I Need You Opinion

-

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
ok i just got done talkin to LA dart on FABO and his is intrested in trading his pro street 87 dakota for my dart im kinda intrested to his truck is bad AZZ it is a full chassis truck with a 440 and needs minor things to finish like paint wiring etc it has a roll cage etc it can be made street leagal to!! what do i do should i trade for it or not i really need you guys opinion here is a pic of this bad lil truck dakota.jpg

dakota 2.jpg

dakota.jpg

dakota 2.jpg

build the dart the trucks cool and all but the dart would be alot better

Need to make up your mind about the Dart and stick to whatever you decide.

you change your mind just as much as i do bud but in that one i would definetly stick with the dart just continue to build it you will like it more and more as it gets to were you want it

ya i guess i just cant decide the truck is cool but the dart is to

Man keep the Dart!!!!!!! You can find yourself a truck like that in any salvage yard and pro-street it yourself. Old iron like your Dart are getting very hard to find and should be cherished like gold. Trust me, don't make the mistake of going with something that's somewhat cool but very easily attainable.

do you have smog laws were you live???????? california sucks and every car 1976 and above has to be smogged that truck would be far from street legal here

I think that truck would need more than just a few little things looking at those pictures. Unless the pics are old, and alot more has been done. I say stick with the Dart. The truck would be neat but short wheelbase, and probably a fair amount of HP, could get a little squirrely.. IMO

do you have smog laws were you live???????? california sucks and every car 1976 and above has to be smogged that truck would be far from street legal here

No kidding man. My 88 Lincoln Mark 7 with a 5.0HO has trouble passing unless I have everything completely in tune and functioning correctly. California smog laws are tough but you must admit they keep California cars on the road running smooth and intact. Whenever I go to Arizona it always amazes me to see the smoke coming out of the exhausts on many cars. Either way this guy needs to stick with the Dart.

this would weigh heavily on my decision. my county in washington has no smog, but 1/2 mile from here does, hope like hell thats is the way it stays.

look at what is more practical. here in Ca the smog check is an issue, strike 1.
when completed the dart would be a better investment , IMHO. Strike 2.

the older we get it seems the less noisy and she slower we like it. strike 3.

speaking from 23 years exp. with cars, owning two mopar pro street projects and 10 other mopars. i am 35. seems like things get slower paced as we age. i would stay with the Dart.
Peace

No kidding man. My 88 Lincoln Mark 7 with a 5.0HO has trouble passing unless I have everything completely in tune and functioning correctly. California smog laws are tough but you must admit they keep California cars on the road running smooth and intact. Whenever I go to Arizona it always amazes me to see the smoke coming out of the exhausts on many cars. Either way this guy needs to stick with the Dart.

very true but what sucks is that for the people who buy the new challengers and chargers you cant modify them much cause it wont pass smog there selling non modifyable performance cars

lived in az to last year, where you live determines emissions testing or not. used to be a mailing address was all you needed to get around the emissions. i believe if you have collectors insurance in az you no longer need to smog test.

Keep your Dart. I went thru the same thing when I was younger, getting tempted by this or that deal. I know it's hard, but be content with what you have. If you really want another project, save up for it, don't trade your Dart.

why do you think the guy wants to trade? Cause he knows that the dart is way cooler and better. Keep the dart

very true but what sucks is that for the people who buy the new challengers and chargers you cant modify them much cause it wont pass smog there selling non modifyable performance cars

Well you can. But when smog time comes around just make sure you have all the stock stuff. Or pay the ref a little something extra. We do stuff like this all the time. My friends 06 Subaru ran a best of 10.58 and its far from stock CA emissions standards. Garrett GT35 rotated mount turbo, front mount intercooler, 1000cc injectors, P&P intake, fuel rails, Walbro fuel pump, 3" down pipe w/ electric cutout. Granted the car is completely stock exterior, minus the lowering springs. But it doesnt look like a ricer. Stock interior. If the car had some slicks or something better than the stock radials it might hook little better rather than spinning all 4 through 2nd. It doesnt get much attention from the cops unless the cutout is open. And also they do sell alot of C.A.R.B. approved parts for the modern muscle cars.

Keep your Dart. I went thru the same thing when I was younger, getting tempted by this or that deal. I know it's hard, but be content with what you have. If you really want another project, save up for it, don't trade your Dart.

What this kid is contemplating reminds me of the huge mistake I made in my youth. I took a 78 Blazer instead of buying a Dodge Challenger because all my buddies were off roading and I though it was cool. Lame, real weak.

just wondering if he has headers for the truck already? i saw a few other pictures of the truck somewhere, looked like it was still in the mockup stage. it will get real pricey real quick if there is no oil pan (off the shelf might not fit) or headers, radiator etc.

First off, I'm not going to sound like a jerk, but I know some are going to think I sound like one anyway so here it goes.

I think you should keep your Dart. If you don't have the inspiration to build the Dart right now, then cover it up and come back to it later. I remember you flipping back and forth on whether you should keep the dart, and I also remember you complaining about not having any money. I think it's bad enough that you bought a big block when you had all the parts to build a good small block project, and now you're thinking about trading for a truck that looks like it could take 5-10 grand to complete? Honestly man, you're 15 right? You're getting in WAY over your head. Commit to one idea and commit to one car, because I can tell you that if you don't then you will never complete any project. I'm not intentially trying to sound mean when I am saying this, but at the same time I am not gunna sugar-coat my post and tell you that I think it's a good idea.

I'll be turning 18 in March so take it from someone your age. I have a little 4 cyl mopar as my first project. No, it's not really the project I want. I would much rather have a dart or any other A-body, but I am working with what I could afford and see potential in my smaller project. There is time to build other cars, but you're first project will almost NEVER be when you want. Work with what you have, and don't try to rush things.

If racing is important to you ...then the truck is a good choice..its already back-halved and will save you some money that way. Be aware the resale will not be good on a Dak compared to the dart. But if you must start racing and just cant stand it anymore..lol..then get the truck. If this guy gets your Dart he may do the same thing to that..so be prepared if that happens.8)

lol what do you all think about a 73 charger ????? it is in really good shape and we might trade rolling car for rolling car and then i put the 383 in the 73?? just throwing ideas out there i email the guy he said he wants to see pics so im waiting on a reply it is in SUPER shape minus the motor

Hey got any Dart parts for sale?I say make a plan,and stick with a BB Dart.:bootysha:

P.S Keep the Dart,dream later!

lol what do you all think about a 73 charger ????? it is in really good shape and we might trade rolling car for rolling car and then i put the 383 in the 73?? just throwing ideas out there i email the guy he said he wants to see pics so im waiting on a reply it is in SUPER shape minus the motor

Now you are looking at a Charger?! :stop:

-
Back