I pick up my Dart tomorrow!

-

fasteddie

Reaction score
Hey all I've been a Mopar guy for a while now (first car was a '73 340 Challenger - Still have it), but I just bought my first A-body.

I was tired of my Subaru Outback, and wanted a daily driver that was more fun. I found it in a 72 Dart Swinger Special! I liked the car from first look, the stance, Wheels, bumper guards removed, brand new interior, and I've always liked the '72 grille.

I am looking forward to getting tips and learning from you guys about this new foray into Mopar-dom.

Here's some pics.

5284045715_e601cd434b_b.jpg

5284040235_2332fa54aa_b.jpg

5284637790_97ac5b410c_b.jpg

5284637832_33e67edcd9_b.jpg

5284040065_86888b59d2_b.jpg

Thanks see you guys around here!

Ed

Dude that's sick.. I love the stance.. Have fun with it.

Cool car.
Has it been lowered ?
Going to a factory steering wheel would be my first change.

Very nice clean ride. If I can read the tag right, on the mirror, you got a great deal on that car. MMG

Cool car.
Has it been lowered ?
Going to a factory steering wheel would be my first change.

Yep, 2" lowering blocks in the back and good ol' mopar torsion bar lowering in the front. Rides really nice, and it's not so low that I worry about bottoming out everywhere. But I'll know better as I put some miles on it - speaking of miles this thing only has 47,000 miles on it.

Yes, the wheel is not stock but either is the pattern of the seats, from what I can tell, still very nice though.

Peace
Ed

Any engine pics? Very cool find and purchase. Love the stance also.

I'm driving three hours with a friend to pick it up today, I'll get some engine pics up when I can. To be honest, it's not the highlight of the car. Just a crusty old stock slant 6, but it's exactly what I wanted, and I look forward to cleaning it up and getting some tips from you guys on the best mods, etc.

Peace
Ed

Thanks for all of the love guys, I look forward to getting to know you and checking out your cars.

Peace
Ed

Looks like a nice clean dart! Should make a real fun daily driver.

Very nice clean ride. If I can read the tag right, on the mirror, you got a great deal on that car. MMG

Wow, you've got eagle's eyes. The price on the tag is $4999. but since the market is pretty soft, I pushed a little (OK a lot), and got it for $3500. - $4100 with tax license, title transfer etc.

Peace
Ed

Congrats, great looking Dart! I really dig the way it's set up will make for a head turning DD!

GREAT DEAL, fasteddie!!!
Nice looking cruiser you got there. Should get you decent mileage too if it's meant to be a daily driver.
JMO, but I wouldn't change the steering wheel. You gotta have a little 'bling' if it's not a stone-stock factory resto.
Actually, just get it to be what you want it to be. That's where you'll have the most fun.

Wow, you've got eagle's eyes. The price on the tag is $4999. but since the market is pretty soft, I pushed a little (OK a lot), and got it for $3500. - $4100 with tax license, title transfer etc.

Peace
Ed

You did real good. I would have bought that car in a second, enjoy it my friend. Christopher.

good looking car. loos clean. and for 3500 if its as clean as it looks and is mechanically good is a nice price.

-
Back