I need help to bury my cousin.

-
hello bkbond12....

first, i'm sorry for your loss. i've had a recent death in my family and there is never a "better" time to suffer a loss, however, close to thanksgiving and christmas is a "worse" time to go through a funeral.

some of the comments and concerns here at FABO are understandable ... some are a little over the top and not necessary. however, please allow me to offer you a simple suggestion that will allay fears of fraud by FABO readers AND help you out.

please find a funeral home close by your home that you would like to handle the arrangements for your cousin. tell the director that you are seeking donations to help out the family with the costs. then after you have that meeting, post the name of the funeral home, their address and phone number and the name of the director that you spoke with here on this thread. once you have done that, i will contact the funeral home to verify the details of the funeral. if everything checks out during my phone call, i will send the home a check for $500.00 to be applied to your service costs. i will also post on FABO that i have verified the funeral home information and that i have sent some money on your behalf and post the person at the home to send any donations to on your behalf. no funeral home is going to engage in any fraud or theft regarding donations - especially donations solicited over the internet - because such actions would be an interstate crime and a felony under federal law.

every family has faced a crisis and sometimes we all need help. everyone should help their fellow humans if possible. however, when someone is asking for money, you have to be careful. there are dishonest folks out there. by removing yourself from the actual receipt of any money the noted issues are addressed.

i will check FABO regularly for the next five days to see if you provide the funeral home information. if you do, i will follow through with my contribution committment.

my prayers are with your family.

James L. Coster, Esquire
Pittsburgh, PA
"jimharvard" on FABO

Jim, that is beyond generous. I will PM you the information today.

Thank you very much.

Jim, PM with all the information requested has been sent. If you need to know anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me here or by phone (call or text, number is in the PM).

Thank you again.

To fellow FABO members....

BkBond12 emailed me the following information:

Funeral Home: Whitley Memorial Funeral Home, 330 North Westnedge Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
Phone number: 269-488-2401.
Point of Contact: Jerome Whitley
Name of Deceased: Michael Long

I called the funeral home and spoke to mr. whitley. he verified all the information that BkBond12 had posted here on FABO. I was sufficiently convinced of the legitimacy of BkBond12's request for donations after talking to mr. whitley that i went ahead and processed a $500.00 payment with mr. whitley to be credited to the expenses of michael long.

BkBond12's situation is, unfortunately, real and legitimate. if anyone here at FABO can help this family out with whatever you might be able to contribute it would certainly be helpful. if you call the funeral home directly, you can make a contribution over the phone with a credit card.

my prayers go out to BkBond12's family and friends of the deceased. i was happy to have been able to help a fellow FABO member out in a time of need.

jim coster
pittsburgh, pa

To fellow FABO members....

BkBond12 emailed me the following information:

Funeral Home: Whitley Memorial Funeral Home, 330 North Westnedge Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
Phone number: 269-488-2401.
Point of Contact: Jerome Whitley
Name of Deceased: Michael Long

I called the funeral home and spoke to mr. whitley. he verified all the information that BkBond12 had posted here on FABO. I was sufficiently convinced of the legitimacy of BkBond12's request for donations after talking to mr. whitley that i went ahead and processed a $500.00 payment with mr. whitley to be credited to the expenses of michael long.

BkBond12's situation is, unfortunately, real and legitimate. if anyone here at FABO can help this family out with whatever you might be able to contribute it would certainly be helpful. if you call the funeral home directly, you can make a contribution over the phone with a credit card.

my prayers go out to BkBond12's family and friends of the deceased. i was happy to have been able to help a fellow FABO member out in a time of need.

jim coster
pittsburgh, pa

Jim,
You sir are an amazing individual. Thank you for your kind words, support and generous donation. If there is anything I can ever do to return the favor, you only have to ask. I will definitely be paying your kindness forward as I have always tried to do. Thank you again.

Excellent, Jim. What a fantastic gesture. Lets NOT kill all the lawyers.

Awesome, Jim. Thank you for allaying a lot of fears and helping with this.

To all of the naysayers, it would be nice if an apology was issued. I'll not hold my breath, though.

so...

you know why some lab researchers have started using lawyers instead of rats for their experiments? the researches found that they were getting too emotionally attached to the rats.

what do you do when you have five lawyers up to their necks in concrete? get more concrete.

now on a more serious note.....

i had been in a very bad part of iraq (ramadi) for about three months and had established a schedule where i got up every morning exactly at 7:00 a.m. when my alarm clock would go off. for some odd reason, one night before i went to bed, i was messing with the clock. i figured "what's an additional five minutes of sleep going to matter?" and re-set my clock to 7:05 a.m. the next morning, at EXACTLY 7:00 a.m., a 122mm rocket slammed into the wall at the foot of my bed blowing up my room throwing me and my roomate to the floor. i suffered some shrapnel wounds as hundreds of pieces of sharp hot metal had flown around the room - a great deal of which were imbedded in the wall about two feet above my bed. the dresser where i kept my uniform, "flak vest", helmet and m-16 was blown up and all the stuff was scattered around the room. had i not have moved my alarm clock 5 minutes ahead the night before, i would have been standing beside the dresser when the explosion ocurred. needless-to-say, i would not have been around to join FABO if i had not made that simple change.

i believe God saved my life in iraq that morning. when i returned home, it took me several years to "return home." during that time, a very large personal injury case literally "dropped out of the sky" into my hands through a series of events that no one would believe. i received a very large fee from that case. i believe that God does work miracles and that He does intervene in people's lives. i now try to do what i can to help others. as someone once said, "no person can help everyone, but everyone can help someone."

sometimes a little means a lot to someone depending on what kind of day they're having. so today, consider paying for the car behind you at the drive-up window, or the guy's coffee next to you at the 7-11, or whatever you can to touch another person.

yea... that's all pretty heavy stuff... but when i try to do these things, i just laugh it off and forget about it and go on with my day....

wishing everyone at FABO a great thanksgiving and a blessed christmas... and i really do appreciate all your kind thoughts and words....

jim c....

Jim, For what it's worth. I salute you!:salute::salute: You are a true gentlemen.
From one Vet to another! Glad you made it home, and thank-you for your service

Jim, For what it's worth. I salute you!:salute::salute: You are a true gentlemen.
From one Vet to another! Glad you made it home, and thank-you for your service

Well said! Jim you have made a significant difference in someones life that they or I wont forget.
Thank you and a great Christmas to you as well.

I've met Travis (bkbond) personally, and knew he would not pull a scam here, or anywhere else! He is a fine upstanding young man, and I am very sorry to hear of this loss! I'm glad he also offered the Paypal account as I will be donating also! My prayers are going out to his entire family, and to all who knew Mike! May he rest in Gods hands and be without the pain and suffering of his earthly wounds!! God bless you Travis, and your entire family! Geof

I've met Travis (bkbond) personally, and knew he would not pull a scam here, or anywhere else! He is a fine upstanding young man, and I am very sorry to hear of this loss! I'm glad he also offered the Paypal account as I will be donating also! My prayers are going out to his entire family, and to all who knew Mike! May he rest in Gods hands and be without the pain and suffering of his earthly wounds!! God bless you Travis, and your entire family! Geof

Thank you Geof.

I saw his wounds buddy and I was in the room when the Medical Examiner said, "Off the record, there is no way Mike could've received the type of wounds he had from a fall or from being in the cold."

Yeah, he had been drinking, and yeah he was probably running his mouth, but he did get his *** whooped and was left out in the snow. It was the snow and cold that killed him, but being knocked around sure didn't helped. The "homeowner" listed in the article is the mother/grandmother of the two individuals who put the hurting on him. I wasn't there, but I've heard from individuals who were that afterwards, they "drove" him home. Yet, I'm sure the news always get everything accurate.
Well I`ll be the first to be man enough to apologize and I hope you accept my apology. Your medical examiner needs to go "ON THE RECORD" with his/her thoughts and your law enforcement needs to reinvestigate this case and bring justice for your cousin. These guys may have not intended to kill him but for their actions the man did die and that is a homicide, unintenional manslaughter, whatever.
I have a cousin that his wife shot him in the head "accidentlly",so she says. He survived but is pretty much a veg as I understand. I did`nt mean to come off so insensitive, just a bad part of my personality I need to work on. I have 2 pages full of scammers names from this site and lost 1 full page. Please forgive my skeptisizm.
Grant

Well I`ll be the first to be man enough to apologize and I hope you accept my apology. Your medical examiner needs to go "ON THE RECORD" with his/her thoughts and your law enforcement needs to reinvestigate this case and bring justice for your cousin. These guys may have not intended to kill him but for their actions the man did die and that is a homicide, unintenional manslaughter, whatever.
I have a cousin that his wife shot him in the head "accidentlly",so she says. He survived but is pretty much a veg as I understand. I did`nt mean to come off so insensitive, just a bad part of my personality I need to work on. I have 2 pages full of scammers names from this site and lost 1 full page. Please forgive my skeptisizm.
Grant

It takes a big man to apologize! Thank You for being that man, I'm sure the OP will appreciate it!

Grant

Grant, everyone here understands where you were coming from. I agree, 3 pages of scammer names is ridiculous and is sure to cause a bit of skepticism. I hold no I'll will toward anyone here. Usually, I look at life as no one owes me anything and maybe, somewhere down the line I can help someone or maybe they'll help me. Either way, it'll be a good ride.

So, long story short, apologize accepted. I'm going to raise a beer to all the good people here (after I get out of work). Feel free to do the same.

I am so sorry for your loss, 24 is too young to go, my prayers go out to you and your family. I also just lost my step-father last week and I know that there is so much to do, and at this time of the year when things should be joyful. Again, I am deeply sorry.

Condoleanses to you and your family sent from Sweden. I'm so sorry for your loss. Donation sent.

-
Back