I switched out my summer air for some winter air

-
Pretty safe bet that every car ever made came with factory air when it rolled off the assembly line.:poke:

The stuff in those small donut tires must be real expensive with those tires being so small. Can’t even afford to fill a full size tire.

Heres one for you...way back in the day.

Some of you may not know that at an auto assembly plant, tires were filled with air around the bead as doing that through the valvestem would take WAY too long! And the hole in the wheel for the valvestem came in punched out - but quality control being what it was back then, did not always catch that the metal was sometimes not actually punched/knocked out. So when the tire machine (which was building up rims/tires to keep up with a moving assembly line) went to install the valvestem, if the hole was not there, the stem would just fall on the floor. Meanwhile, the tire got inflated as normal around the bead. If not caught, the car sometimes went to the dealer like this. Imagine the owner's or tech's expression when they went to check air pressure or add air and found no valvestem....!! Would have been a great Alan Funt/Candid Camera video!!

I bought the wheels I'm using on my '69 Dart build about 8-9 years ago. They stayed in their unopened original boxes for a few years until I bought tires for the car.
I took the unopened boxes to the tire store to get the tires mounted and found that one of the wheels had never had the valve stem hole drilled in it.
The wheel manufacturer was local so I took it back to them and they drilled the wheel in about 5 minutes...after laughing about it for awhile.

8109FC46-66AC-4553-A720-2F1D9C568274.jpeg
Bought this set of valves for my X heads. Company guaranteed better flow

Down here in aussy land we sell clean air in a can ! I don't know about winter and summer air because we only have good days and even better days! Just need to get rid of some of those pesky kangaroos trying to steal my mopar!

Down here in aussy land we sell clean air in a can ! I don't know about winter and summer air because we only have good days and even better days! Just need to get rid of some of those pesky kangaroos trying to steal my mopar!

And snakes

I don't know why you guys are going through all this trouble. Whenever I get tires mounted I just ask for the multi-vis air. They give me a strange look but go ahead and do it. It has worked well for many seasons. I'm pretty sure the synthetic, multi-vis air is the way to go!

I don't know why you guys are going through all this trouble. Whenever I get tires mounted I just ask for the multi-vis air. They give me a strange look but go ahead and do it. It has worked well for many seasons. I'm pretty sure the synthetic, multi-vis air is the way to go!
Multi vis air read about it once along time ago in popular mechanics but have never seen it on the shelf. Is it available at Walmart now. :lol:

I’m going to do my motorhome now. No way am I going to drain all of that air through that small tire valve. I’m drilling a one inch hole through the sidewall to speed things up.

I have found you can deflate a tire quicker if you add more air pressure.

Sure, its fine on the modern aluminum rims, but if you still run magnesium rims OR bias ply tires you have to ad zinc when running multi vis air

-
Back