both, no good. Thanks though. Great sites to keep bookmarked!

You might want to chk at Ace Hardware in the drawers where they have the fasteners and such.
Pretty sure they have those.

Have you tried Harbor Freight? They have a box of assorted grommets that may work and at a reasonable price !!

Funny you brought them up. I am going there this weekend. I buy certain things there!

Go to a glass shop or body shop and ask for calk strip that one would use to seal plastic sheeting to door behind door panel. It looks like a 1/8 inch sticky rope, and can be forced into and around antenna cable to seal out weather.

A second item that will work is sealing putty electricians use to seal an entrance cable where it enters an electric meter. It can be can be found at a big box store such as Lowes, looks like a little soft mushy gray brick about 4” x 2 ½” x ¾” wrapped in plastic.

Go to a glass shop or body shop and ask for calk strip that one would use to seal plastic sheeting to door behind door panel. It looks like a 1/8 inch sticky rope, and can be forced into and around antenna cable to seal out weather.

A second item that will work is sealing putty electricians use to seal an entrance cable where it enters an electric meter. It can be can be found at a big box store such as Lowes, looks like a little soft mushy gray brick about 4” x 2 ½” x ¾” wrapped in plastic.

hey I have used that stuff for the electrical service on my house, when we upgraded to 150 amp. Thats an excellent idea.

-
Back