Howard's lifters (bleed down)
Edelbrock torker intake
670 CFM Holley Avenger vac secondary
MSD 6 box Yellow Accell coil mopar dizzy
904 trans 2800 stall in drive 5500rpm shift
3.91 sure grip m/t 27.5×8.5 street slick
3500# SCAMP 12.34 Sec 108mph 1/4

Advice for
1 do I rebuild an old 800 Holley double pumper spread bore(it's under my bench)
2 advice on carb and timing settings base timing mechanical advance do I run any vacuum because this is still a street car

Or is that the max performance on stroker ?

Thanks

Do you know the existing curve in your distributor?

I used mr. Gasket 9258 Spring and the lighter oe spring limited the mechanical advance to approximately 20 degrees ??
That's all last season my memory is not that great should be writing this stuff down
I believe the maximum mechanical advance total all-in was 38 degrees
Total is all in at 2500 rpm

Screenshot_20210308-221640.png

I don't think the torker intake will accept a spreadbore carb without an adapter.Nothing wrong with doing it that way.I would expect most people to recommend a 750 double pumper in your application.If you have the hood clearance for a spacer and want to try the 800 then go for it.

I would think the magnum head wouldn't necessarily want 38* but I am far from an expert.

Advice for
1 do I rebuild an old 800 Holley double pumper spread bore(it's under my bench)
2 advice on carb and timing settings base timing mechanical advance do I run any vacuum because this is still a street car

Or is that the max performance on stroker ?
HELLO fellow Manitoban,

You installed your cam at 6* retarded?
That would be in at 116* right?
With 10.2 Scr right?
Why?
The math says at 108mph you should be trapping at 5160 at zero-slip; say 5680 at 10% slip in the TC. So you'll be wanting a power peak around 5380?

My 367 went 106@3650 me in it, with a 270/110 cam, so IMO, your stroker should have a lot more in it. At those stats; 3500 RACEWEIGHT, The Wallace Calculator says your stroker is rocking ~335/365 hp
But something is wrong in the stats;
By the trapspeed it shows 335hp, but
by the ET 367hp
which is backwards..so, I think that is pointing to either;
Wrong raceweight; at 3700 Raceweight, you in it, she spits out , 357hp; That's more like it
But if in fact 3500 is correct, then the crossed numbers may be pointing to the retarded cam. And the small carb MAY not be helping. So, before I would mess with the carb, I would fix the cam-timing; IMO; You need to put the cam back to about 108, on account of, in at 116 is messed up.. And then you may find that the trapspeed will want less rear gear, which is sorta unusual.

But as a street car;
Yes you ought to keep the vacuum advance.

Last edited:
I do have a spread bore adapter and a six pack hood scoop no issue with hood cleance now

I installed cam retarded to idle better, less power/torque to aid traction when launching, and move hp curve up
Currently 60' 1.70 sec
10 2 is static compress

Last edited:
I installed cam retarded to idle better, less power/torque to aid traction when launching, and move hp curve up
Currently 60' 1.70 sec
Well then, you got the wrong cam. or too much compression for it.

Here's why;
IIRC that cam is 274/280/110
If it is,
Then in at 116, your durations are;
274/107/116/280/57/ Ica of 73*, (Intake/Comp/power/exhaust/overlap.)
And so, your Effective overlap is 42* down from 57*, which is a loss of 15*, and the equivalent to between 3 and 4 cam sizes, so no wonder she's down on power.
Your compression degrees are just 107, down from say 115, so more power lost right there.
The exhaust valve is not opening until 116*ATDC on the Powerstroke, ridiculously late. and not closing until 36* ATDC, now on the Intake stroke; So your chambers probably never really finish scavenging, leaving lots of exhaust gasses still inside, ready to pollute the intake charge So when the intake finally opens at just 21* The exhaust scavenging is out of time and reduced to near zero effectiveness. So the Piston is forced into pulling the plenum mixture in, all by itself.
With an Ica of 73*, the Wallace predicts your cylinder pressure to be 150 measly psi, down from 162 when installed at 109.
Whereas
In at 109 the durations are;
274/114/109/280/57/Ica of 66* and Effective overlap of 56*/Badaboom; nowyurtalking

There's way better ways to soften the low-rpm hit; and
way better ways to smooth out the idle;
than retarding the cam.
Start by retiming the cam to 109, then work on the timing.
To smooth the idle, first get the Transfer slots synced up, which may require Bypass-Air, then retard the timing.
Try 14* Idle-timing, 34* Power-Timing, and slow the rate of advance. With cylinder pressure over 160, you will need to run best gas at WOT, and probably delay the all-in to after 3400. If your 60ft takes a dump, fix the traction issues. Not spinning?/ get a higher stall TC.
If you get into detonation issues, you have some options;
1) reduce your cylinder pressure,
2) get a bigger cam
3) anti-detonation injection.
4) Alloy heads
IMO
The 670 may not be optimum, but until the tires stop spinning, it is still bigger than it needs to be. It's a good size for a streeter. And on the Torquer intake, it's probably just right. Once you get the cam timing back to normal, and the ignition timing sorted, you'll see that 670 come alive; right now, the plenum is severely messed up at rpm.
In at 109 the durations are;
274/114/109/280/57/Ica of 66* and Effective overlap of 56*/Badaboom

Last edited:
I'm a slow learner;
I took my 367 apart FIVE times to get it right. It now goes 93 in the Eighth with a 276/286/110 cam, at 3457 pounds (me in it), with 3.55s and a Commando 4-speed. The 60fts are 2.2 to 2.4 with 325/50-15 BFG DRs. I'm at 930 ft. I used 900 ft in the Wallace for your combo, having assumed that you are closer to the RedRiver than am I.
93 in the Eighth, translates to IIRC 115 in the Quarter, which has the POTENTIAL to go 11s..
The Wallace says 115@3457 pounds is ~410 hp, and 93 is 433hp.

With a stroker and about same-sized cam, your combo should kill mine.
Start with retiming the cam; I choose 109* if I got the cam right at 274/280/110. If that is wrong, then so is my 109

Hang tuff, there are smarter guys than me here on FABO, and I expect they will be along shortly.

Fyi Quench?? distance between piston and head less than .050" but more than .035" ....I was told this help reduce detinition

38 degrees is too much for a closed chamber magnum head for all in IMO. Run max advance around 34-35. Run whatever initial gets the transfer slots happy and the idle speed you want. Then for a street car, bring vacuum advance in. You could probably bring 15 more degrees in for cruise MPG. FYI @AJ/FormS is right on again IMO If you had to back up the cam that far it’s the wrong cam.

Also, you need more carb. The 800 sounds about right but I don’t like spreadbore carbs.

Also, you need more carb. The 800 sounds about right but I don’t like spreadbore carbs.
Agreed.
Except for 318s and stockish 360s on account of the legendary TQ moan. Ima thinking they shouldda made those to be 3bbls; inline front to back; A monster in the middle and smaller, much smaller outboards,lol. Like a 6-pac but all in one body, and more compact, and still the AirValve, one fuel bowl. BadaBOOM!

Last edited:
I am useing secondary throttle hard stop to adjust idle while keeping primary in correct transfer slot area

Great info
I have been a tec for many years but not an engine builder...
Time slip from Gimili
Just 2 1/8 track neer me

Last edited:
If you retarded the cam 6* & idle improved, should be in the Guinness book of records....

I sortof agree with Bewy.

But, if you started at, in at 106 for example, your Ica would have been 64degrees, and your pressure at 900 ft elevation, with an Scr of 10.2 is predicted to be...... wait for it.... 165psi.
With iron heads, that's gonna be a tough tune on 91 gas, even with your tight-Q.
But the Wallace calculator gives us another clue; the VP is up to a whopping 159. Read about VP here; V/P Index Calculation
This number indicates a very strong bottom end, that about matches my 11/1 367. So I know exactly what that feels like since I run a 10.97 starter gear with my 4-speed versus your 9.58 plus TC.
Now I have about the same sized cam that you have. Mine is 276/286/110 measured at .008 tappet rise,compared to your 274/280(guessing)/110 , but Comps are usually measured at .006 tappet rise. So mine, measured at .006 will be a lil bigger than the quoted numbers. Hang with me;
So far, our engines should idle very similarly, in terms of smoothness, and will want very similar idle-tunes.

First, I gotta tell you a story;
My engine will idle down to 550rpm, and will pull itself at that rpm, (4-speed and 3.55s) on hard level,flat ground. But it requires the timing to be backed off to 5*. Which I do electronically.
I run an RPM AirGap, a 750DP, and fresh cold above hood air.
To do this 550 business, the transfer slots have to be as good as perfect.
She would not do it with the secondaries cracked. It seems the back cylinders went lean, and the engine stalled.
So, I closed the secondaries up tight, but not sticking, and instead, I supplied the required bypass air by drilling holes in the primary throttle blades. That solved that.
My cam is in at 108.... because that splits the overlap nicely to an Effective of 60*.. The rest of my durations are
276/114/105/286/61/ Ica of 66* and Effective overlap of 60
If you put yours in at 109, you will get
274/114/109/280/57/Ica of 66, and Effective overlap of 56*
So then, it should run like mine except a lil tamer.

Ok so now I'll guess as to why your combo was not "smooth".
A) it's a big cam, it never will. Why? For 2 reasons;
1) with an Ica of 66* the piston is on it's way back up to TDC compression more than 1/3 of the way, when the intake finally closes. This means at LOW rpm, the piston will pump some of that just inducted mixture back up into the intake plenum. So, that messes up the intake, reduces the vacuum making it difficult for the carb to meter even close to what the engine wants, and the engine has to run on what's left over.
2) during the overlap cycle, both valves are open. This is as a result of the long intake and exhaust durations. But, it was discovered long ago, that when your cam is designed like this, it puts a nice lil power bulge on you power curve by the working of the headers, at higher rpms, and especially so thru the power peak. Saweet. No headers no so much workee.
However, at low rpm, the headers yank on the intake manifold so hard, that some of that plenum mixture goes right across the piston and out the header pipes. But if you don't have headers, you don't get that pull. With log iron manifolds, instead, the exhaust pressure is higher than what is in the intake, so during that overlap cycle, the exhaust easily moves into the intake, and voila; EGR without the hardware.
Ok so those are the mechanical reasons

Now we'll talk about the tune.
1) the number one reason for rough running is insufficient engine temp
2) the third most likely, is DRY air entering thru the secondaries , causing the back cylinders grief.
3) the second most likely reason, in YOUR combo with proper cam-timing, is probably, too much Idle -Advance.
Here's the story;
Running at idle, your engine will like 25 to 35 flipping degrees of timing. Here's how you can tell how much yours wants; Just pull the timing in while simultaneously keeping the idle speed at say 750 rpm. Just reset the mixture screws as may be required and keep on advancing until the rpm no longer rises. Now read the timing.
Of course you can't drive it like that... for two or three reasons;
1) the transfer slot is pretty much closed, and as soon as you step on the gas, the engine will want to stall.
2) But if you can get her past that, she will probably detonate severely, and
3) if it actually is driveable, the power-pulses will be so strong, your 2800TC will hammer the tires unmercifully. Why is is this? Three reasons, your cranking cylinder pressure is nearly 165psi. But at closed throttle may only be say 90psi. This gets multiplied in a running engine by the expanding gasses to perhaps 8 or more times as much , lets say just 5 times as much. Which is then 450psi. with a 4.02inch bore, this comes to say 5700pounds of force. Depending on where the crank is, this could make up to 950 ftlbs to the crank, for a brief moment at 750 rpm. And of course a V8 fires 4 times per revolution so it's
BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM
Yeah that's pretty rough when you have a clutch. Your 2800 will soften it some.
But there is an easy cure for that ! incredibly easy. Just retard the idle timing so she doesn't make as much torque............
Everybody wants to run big Idle-timing, like a drag-car, but in a streeter. That might work with a 3500 or better stall speed, but IMO, there is NO good reason to try that. Put the timing into the rate of advance instead and or, if you have to, run a 2-stage curve. This is so easy to fix.
The Science says that for optimum power, you need to have max pressure delivered to the crank at between 25 and 28 degrees AFTER TDC. So your job, as a tuner, is to try and make that happen; by starting the fire earlier. At idle, that might take 25 to 35 degrees of advance. At WOT and after 3500, it might only take 30 to 36 degrees to get it done. The slower you spin it, the more advance it will take to get the magic max pressure in the window of 25 to 28 degrees.
But, As I have already shown you, too much idle timing just causes the power pulses to hammer the tires, hammer your kidneys, and I feel so bad for the poor u-joints,lol.
In your streeter,
at WOT, the first time your engine remotely cares about ignition timing is at the stall speed. So with a 2800TC, below that, you can run absolutely any timing your engine wants. The next place she cares is somewhere between 3000 and 3600. Max timing is generally 34 to 36, on nearly any brand internal combustion engine. The more efficient the chamber, the less it will take.
But the zone from 2800 to 3600 is generally the hardest to get right, cuz everybody wants to run on the edge there. But; think about this for a sec, how much power will you lose between 3000 and 3600 rpm, at WOT, by having the timing not right in that zone? I'll tell you this; you will lose more power if the engine goes into detonation, than you can ever get with 3,4, maybe even 6 degrees not enough timing.. Furthermore, we are not talking about big numbers here. At max power, on the dyno, when published by the shop, I iroutinely I see 7 or 8 hp lost with 2degrees not enough timing. How much is that at 3200 say? IDK, but with a stroker, I wouldn't care one bit. Heck, I don't even care with my 367. With an automatic, shifting at 5500 say, on the 2-3 shift, the Rs will fall to about 3800, so why would you hunt for the max-timing edge, at any less than that? On the 1-2 shift, the Rs will fall from 5600 to 3300, but your tires will be spinning, and your engine on the rev-limiter, so again, as soon as you shift, even with just 350 hp your tires will just keep on spinning. So who cares if the timing is even several degrees short of perfect.
So what I'm saying is, as a streeter, and a newbe, forget trying to find the magic numbers. You have a stroker that should make quite a bit more than 400 horsepower, and with the 2800 and 3.91s, should be spinning any street tire to well over the speed limit most anywhere in Canada. So. So , forget trying for the magic numbers.lol. That's my opinion.
Instead, concentrate on the following;
If your car was mine;
1) you got headers right? If yes then I would back the cam up to 109. If no on the headers, you are so screwed.
2) My combo runs at 205*F minimum coolant temp; that's where my combo runs best, so I would make that happen. My cooling system never exceeds 207*F. This makes the tune so much easier when the temp is rock-steady.
3) I run fresh cold above-hood air, rammed straight down into the airhorn. Why? because ambient air runs about a 30 degree maximum swing here in Manitoba. So the tune I put in in spring, runs the same all summer.
4) I would take the carb off, flip it over, set the transfer slots to a lil taller than wide, just enough so I can tell. Then reset the mixture screws to 50% of their working range, about 3/4T on a Holley-type or 2.5 on a Carter-type. I would close those secondaries up tight but not sticking. And then re-install the carb.
5) I love that big yellow square-top Accell coil.
I would; defeat the V-can for now. Then reset the Idle-Timing to no more than 14*, and limit the centrifugal to 20 Degrees more, for a total of 34*. I would put a 2-stage timing curve in it for 28* at 2800stall, and all-in at 3400.
6) Then I would warm it up on the fast-idle cam. Then I would fix the idle speed (cuz it will probably be too slow). The engine will want some IdleBypass air.
What I do is drill one small hole in each primary blade. I put it on the front side between the transfer slot and the idle-discharge port, and about half-way between the front edge and the throttle shaft. Then I chamfer both sides.
Here's how I figure out how big the holes will need to be;
I Tee into the PCV line, which dumps into the correct general area, or is supposed to, namely on the front of the carb and just below the primary blades. I stick any old metal pipe into the tee, that seals, and pinch the exposed end shut. I leave about 3 inches showing, not important. Then I drill TWO holes of 5/64 as starters. Clean it out, install it, fire it up, and check the idle speed. Repeat by 1or2/64 until you get to 650rpm for now, But do not exceed 7/32; I don't think you will need even that much.
Next, I would put it in gear and make sure it doesn't bang into gear, nor stall. and then, I would take it for a ride, and see how she transitions from throttle closed to just barely open, to make sure she doesn't have a tip-in sag; cuz those really suck.
If you have a sag, increase the idle-speed with the speed screw, 50 rpm, so now at 700 in neutral. Try going into gear again, no stall/ and no banging. Then another roadtest. Make sure you are properly looking for a sag, from throttle closed on the speed-screw to ever so slightly off-idle. Don't get confused with pumpshot.
That should do it.
Now measure your holes, and drill the plates accordingly.
Now, re-install the Vcan on the sparkport,rev it up to 2400 rpm and put it on the nearest fast-idle step. Next work the mixture screws for the highest rpm, then richen it up 1/4 turn, both sides the same, then kick it off the fast idle.
7) If you have done everything as detailed;
This is as smooth as it gets, at 14* Idle-timing. If you want smoother, just retard the timing some more, 3degrees atta time. But don't go crazy looking for smooth; a 274/110 is about 2 sizes from a drag-race cam, it will never be very smooth with that cam, or any other brand like it. .
When you retard the timing; the Idle rpm will go down too, so that will require a change in the Bypass air, and a slight re-adjustment of the transfer-slot exposure. .........
8) But if
it seems that the engine is still too rough, Do a LeakDown test, looking for valves not closing.
9) but if that don't get you smooth, try running the engine a lil cooler or a lil hotter.
10) In my combo, I first installed my rings with not enough ring gap. And yes after failing to find the problem anywhere else, I took the engine out and refit the rings.
11) My 367 at 750 idle displays a barely perceptible lope, and while not dead-smooth, If I had not installed and measured that 276/110 cam myself, I would almost swear that it ain't a 276/110 cam,lol.
Ok so as I said;
that is what I would do.

done

Last edited:
Thank you for all the info

Yes jt has a set of typical long tube headers
- will the 1.6 rocker ratio change any thing (Mag heads)
- I have a 2" open carb spacer ...a chevy buddy idea
- 6 pac hood scoop jnto k/n top and side air filter

Thank you for all the info

1) Yes jt has a set of typical long tube headers
2) will the 1.6 rocker ratio change any thing (Mag heads)
3) I have a 2" open carb spacer ...a chevy buddy idea
4) 6 pac hood scoop jnto k/n top and side air filter

1) great
2) not much; about 7% more lift by the math, and a couple of degrees of duration. I put 1.6s on my LA
3) On the Torquer, IDK. probably overkill, but doubt it hurts.
4) That will work nicely, unless hot underhood air gets in there.

@AJ/FormS why do you drill the primary throttle plates for bypass air instead of cracking the secondaries?

@AJ/FormS why do you drill the primary throttle plates for bypass air instead of cracking the secondaries?

On a regular carb, that does not have 4-corner idle; when you crack the secondaries for idle-air; that air is dry and has no fuel in it. So the back cylinders go lean, and the engine idles rough.
It will always have a rough idle, cuz the front cylinders are not only doing most of the work, but are also dragging the back ones along..
To compensate, you have to either
1) add more fuel in the primaries, and then the front cylinders go rich. or
2) increase the timing, or
3) crank the idle speed up.......
all of which are bandaids,
Yeah with an automatic, you can make that work, cuz you have the fluid coupling. But the final result is, the engine will not idle down sufficiently for first gear operation with a 4-speed at very low rpm. With an automatic, you can get away with a lot of things, that you cannot, with a manual trans.

So if you have a 4-corner idle carb, that's cool, you can crack the secondaries and or introduce idle-fuel thru the rear mixture screws.

But your cam size (274/110) is on the borderline of being too small for use with a 4-corner idle system, because; you will have to adjust the screws so small and so fine, that you may not be able to get the transfer slots set right. So what usually happens is the guys will just live with it.
I'm not that kindof guy. I'm the other one, that tries to idle it down to 550 (or less) and still have enough power to idle around the parking lot. I can only do that when the transfer slot exposure is just right, otherwise she stalls under load.
But hang on; with an automatic, it only has to idle slow enough,
> that it doesn't pull too hard when stopped
> doesn't stall going into gear, nor bang hard
> is free from the dreaded tip-in sag.
But it never fails to impress me when I hear an automatic chugging across the parking lot, just above stalling, going
ka-chunkachunk-ka-chunkachunk..... cuz I know somebody put some time into making that happen.
BTW1
I've been drilling those holes since the 70s. I can't say right or wrong, but it works with no downside. If you can figure out how to get fuel into that dry air, without affecting the primaries, I'm all ears. The proof that whatever you are doing is working, is by how slow you can make it idle, and she won't stall going into gear, nor hesitate when you tip the throttles in.
BTW2
Some guys worry that at too slow an rpm, the oilpump will not supply sufficient oil.
I think that is a valid worry.
But to that I counter this; every time you start your engine, it has zero oil pressure, and all the oil has drained out of the rods, or at least most of them. Yet we do that hundreds of times every summer, for many many summers..
At 550 rpm, my 367 has just enough power to pull itself on flat level hard ground, and if I turn too sharp, the SureGrip slows her right down. My first defense is to crank more timing into her, and if I have to, I toe the clutch. She will chug, down to 500, but she may not recover.

I do have a spread bore adapter and a six pack hood scoop no issue with hood cleance now

Currently 60' 1.70 sec
10 2 is static compress
That sounds counter productive?

On a regular carb, that does not have 4-corner idle; when you crack the secondaries for idle-air; that air is dry and has no fuel in it. So the back cylinders go lean, and the engine idles rough.
It will always have a rough idle, cuz the front cylinders are not only doing most of the work, but are also dragging the back ones along..
To compensate, you have to either
1) add more fuel in the primaries, and then the front cylinders go rich. or
2) increase the timing, or
3) crank the idle speed up.......
all of which are bandaids,
Yeah with an automatic, you can make that work, cuz you have the fluid coupling. But the final result is, the engine will not idle down sufficiently for first gear operation with a 4-speed at very low rpm. With an automatic, you can get away with a lot of things, that you cannot, with a manual trans.

So if you have a 4-corner idle carb, that's cool, you can crack the secondaries and or introduce idle-fuel thru the rear mixture screws.

But your cam size (274/110) is on the borderline of being too small for use with a 4-corner idle system, because; you will have to adjust the screws so small and so fine, that you may not be able to get the transfer slots set right. So what usually happens is the guys will just live with it.
I'm not that kindof guy. I'm the other one, that tries to idle it down to 550 (or less) and still have enough power to idle around the parking lot. I can only do that when the transfer slot exposure is just right, otherwise she stalls under load.
But hang on; with an automatic, it only has to idle slow enough,
> that it doesn't pull too hard when stopped
> doesn't stall going into gear, nor bang hard
> is free from the dreaded tip-in sag.
But it never fails to impress me when I hear an automatic chugging across the parking lot, just above stalling, going
ka-chunkachunk-ka-chunkachunk..... cuz I know somebody put some time into making that happen.
BTW1
I've been drilling those holes since the 70s. I can't say right or wrong, but it works with no downside. If you can figure out how to get fuel into that dry air, without affecting the primaries, I'm all ears. The proof that whatever you are doing is working, is by how slow you can make it idle, and she won't stall going into gear, nor hesitate when you tip the throttles in.
BTW2
Some guys worry that at too slow an rpm, the oilpump will not supply sufficient oil.
I think that is a valid worry.
But to that I counter this; every time you start your engine, it has zero oil pressure, and all the oil has drained out of the rods, or at least most of them. Yet we do that hundreds of times every summer, for many many summers..
At 550 rpm, my 367 has just enough power to pull itself on flat level hard ground, and if I turn too sharp, the SureGrip slows her right down. My first defense is to crank more timing into her, and if I have to, I toe the clutch. She will chug, down to 500, but she may not recover.
Thanks for the reply. But it generated another question. Are you locating the holes in your throttle blades such that they act on the transfer slots and that’s how you introduce more fuel with the air they provide?

I have to assume that is a closed chamber head. I run 22 degress of base timing and 10 degrees mechanical. Total 32, my x headed 410 has always been very sensitive to total timing. 2 degrees either way and it falls off bad. Idles fine, even with a somewhat aggressive cam. These tend to like big carbs. I ran a mighty demon 825 wet flow on it back when it was 10:1 and it ran fine.

Thanks for the reply. But it generated another question. Are you locating the holes in your throttle blades such that they act on the transfer slots and that’s how you introduce more fuel with the air they provide?
No, I detailed where I put them in a previous post. I don't want them to do anything at the transferslot. That thought never actually occurred to me,lol.
As soon as you tip in the throttle, they do less and less and by the time the plates stand vertical, they do nothing.
Where exactly they are on the front of the blades I don't think is critical. I just put them in "the vicinity" of the low-speed discharge ports somewhere in between, so it will be fully homogenized before it hits the floor of the dualplain, or somewhere along the length of the runner, before it gets into the chamber. My biggest hope is that it will help smash the fuel droplets into a tiny-particle mist that is ready and eager to ignite, and those droplets will not desire to stick to the relatively cold runner walls, of my AirGap intake. When you get that working, you can lean it out a bit, and your throttle-response will become blazingly fast. Put a double-pumper on it, and you might be able to stomp the gaspedal at anything over, in my combo, I think 1500rpm; maybe less. (4speed and 10.97 starter gear.)

Last edited:
-
Back